What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

taipan

Referee
You’ll have to ask Beattie. He’s gone very quiet since being elected lol.

Really? He's been on twitter regularly,TV often.Attending to a meeting in Singapore ATM.Hardly ducking for cover.Pushing for migrant children to take up the game here. He opened up the NRL books to all NRL club CEOs,never done before.
Probably an ego tripper, but an improvement on a couple of the prior nimrods.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Really? He's been on twitter regularly,TV often.Attending to a meeting in Singapore ATM.Hardly ducking for cover.Pushing for migrant children to take up the game here. He opened up the NRL books to all NRL club CEOs,never done before.
Probably an ego tripper, but an improvement on a couple of the prior nimrods.

The answer was in regards to buffalo’s question about news on expansion. Apart from his tweet 6 weeks ago saying It’s going to take time and stay tuned he has he talked about it more recently anywhere?

taipan

Referee
The answer was in regards to buffalo’s question about news on expansion. Apart from his tweet 6 weeks ago saying It’s going to take time and stay tuned he has he talked about it more recently anywhere?

What we do know ,he has pushed the issue of expansion out in the open ,far more than any prior Chairman/CEO.So we have someone on the actual board who is at least pro expansion,can't think of anyone prior on the board who brought it up in the open.

In fact Beattie has been pushing for rugby league to get into the ethnic communities, previously neglected.

I note in Saturday's Telegraph the NSW RL introduced a 10wk Try League program in the Blacktown aimed at kids from a background other than Polynesian heritageOut of around 60 kids who signed update least 20 were from an Indian background.
Then the NSWRL of this is successful, will run a similar program to Chatswood Chinese community in Sydney's North.Maybe Beattie pushed it.I don;t know TBH.

Look I know he is a former politician of a party I am hardly enamoured to, but he is at least a rl fan, who once played the game.I'll judge him after 3 years.
I'm also keeping my fingers crossed he'll get something done in Singapore re International rugby league.
Greenberg after his stint to date needs to get his act together.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Peter Beattie in Perth yesterday meeting with the Premier and Ministers to "sell" NRL. Hope he is trying to get us a decent HQ for NRLWA. Great timing with the Mad monday farce hitting the rags.

Marlins

Juniors
Peter Beattie in Perth yesterday meeting with the Premier and Ministers to "sell" NRL. Hope he is trying to get us a decent HQ for NRLWA. Great timing with the Mad monday farce hitting the rags.
Would the mad Monday even be news over there, let alone on the papers?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Kent seems to think so! Glad to say the West Australian print paper just had the meetings mentioned today and a positive news story about it on page 2. The mad monday BS got a couple of inches on Tuesday but one of the good things about RL's low profile here is we dont generally get it splashed across the paper!

taipan

Referee
Podcast of Beattie on Perth radio talking about the games growth in WA and expansion this week.

https://www.6pr.com.au/podcast/we-have-to-make-sure-we-get-it-right/

I like the podcast.
Amazingly what Beattie(who some people bagged )has stated,is the gist of what i've been stating in these threads all along.Not that its rocket science.He does show he is passionate about the game,is a long term follower.
1)Long term certainty,financially strong with a good business plan, loyal fan base allied with an increased TV deal.
2)That expansion will be discussed before the next TV deal.Beattie is talking about couple of years prior to the end of 2022,when the deal will be negotiated.

Getting it right is the theme.

The Bulldogs debacle cropped up.The timing was perfect,not.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You’d think if things go to plan, current clubs don’t screw up and tv deal covers it we will see in Perth

2019 U20’s join nsw Comp
2020 WCPirates join nsw Cup
2021 new tv deal for 23-27 negotiated with 9th game included
2021 expansion clubs announced
2023 WC Pirates and Brisbane2 KO in NRL

Or we could see same as 2013 and 2018 and see nothing. Time will tell.

Marlins

Juniors
Perth definitely needs a side in either of the state comps first. And if they could also support a under 20’s side as well.
You’d think if things go to plan, current clubs don’t screw up and tv deal covers it we will see in Perth

2019 U20’s join nsw Comp
2020 WCPirates join nsw Cup
2021 new tv deal for 23-27 negotiated with 9th game included
2021 expansion clubs announced
2023 WC Pirates and Brisbane2 KO in NRL

Or we could see same as 2013 and 2018 and see nothing. Time will tell.
all good but I think a NZ2 side would benefit RL more then B2.

Perth Tiger

Bench
2019 U20’s join nsw Comp

Is this confirmed or just wishful thinking?

Given how long it seems to be taking the NSWRL to admit Fiji into the comp who have an active application for the last few year i cant see them being progressive enough to admit a Perth team unless directed to by the NRL

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
Is this confirmed or just wishful thinking?

Given how long it seems to be taking the NSWRL to admit Fiji into the comp who have an active application for the last few year i cant see them being progressive enough to admit a Perth team unless directed to by the NRL

WC Pirates already exist in the lower grades of NSWRL (albeit they get pumped most weekends). Natural progression would suggest that the boys lining up in those squads plus standouts in the NRLWA would make up the U/20's team to slot into the NSWRL.

The Pirates presence in NSW already is what differs from the Fiji bid trying to get a licence in NSW. NSWRL would want to hurry up on that though as they are missing out on a perfect opportunity to expand the international game. Look at the success of the PNG Hunters in the ISC in QLD. That has already had a flow-on effect into the PNG National side and made them stronger.