What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well done Ash Harrison

Mr Saab

Referee
I dont see all the fuss about Ashley is.
He was an avg player at the broncos, and then was an above avg player in a below avg team with Souths.
Now he is at the chooks and he is again just avg.

Carlito

Juniors
sunny said:
exactly right kiwi. Harrison started with the Broncos and went to Souths for the money, they can hardly complain when he leaves them seeking even more money.

Less money.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Brutus said:
Yes, well done Ash my boy for taking less cash to head over to glamour club, the Roosters, so you could improve as a footballer and play more rep footy.

Looking at that Queensland back-row, I'm think you've failed.:lol:

On ya Ricky for ruining another player's career :clap: Hodges is certainly thankful he left the joint - look at him now.
oh so harrison's career was blossoming like a lily when he was at souths. Get over it, he made the choice and i think so far it hasn't been too bad.

ozzie

Bench
Angry_eel said:
oh so harrison's career was blossoming like a lily when he was at souths. Get over it, he made the choice and i think so far it hasn't been too bad.
10 points better off

MattJ

Juniors
He is in a better performing team, but his personal form has not been nearly as good as it was with the rabbits for the past 2 seasons.
The fact he couldnt crack the Qld team this year backs that up, especially when so many people from this forum, not just souths supporters, were screaming for his selection in the Qld team over the past couple of years, but no one has said a word in disagreance about him being left out this time around.

Angry_eel said:

It was the eternal question did he want to be a big fish in a small pond @ souths.

Or did he wont to swim with the big boys at the Roosters.

simon says

First Grade
Sheesh.....you cant blame the guy for wanting to leave the perennial wooden spooners,for the team with the Ozzie coach in it.

LRC

Ash is still pretty young and the roosters team is general is pretty young also with a good infratructure in place to be a force in the future as well a a fair existing roster.
Whilst they havent set the world on fire yet..they have potentialand are t a good point to rebuild from.(the roosters are in a rebuilding phase)
When Ash signed ,I dont think Souths were showing signs of improving in too many areas to the degree that other clubs have facility wise and recruitment and retention wise.

Alba

Coach
knights04 said:
Exactly. He gets a chance to play finals footy, which is fairyland as a Souths player. Well done indeed

well i highly doubt that he will taste finals football this year ..

Alba

Coach
someone from souths that still speaks to him seems to think that he does .. i spoke to ash when we were out last year and i got the impression that he wished he had never signed at the roosters .. but its not the kinda thing u can just ask

Iafeta

Referee
:sarcasm: I'm sure he regrets it.

Moving from the perennial cellar dwellers who haven't improved in not only 5 years, but 15 years, who can't attract good players to a team that has regularly finished in the finals the past decade, add to that won a premiership a few years ago and are coached by the current Australian coach.

Gee, I bet it was a tough choice.

Lucky for him then he's getting under the table payments :sarcasm:

imasharkie

Coach
Paullyboy said:
I must admit, I laughed when I saw he missed out. I know the main reason may have been to play finals footy, but I certainly remember an interview where he expressed his hope of furthering his representative future by going to the Roosters.

Then again, we lose in the end, because we are stuck with freaking Stagg in the backrow. Deadset, Bowen is bigger and more destructive than him.

My sentiments also Paullyboy. Stagg shouldn't be playing 1st grade let alone SOO. He offers nothing in attack, he's a tackling bag and QLD are going to need attacking backrowers so JT and Locky can weave their magic. The old story applies here, if the forwards are not going forward neither will the backs and we don't have the firepower in the running backrowers to get on top. Petrol and Pricey can't do it alone.

imasharkie

Coach
Bumble said:
Souths don't have Matt Elliott. Jason Taylor will be first grade coach within 2 years and look what he did with the Parra lower grades...

bahahahahahahaha...........

Stuart Raper coached and won a Flegg and Premier League premiership for the Sharks. Look at him now - an overrated supercoach who has no idea on what it takes to coach a 1st grade side.

Jason Taylor reminds me of him.

JBW1983

Juniors
In case anyone is blind, Harrison was Souths' "go-to man" last yr, while this year his job is to tackle himself stupid and contribute with some hard yards. We've got plenty of other strike players who are more destructive than the Ashley Harrison of 2005 (eg. Minichiello, Cross, Soliola, Tupou, Wing, Roberts... funny how half of them are injured atm!!).

This year he's been defending reasonably well (and did a marvellous job, along with Anasta, of keeping SBW extra quiet 2 weeks ago). I just think he needs to take more hit-ups because he's been pretty quiet in attack so far.

Everyone just assumes that when a team is struggling, it automatically means that all the players in that team aren't playing well so they are jumping on his back without having paid sufficient attention to what he has actually done on the footy field. He's really not done anything wrong.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Sir Knight82 said:
It was the eternal question did he want to be a big fish in a small pond @ souths.

Or did he wont to swim with the big boys at the Roosters.
well ye maybe he was greedy(for exposure) or and went to the rooosters but you can't blame him for that. All players want to go to a higher level maybe he felt he was the highest at souths(no more competition and he couldn't win them a game by himself) and wanted to go better.