What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 Finals 2023

TheParraboy

Staff member
Friday 8/9: 750pm Broncos v Storm

Saturday 9/9: 4pm Penrith v Warriors

Saturday 9/9: 750pm Sharks v Roosters - elimination game

Sunday 10/9: 405pm Knights v Raiders - elimination game

Only 2 Sydney teams (thanks Parra and Souths)

Only one Sydney team will be left going into week 2

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Go the Penrith Panther
Black Panther Big Cat GIF - Black Panther Big Cat - Discover & Share GIFs

King-Gutho94

Coach
I am intrigued by the Broncos v Storm match up.

Brisbane are under more pressure I reckon against there Bogey of all Bogey teams. If they lose they basically have to either beat Penrith or best case if the warriors win have to go to NZ to make the GF.

And if they had to go to NZ I reckon the Mt Smart stadium over there will be as rabid as an all black game with 30k kiwis spitting in there faces wanting blood.

I can see the fans up there already nervous @hineyrulz you might see a spike in nappy sales in Brisbane this week with the broncs fans shitting themselves at the thought of having to play storm again.

Bellamy, munster and storm would love the fact they go up as underdogs as well.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Brisbane are under more pressure I reckon against there Bogey of all Bogey teams. If they lose they basically have to either beat Penrith or best case if the warriors win have to go to NZ to make the GF.

And if they had to go to NZ I reckon the Mt Smart stadium over there will be as rabid as an all black game with 30k kiwis spitting in there faces wanting blood.

I can see the fans up there already nervous @hineyrulz you might see a spike in nappy sales in Brisbane this week with the broncs fans shitting themselves at the thought of having to play storm again.

Think Ponys will be out in straight sets tbh

Storm v Ruff GF for mine

Knights maybe a smokey

hindy111

Post Whore

That is going to be a cracker. I think Penrith and Knights take care of business. Unsure with Sharks and Roosters. Should be another good game.

hindy111

Post Whore
Think Ponys will be out in straight sets tbh

Storm v Ruff GF for mine

Knights maybe a smokey

Hmm I feel Brisbane might turn the corner and give Storm a bit of a whipping for some odd reason. One thing we know is Storm won't shit themself. Brisbane may. But if they don't I think they have to much skill. Aslong as they start well amd score first.

King-Gutho94

Coach
That is going to be a cracker. I think Penrith and Knights take care of business. Unsure with Sharks and Roosters. Should be another good game.
I think the chooks are on a roll and beat the Sharks.

Cronulla still have proven nothing especially against top 8 teams.

I don't think Shark Park makes much a difference either the Roosters have enough experience to combat the hostile atmosphere.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Btw on Shark Park how embarrassing is it to host a final at a 12k venue in 2023.

Surely there is a minimum requirement to host finals like 20k or something.

Its deadset embarrassing 15-20k fans cant go to a final in this day and age.

Either Cronulla get a bigger home ground or they cant host finals.

Sounds unfair but tough luck.

Suitman

Post Whore
Btw on Shark Park how embarrassing is it to host a final at a 12k venue in 2023.

Couldn't agree more.

PARRA_FAN

Coach

I think it was about 11,000 last year and was ridiculous. Now next week will be against a Sydney team. If they cant get more than today's crowd, then its a complete mess. PVL has to step in and change it.

I think they tried that for a while having teams play at bigger stadiums rather than suburban grounds, then clubs kicked up a stink saying there's no advantage and fans have to travel.

FMD, I remember going to Allianz when we played the Titans and we got almost 30,000, more than the other semi finals.

JokerEel

Coach
Friday 8/9: 750pm Broncos v Storm

Saturday 9/9: 4pm Penrith v Warriors

Saturday 9/9: 750pm Sharks v Roosters - elimination game

Sunday 10/9: 405pm Knights v Raiders - elimination game

Only 2 Sydney teams (thanks Parra and Souths)

Only one Sydney team will be left going into week 2

Storm
Panfers
Roosters
Knights

Win week 1

Which I assume Week 2 is

Rooster v Broncos?

Knights v Warriors?

Roosters and Knights to pull of upsets to go through week 3

the phantom menace

First Grade
Cheering for Warriors, but my tips are:

Broncos
Penrith
who cares... Roosters/Sharks lose to the Storm the week after
Knights - to then face the Warriors the week after

Avenger

Immortal

I live down this way and everyone including Sharks fans admit that the stadium is a shit hole. It has no soul or character like other older grounds like in Kogarah or Leichhardt. It’s a total embarrassment and should be torn down and rebuilt.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I just hope it's the worst rating finals series ever with blow out scores and shit boring games, so the nrl can realise they need the Eels involved and start giving us favourable draws and favourable calls during the season next year.

I'll take anything now, even cheating to see a premiership before I die

King-Gutho94

Coach
I just hope it's the worst rating finals series ever with blow out scores and shit boring games, so the nrl can realise they need the Eels involved and start giving us favourable draws and favourable calls during the season next year.

I'll take anything now, even cheating to see a premiership before I die
As long as we keep our 58-0 record for biggest win in finals.

Be nice to keep 1 record as a positive.