What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a bloody GREAT game of Rugby League!!

Chook

First Grade
I was riverted!

I didn't know who I wanted to win, but it was a fantastic game of Rugby League.

And the crowd was tremendous, great turnout. Congratulations to everyone that went.

There will be 60,000+ at Testra Stadium next week for Warriors V Penrith.

All those bloody kiwis finally making themselves useful:D

GO THE CHOOKS!!!!

Chook.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The Warriors faithful should be commended, but IMO it was a pretty poor turnout by the Raiders fans. Most times throughout the match i could have sworn the game was at Ericsson.

Brilliant game though.

Alan Shore

First Grade
What was the crowd figure?

I haven't watched it (not until 10pm on Fox - I'm in VIC) but from the Live Updates alone it sounds awesome!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Great game..... after quickly getting over the disappointment of the loss, i can now see it as a brillient game......... the most disapointing thing is the way some raiders fans a carrying on.......

edabomb

First Grade
i think some people take longer to get over a loss, aslong as they arent still bagging boogers 2mo itll be all good. i admit i was for 20mins, its just the disapointment of the season ending on 1 point....

Special K

Coach
Good on the warriors fans. They always turn out when the free tickets are given out.

I remember the sharks/warriors game the crowd was 50/50 and thats nuts considering one of the other teams is from another country. Good on the sydney warrior fans for supporting their team.

It came across great on TV.

Raider_69

Post Whore
edabomb said:
i think some people take longer to get over a loss, aslong as they arent still bagging boogers 2mo itll be all good. i admit i was for 20mins, its just the disapointment of the season ending on 1 point....

yea, those i was aluding to are starting to calm down...

azza

Juniors
I wonder if the people out there are finally going to start giving the Raiders some respect. Bloody oath we deserve it.

Hass

Juniors
That's the best game I've seen this year.

I must admit that I didn't concentrate on the match for the first 20 minutes of the second half because I was watching the Swannies - but I did keep an eye on that period of the game thanks to a second TV in the lounge room.

It really felt like a finals match with both team's producing some really tough defence.

The finish was an absolute crackerjack. A really great night of Rugby League.

Cheers.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
yeah have to admit it was a blooody good game to be at! even though we lost :( crowd was 31081...or close to it...but i dont think it would hav felt like a warriors home game if it wasnt for the 10 000 free tickets!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I feel sorry for you Raiders fans, I thought you would win that game and deserved a lot more. But in the end it was a great game of football. Hope they go well next year

JasonE

Bench
I was there and I must say thats the best atmosphere and loudest crowd Ive ever heard in Australia, I was surrounded by the Kiwis (i was there as a neutral) and the noise was deafening, it was awesome.

*Paul*

Juniors
Although we would've won had Bulgarelli gathered that kick, but we should've set for the field goal.

Frenzy

Juniors
As an independant observer I thought it was a great game. Real semi final stuff.

I'm satisfied with the result as well because I think it would of been an injustice if the Raiders won after the clear accidental offside Mander and the rest missed just one tackle prior to Woolford's try.

On the subject of "free" tickets I have no issues with it to be honest. If they were 100% free yes I would, but they are at least paid for by the Warriors and I think thats a great gesture for their fans and shows respect for the game in helping ensure a good crowd.

If the Warriors go on and win this thing they'll owe the Raiders a drink IMO. After the soft win over the Bulldogs last week they boys from across the Tasman needed a real hard game to get them fine tuned for the harder games coming. The Raiders gave them that in spades

brook

First Grade
Raiders 2003 said:
yeah have to admit it was a blooody good game to be at! even though we lost :( crowd was 31081...or close to it...but i dont think it would hav felt like a warriors home game if it wasnt for the 10 000 free tickets!

I disagree - even if you discount the free tickets entirely you only had to look at the category a section - none of those seats were given away and apart from the one canberra bay they were all mostly warriors fans.