What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Tigers club news

Nutz

Bench
Club said it was clamping down on leaks. Turuva leaks? Generated by player and or agent I guess.

Das Hassler

Bench
The WT paddock has become pretty bare feeding for the media herd
No " when will the front office be accountable"
NoPascoe...Hapi...Brooks...no leaks . outrage..McArthur...unable to attract talent...no plan...nrl basketcase ... No madge...no "lost the dressing room" etc etc. This old menu was their daily free dinner

Das Hassler

Bench
Seems to be pretty reliable reporting that Richo rejected a personal approach by Russell Crowe to return and straighten out Souths in favour of staying with our ( formerly known as) basketcase WT ....pretty positive sign me thinks :)

Wizardman

First Grade
Let's not undersell the Richo 4 year extension. Richo is a man who has never failed at any club he has been at. All of his stints, the clubs have been in better shape than when he arrived. Richo is taking on the granddaddy of all problem children in the Wests Tigers and I couldn't be happier.

Huge day for our club!

Nutz

Bench
The WT paddock has become pretty bare feeding for the media herd
No " when will the front office be accountable"
NoPascoe...Hapi...Brooks...no leaks . outrage..McArthur...unable to attract talent...no plan...nrl basketcase ... No madge...no "lost the dressing room" etc etc. This old menu was their daily free dinner
I was having a peaceful arvo Das till I read "Pascoe and Hagipagilistic" It gives me a sick feeling just thinking about the muppet leaders and the board.

Tigerm

First Grade
Did anyone think at the end of last season, we would have
Playing:
Sezer
Galvin
The Fainu Bros
Olam
Signed for next year
Luai
Turuva

It’s been a huge turnaround for the club, including the coaches.
While early success have been mixed, the signs are there.

Last edited:
There were reports on the weekend in one of the bottom of the budgie cage liners that we were the only club to lose money last year, and the figure was about 2.2 million. On top of that, and not unexpectedly, former chairman Lee has pulled his sponsorship, confirming he never cared about the tigers and his whole involvement was an ego driven, vanity project. We've also lost our sleeve sponsor. This will total about $1.5 million in additional lost revenue.

I know the info about the sponsors is true, but if the other bit about us losing 2.2 million last year is true you have to wonder how it could have happened? I mean aside from the entire wages of the top 30 players the NRL kicks in about another 5 million more per annum. That's before any Wests Ashfield money, sponsorship money, gate takings, merch etc. Well done Pascoe. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I can see why they'd want to take the home games to a venue were we get paid a hefty sum to turn up. The sponsorship is going to be harder to replace considering we're unlikely to finish any higher on the table than we are now, and possibly claiming our 3rd straight spoon.

macnaz

Staff member
There were reports on the weekend in one of the bottom of the budgie cage liners that we were the only club to lose money last year, and the figure was about 2.2 million. On top of that, and not unexpectedly, former chairman Lee has pulled his sponsorship, confirming he never cared about the tigers and his whole involvement was an ego driven, vanity project. We've also lost our sleeve sponsor. This will total about $1.5 million in additional lost revenue.

I know the info about the sponsors is true, but if the other bit about us losing 2.2 million last year is true you have to wonder how it could have happened? I mean aside from the entire wages of the top 30 players the NRL kicks in about another 5 million more per annum. That's before any Wests Ashfield money, sponsorship money, gate takings, merch etc. Well done Pascoe. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I can see why they'd want to take the home games to a venue were we get paid a hefty sum to turn up. The sponsorship is going to be harder to replace considering we're unlikely to finish any higher on the table than we are now, and possibly claiming our 3rd straight spoon.
Wages and paying out former coaches/staff must be astronomical if we lost over 2 million .

Tigerm

First Grade

If you remember this bloke, tell me it doesn’t make you feel old. Hahaha

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
The profit from LO beer sales alone should cover that .🤔
$2.2m isn't really that much these days is it? Surely my membership money has eased the pain somewhat.
I've got a simple philosophy about money....If you think nobody cares whether you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

simmo1

First Grade

Fangs

Coach
Has this fedora bloke got any fans on here? Even one?

Loves to tell everyone how loyal he was seeing out the sponsorship and can't help bag the current administration who are making big moves for the club. Hopefully the last we hear of him in rugby league news.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Wizardman

First Grade
Precious undignified delusional rugby league illiterate fedora wearing merkin
By not dealing with Lee over the past few months, this basically shows that Tigers rightfully no longer wanted any part of Lee in the organisation. The only reason why Lee did not pull out in December was that he still wanted some part in the way the club is run.
Good riddance!

Fordy20

Juniors
Wages and paying out former coaches/staff must be astronomical if we lost over 2 million .

I imagine it will be much the same this year. Last financial year would include Madge's payout whereas this financial year will include Sheens and his wife too. How much was Sheens paid out last time he was sacked?