What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well this is it...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
We've waited 23 years for this, can it finally happen tomorrow?

I'll be happy either way, I mean we werent expected to get this far especially at the halfway mark. Most of us then were talking about next season after we bought Poore and Shackleton.

After the win over Brisbane I was confident we were rebuilding after Mortimer scored a freakish try. Then I went overseas.

Didnt hear much while I was over there, but was pretty happy when I heard the news Tahu was coming back to the club next year and Paul Osborne was the CEO. Then I heard we beat Bulldogs, Melbourne and kept the Sharks scoreless. I couldnt beleive the turnaround.

I was just in time to see them smash both the Knights and Warriors. How much had changed since the start of the season. Everyone was enjoying their football and Hayne was in devastating form. Mathematically we can still make it.

After the tigers game I was pretty confident, cause we played that grinding football we need for finals football. Even though we got smashed by the Dragons, it was a wake up and helped us prepare for a big challenge.

3 wins later, and we're there. How good is that feeling especially beating the Bulldogs. Just one more game.

The build up to the game has been great, I live in the Hills District most of the houses, shops and cars are decorated in blue and gold. Bit different to 2001. We were so confident it was just a matter who we were playing. But if you look back, the boys looked nervous and didnt say much, a young side back then. This week they look enjoyable, pretty calm and relaxed. This is a big game, not just any other game, I hope they play their best football.

For Cayless, Hindmarsh and Burt who were there in 2001, I have no doubt they play the game of their life in this one. Theyve been the inspiration for Parramatta, and with Cayless now fit I hope it looks their confidence.

With one sleep to go, I wish all the boys good luck.

If they lose, it doesnt matter, we didnt expect to get this far and I hope they can maintain their confidence in 2010.

If they win I'll be the happiest person alive, along with every other diehard Parramatta fan.

C'mon Parra!! Fire UP!!

Nickeel

Juniors
The ride has been so much bloody fun. From a narrative point of view, this year has probably been my favourite as a Parra supporter - so much intrigue on and off the field (elections), the ups and downs of performance, Finch's departure, a new culture beginning and a string of brilliant wins led by a player in Jarryd Hayne who has just exploded to a whole new level, aided and abetted by long-term Eels and a bunch of guys who have either made their debut or played above their weight.

There has just been so much going on, and there may well be one more big story to come...

Nick

Nickeel

Juniors
And I think this is the year the modern Eels team proved its toughness, and that it could stay in games. The Eels outfit of last year, '07, '06, '05 etc. would not have won at 12-6 down last week. The defence has such resolve, the guys are playing for each other, are relaxed and confident, and the attack is flowing on from that. Very satisfying.

Nick

win or lose here's to the unsung heroes who got us here guys like robson, keating, kingston, lowrie, galuvao they didnt get the big wraps but without their efforts we couldnt have made it, my thanks to you all.....and the rest of the team of course!

Kornstar

Coach
I am extremely proud but i can't say i won't be shattered IF they lose.

On Monday or Tuesday when i get over it i will realise the acheivement but i know IF after they lose i will be angry and annoyed, that is just the way i am!

They are so close and i just hope they don't leave anything out there!!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Can't wait, I predict Hindmarsh will break most tackles in a game ( don't know that no. is however), make over 120 metres and 6 try saving tackles. I am glad he is on our side.

I keep on getting visions of the SOO where he was sick on the field because he pushed himself so hard !!! and this is him tomorrow

mickdo

Coach
The ride has been so much bloody fun. From a narrative point of view, this year has probably been my favourite as a Parra supporter - so much intrigue on and off the field (elections), the ups and downs of performance, Finch's departure, a new culture beginning and a string of brilliant wins led by a player in Jarryd Hayne who has just exploded to a whole new level, aided and abetted by long-term Eels and a bunch of guys who have either made their debut or played above their weight.

There has just been so much going on, and there may well be one more big story to come...

Nick

Agree 100%, it's been an incredibly eventful year. There's barely been a week without something happening, whether good or bad. It all ends in around 24 hours... I still can't believe we are in the GF! :lol:

cgee221

Juniors
Nice post Parrafan! It's been an awesome ride, and I'm proud whatever the result!!!

BTW what part of the Hills are you from?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I live in Kellyville Ridge, since 2006, but spend a bit of time in Castle Hill and Baulkham Hills.

Glenn

First Grade
A amazing season on and off the field regardless of the result tomorrow, that being said FIRE UP!!!!!!!

Eelectrica

Referee
After losing to the Sharks, I honestly wasn't sure we'd win another game all year. Making the grand final is one hell of an unexpected bonus.
That said I'll be shattered if we lose, especially for our 3 2001 survivors. After 2001 I thought we'd be back the following year, we all know how that turned out.

Either way though I'm proud of everyone representing the Blue and Gold. Now go out there and have the game of your lives!
We can do this.