What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week One Finals

Panther_Daz

Staff member
2013 Holden Cup Under 20's Finals Series - Week One
Friday 13 September, 5:15pm
Elimination Final:
New Zealand Warriors (6th) v South Sydney Rabbitohs (7th)
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park

Saturday 14 September, 1:30pm
Qualifying Final:
Penrith Panthers (2nd) v Sydney Roosters (3rd)
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park

Sunday 15 September
11:15am
Elimination Final:
Wests Tigers (5th) v Brisbane Broncos (8th)

1:30pm
Qualifying Final:
Canberra Raiders (1st) v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (4th)

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/news/show/the-finals-how-it-works/

Son of Minto

Bench
Panthers will take the whole thing for mine. Raiders have looked sloppy recently, while Penrith have looked very strong. Having James Roberts is a huge plus.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see both 7th and 8th with the upset victories in their elimination finals.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Yeah Penrith are pretty hot favourites ($2.25) after dropping all our best players down from NSW Cup.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Injuries have really killed the tigers chances of going back to back. I think the top 2 sides are quiet a bit ahead of the rest and will be surprised if they don't play the GF.

ouwet

Bench
Injuries have really killed the tigers chances of going back to back. I think the top 2 sides are quiet a bit ahead of the rest and will be surprised if they don't play the GF.

Didn't we beat Canberra 62-12 a few weeks back?

It's Penrith's to win... All other teams are probably making up the numbers.

Edwahu

Bench
Its a bit tough on Canberra to have to give up home ground advantage to the Dogs after finishing 5 points clear. They'd have to be underdogs this weekend.

Packy

Bench
Panthers are justified favourites. Great to see TBH. Just need them to kick on as the last batch mostly didn't quite make it.

I think Dogs can beat anyone on their day so I hope they make it to the GF.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Great to see TBH. Just need them to kick on as the last batch didn't quite make it.

Yeah that is true. The previous management screwed up the development of that batch who won Flegg back to back in 06 and 07. Trust the current management not to make the same mistake.

Panthers team to play the Roosters:

1. Kieran MOSS, 2. Dallin WATENE ZELEZNIAK, 3. Waqa BLAKE, 4. James ROBERTS, 5. George JENNINGS, 6. Doug HEWITT, 7. Daniel FOSTER (C), 8. Andy SAUNDERS, 9. Kieran MOSELEY, 10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD, 11. Bryce CARTWRIGHT, 12. Brendan ATTWOOD, 13. Chris SMITH

INTERCHANGE: 14. Mitch Clark, 15. Michael ROSS, 16. Tekina VAILEA, 17. Iain Riccardi, 18. Geordie CONNELLY
COACH: Garth BRENNAN

That backline is unreal. So much talent and speed.

Edwahu

Bench
Some good games so far. It looks more then ever like the Panthers comp to lose though.

Y2Eel

First Grade
How good was the Tigers broncos game at the end the Captains challenge saved the tigers twice at the end..

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Didn't get to see the Raiders v Bulldogs game but apparently the decision to award an equaliser to the Bulldogs was an absolute clanger.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith are still switching off for periods and play some lazy football. Goalkicking is a huge problem too. 4/10 on the weekend with 4 different kickers used.

franklin2323

Immortal
Penrith are still switching off for periods and play some lazy football. Goalkicking is a huge problem too. 4/10 on the weekend with 4 different kickers used.

Hewitt is the best kicker we have. They have 2 weeks now extra GK practice. I didn't think we switched off on the weekend the 1st half we had all the ball. the 1st 20 mins of the 2nd half was 75% ball to the Roosters but our class took the game away in the end