What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a fantastic game of Rugby League, S.O.O. 1

eddo

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
How f***ed was webcke, he looked like he was gonna pass out.
i loved the result but I havn't seen such a dumb choice as a captain (to kick off in extra time) since gordy lost the game for Brisbane against the Knights (with the same decision) ;-)
don't these guys ever learn :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
Of course I am a NSW supporter.

But as Prince is a Tiger, I was watching his game very closely and he impressed me.

You must be the only one who thought he had a sh!t game. Why dont you check out the other thread and see what everyone else thought of him?

So mate, you are obviously unbiased. Give it a rest. We lost because of his bad kicking game.

greeneyed

First Grade
No, actually, I have a fair idea about rugby league... been involved in it for a very long time now.

Hass

Juniors
If I was captain I'd elect to kick off in Golden Point time.

This is because I believe in such a situation territory is King.

I know that Phil Gould and Peter Sterling disagreedon this issue. Gould believing that you can only win if you have the ball, and Sterling believing that you are a better chance of winning if you are at the right end of the field.

Unfortunately for Queensland they didn't measure up in that first set of six in Extra Time. They allowed NSW to get on a roll and cross over into the QLD half. They needed to pin NSW back - try to force a mistake, and force a kick that would see them in good field position for a chance at a field goal when they had the ball.

That's just the way it goes. Sometimes kicking off will work, sometimes it won't. At the end of the day the ball still rests in your court.

Cheers.

strong_latte

Juniors
Twizzle said:
I firmly belive that a team that scores 2 tries to 1 should win

Why? That just suggests that you don't need a team with all round abilities... Good teams need to be able to capitalise on points in every area. If they can't do that, then they don't deserve to win IMO.

strong_latte

Juniors
greeneyed said:
No, actually, I have a fair idea about rugby league... been involved in it for a very long time now.

That may be so, but Fatty, Sterlo and the lot all thought he had a cracker, and I'd say they'd know a bit more than you mate.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
I firmly belive that a team that scores 2 tries to 1 should win

Riiiight :roll:

NSW lost a game in 99 where Queensland scored no tries and Rogers scored all their points. Maybe they should go back and change the result :roll:

Stupidest post I've read in a while.

wogdog

Juniors
greeneyed said:
hybrid_tiger said:
Of course I am a NSW supporter.

But as Prince is a Tiger, I was watching his game very closely and he impressed me.

You must be the only one who thought he had a sh!t game. Why dont you check out the other thread and see what everyone else thought of him?

So mate, you are obviously unbiased. Give it a rest. We lost because of his bad kicking game.

can u both shut up listen i as a queensland supporter think that prince was the best player for queensland although his kicking game was fairly average it no were near lost them the game the game was lost through goalkicking queensland were just unlucky both there kicks were from the sideline and cameron wasnt good enough toslot them over thats football buddy , oh and and i dont understand why timmins got man of the match if anything fitzy should have got it

Anonymous

Juniors
How was Prince meant to kick well with the Queensland forwards almost backtracking. Prince does however need to learn to kick with a lower trajectory.

The General

Juniors
Prince had a very good game, but I agree with greeneyed, he had a very average kicking game. He failed to pick up many metres and hit players on the full far too often. However, I don't think he cost Queensland the game like greeneyed says. If it wasn't for Prince, they wouldn't have been in a position to win the game.

When Lockyer comes back, it will take alot of pressure off Prince and his kicking game.

wingys_girl

Juniors
i reckon!! ur goin on like the game was lost by prince. imo the game was bruoght up by him!! sufre his kickin wasnt spectacularl..but he scored first try of the night

Bengal

Juniors
strong_latte said:
greeneyed said:

That may be so, but Fatty, Sterlo and the lot all thought he had a cracker, and I'd say they'd know a bit more than you mate.

As far as their calling is concerned these guys hardly raised their voices, thats how boring this game was!

Simo

First Grade
Willow said:
Greeneyed and hybrid tiger, pleaae quit with the quoting game. Thank you.

AARRGGHHH.......Willow you just spoilt the fun! I was getting quite amused reading this thread at how long they would go on using such ridiculously long quotes!!!

I was waiting to see who would stop first!!! Bummer.

Latest posts