What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 1 Finals 2023

hindy111

Post Whore
Wighton hit him high at the end, then his head hit the deck hard

Ponga looked groggy for a few seconds

But got up to kick the winning goal from the penalty, which was for off side not the head high

It was a great game. I just had to go for a wee wee

King-Gutho94

Coach
Top game, one for the ages. The do or die finals games are the best. They bring out the desperation that games that have two bites of the cherry don’t. However, I see Newcastle progressing no further after next week.
I reckon Parra would have won in Cronulla or Newcastle if they scraped in.

Newcastle had a good 15 mins period but other then that were nervous and error riddled.

While last nights was a tight game but i wouldn't say the quality was great.

Reinforces what a waste it was this year not to at least scrape in with the final round bye to rest up we probably could have got into a prelim with momentum.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
From what I've seen so far, the Finals is just 6 shit teams with the Broncos and Panthers.

To be honest this is the most dreadful final series we're going to have in a while.
But it’s not a weak comp and we were just unlucky. Not even being able to sneak into the 8 in this shambles of a comp should be a sackable offence. But not at Parra “We BeAt PeNrItH tWiCe”

King-Gutho94

Coach
Canberra are similar to us in a way.

Have had one great generation of players which won multiple premierships but nothing since then.

They had some tortured endings in Finals or been completely screwed over in past 15-20 years in finals.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Canberra are similar to us in a way.

Have had one great generation of players which won multiple premierships but nothing since then.

They had some tortured endings in Finals or been completely screwed over in past 15-20 years in finals.
Both stuck with limited coaches well past their used by dates.