What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What CD Are You Listening to ?

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
listening to Waco - Violent Soho.

first half of the album is f**king great, last half is so so, pretty solid, not as good as hungry ghost though.

natheel

Coach
Not a CD but an audio book

NOFX Hepatitis Bathtub and Other Stories

Really enjoyed it. All band members very open about certain parts in their lives.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I liked the previous album but this one is more closer to Short Bus. Cranked up the first track Mother E :cool:

Given it a few good listens and yep great album. Reminds me so much of a 90s album (maybe why I've loved it so much). Really liking 'pride flag' 'city of blinding riots' and 'welcome to the suck.' One of the things I've always liked about Filter is they (well Richard) can do so many different styles so well. All their albums are very different. For instance I love the hard head banging and screaming of 'the inevitable relapse' as much as the soft and melodic 'god damn me' and the legendary industrial 'hey man, nice shot' or 'trip like I do'

This ones definitely their most industrial since short bus. Brilliant stuff

Storm13

Juniors
Given it a few good listens and yep great album. Reminds me so much of a 90s album (maybe why I've loved it so much). Really liking 'pride flag' 'city of blinding riots' and 'welcome to the suck.' One of the things I've always liked about Filter is they (well Richard) can do so many different styles so well. All their albums are very different. For instance I love the hard head banging and screaming of 'the inevitable relapse' as much as the soft and melodic 'god damn me' and the legendary industrial 'hey man, nice shot' or 'trip like I do'

This ones definitely their most industrial since short bus. Brilliant stuff
Glad you liked it.

I'm still playing it constantly. Feel like Anthems was the only weak album he has done. Really like him with the guys from STP as Army of Anyone. And the one track he did with a short-lived band with Borland and Lohner.

LESStar58

Referee
At the moment...

Tiger Army- V
John Doe- The Westerner
Lydia Loveless- Real
Devil Makes Three- Redemption and Ruin
Dwight Yoakam- Swimmin Pools, Movie Stars

elyod138

Bench
At the moment...

Tiger Army- V
John Doe- The Westerner
Lydia Loveless- Real
Devil Makes Three- Redemption and Ruin
Dwight Yoakam- Swimmin Pools, Movie Stars
You'd probably like what I'm listening to...

Angel Olsen - My Woman

A little bit less country than her previous stuff but the influence is still there.

elyod138

Bench
Checked out Angel--hadn't heard of her--not sure of her genre--sounds Country/Folk to me which I really like!!!

Downloaded a few of her songs!! Shut Up Kiss Me & Hi-Five!!
She's doing an Australian tour in December.

Saw her last year, she's mesmerising live, definitely seeing her again.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Been exploring through iTunes and YouTube and came across 2 bands who released a few eps about 5 years ago. Nothing else from them so they must not have been successful enough, but it is some good music.
Both Aussie bands too
Varliiba - NumbAntic
Sadhana - Vicissitudes, and The Real