What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Western Melbourne - NRL Expansion (2nd Victorian Team)

7 pages! 7 bloody pages!

I have next to an eternity available and I still do not have time to go through 7 bloody pages of comments that are either entertaining this idea or baiting @Perth Red which I am sure is all there is.

I clicked it as I was looking forward to a laugh, then I noticed the OP was actually serious.

A second Melbourne team! In the next 40 years!

hahahahaha

aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

he said it could happen in the next 5 years!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahauauahahauahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

This topic is about as plausible as an NRL Magic Weekend being held in Tahiti.

Oh dear. Well I did get the laugh I was looking for. Let’s see if there is another post I can laugh about like PNG being the next NRL club… aaahahaha, I am laughing at the thought of that one already.
People also said Perth would be the 17th expansion club before the team with a singular name and 3 established clubs in its market took their spot. 🤷‍♂️

People also said Perth would be the 17th expansion club before the team with a singular name and 3 established clubs in its market took their spot. 🤷‍♂️
Ummm sure. Some people said man would land on Mars by 2012, didn’t make it real.

I bet you 70 kajillion, 648 nanzillion, 937 brazilion, 294 billion, 731 million, 468 thousand, 102 dollars and 47 cents, West Melbourne will not happen in 25 years because it is such a ridiculous suggestions.

MugaB

Coach
People are saying that perf will be no.18, but it'll be in Cairns, old wayne dont like the west coast, he like to be in qld

Melbourne bears 🐻
AMMI Park

Maybe not such a stretch after all lmao

yoSyNkb.png

blue bags

First Grade
It would be fantastic having a Live game played at AAMI every weekend
The Victorian government would love it

Pippen94

First Grade
A positive about this article (being written in 2020) is 'Field 2' being constructed on-time, according to the report:

View attachment 73744
Western United are set to host fixtures there later this year. Good signs in terms of development.

Shouldn't the account dedicated to a 2nd mrlbourne team know this venue will just be a small training facility?! I smell troll

Shouldn't the account dedicated to a 2nd mrlbourne team know this venue will just be a small training facility?! I smell troll
Well it's more than just a dirt road that some proclaimed lol

The broader picture is that the precinct is being developed. It's not much atm but it's progress, and I'll take whatever I can get haha.

Knowing the financial position of WUFC, the Wyndham City Council would have to be open to the idea of hosting NRL fixtures at the 15,000 stadium to be built - with the 5,000 training field to be the soccer-exclusive field/facilities. The potential to open up another (and probably much needed) revenue pathway, especially one that would bring in more $$ than WUFC games, will be too good for WCC to pass up. The website itself says the stadium will be a multisport stadium which will be open to other sporting events; suggesting it could potentially host Storm games in the future. That's what would lay the foundation for Melb2.

Pippen94

First Grade

The broader picture is that the precinct is being developed. It's not much atm but it's progress, and I'll take whatever I can get haha.

Knowing the financial position of WUFC, the Wyndham City Council would have to be open to the idea of hosting NRL fixtures at the 15,000 stadium to be built - with the 5,000 training field to be the soccer-exclusive field/facilities. The potential to open up another (and probably much needed) revenue pathway, especially one that would bring in more $$ than WUFC games, will be too good for WCC to pass up. The website itself says the stadium will be a multisport stadium which will be open to other sporting events; suggesting it could potentially host Storm games in the future. That's what would lay the foundation for Melb2.

Lol, they only going to the smaller training one

Canard

Immortal

Yes, now it's a dirt road to a shitty suburban soccer pitch.

blue bags

First Grade
Fantastic the Melbourne Bears 🐻
Can use it as a training facility
Bears centre of excellence
Could play a trial game their
But play NRL matches at AMI

It's not even big enough for league coz it's soccer specific.

☝️

JD-Roo

Juniors
Did the rest of Melbourne know what was going on ?
Honest answer, no.

I had to ask.

<EDIT>
But in the north of Melbourne, Broadmeadows, where I asked on the day, there were flags and parties everywhere.

Someone here mentioned earlier about all the talk of 'Western' Melbourne missing the expansion to the north and he was right. I think there is potential there, but only potential at this stage.

Honest answer, no.

I had to ask.

<EDIT>
But in the north of Melbourne, Broadmeadows, where I asked on the day, there were flags and parties everywhere.

Someone here mentioned earlier about all the talk of 'Western' Melbourne missing the expansion to the north and he was right. I think there is potential there, but only potential at this stage.

It would definitely strengthen the case for a second Melbourne team. You'd immediately double the market size to over 2.5m in population, which would rank it above Brisbane by that metric. The only concern I'd have hypothetically is would the Storm be willing to concede the Northern suburbs, given they've built a $12m centre of excellence in Broadmeadows.

Pippen94

First Grade
It would definitely strengthen the case for a second Melbourne team. You'd immediately double the market size to over 2.5m in population, which would rank it above Brisbane by that metric. The only concern I'd have hypothetically is would the Storm be willing to concede the Northern suburbs, given they've built a $12m centre of excellence in Broadmeadows.

Stop. Nobody gives a shi..about NRL in Melbourne