What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is The Dumbest Thing You Have Ever Done?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I'll admit the I've done thousands of dumb things throughout my life but yesterday's takes the cake.

I went to a local ATM to withdraw $300. The sky was looking angry and I was in a bit of a rush. Did the usual thing at the ATM, removed my card, took the receipt but LEFT THE f**kING MONEY IN THE MACHINE!!!!!!

I didn't realise this had happened until a few hours later. I immediately rang the CBA who took details of my identity, transaction, blah, blah, blah. The person said that the ATM sucks the money back into the machine after about 30 seconds and it would take up to 21 days for a refund to be processed as long as nobody else snatched up the money. I was also given an investigation number.

From my recollection, nobody else was anywhere near the ATM at the time. It was starting to rain and the ATM is located in a side street without any overhead cover. Also the CBA person said that there would be CCTV footage at that ATM.

Personally, I don't go walking past ATMs to see if there's any money hanging out of them so this time, I might consider myself lucky that the money will be reimbursed.

WHAT A DUMB merkin!!!

A happy ending to this tale.

The Commonwealth Bank credited my account with $300 sometime this afternoon. A five day turnaround...I'm very impressed.

You f**king beauty!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'll admit the I've done thousands of dumb things throughout my life but yesterday's takes the cake.

I went to a local ATM to withdraw $300. The sky was looking angry and I was in a bit of a rush. Did the usual thing at the ATM, removed my card, took the receipt but LEFT THE f**kING MONEY IN THE MACHINE!!!!!!

I didn't realise this had happened until a few hours later. I immediately rang the CBA who took details of my identity, transaction, blah, blah, blah. The person said that the ATM sucks the money back into the machine after about 30 seconds and it would take up to 21 days for a refund to be processed as long as nobody else snatched up the money. I was also given an investigation number.

From my recollection, nobody else was anywhere near the ATM at the time. It was starting to rain and the ATM is located in a side street without any overhead cover. Also the CBA person said that there would be CCTV footage at that ATM.

Personally, I don't go walking past ATMs to see if there's any money hanging out of them so this time, I might consider myself lucky that the money will be reimbursed.

WHAT A DUMB merkin!!!

Shit mate.

Relatives of mine on holidays in France get their wallets taken every second trip they go there. 13-15yr olds boys are the best at snatching em!

Rabbits20

Immortal
When I was young years ago I put my tongue through the coffee table.

My tongue healed reasonably but will always have cuts on it.

Every so often it can get very sore.

I reckon for most of us the dumbest things we've done were when we were kids/teenagers.

In primary school I was about 10 many years ago and I couldn't swim. Yet dived in the deep end and nearly drowned. Swim teacher saved me but it was extremely embarrassing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Throwing a mouth guard that you've slept in away when you put it on a tissue and throw the tissue out without realising.

A pretty dumb and expensive mistake.

Another one is going through a park/taking a shortcut to get somewhere and walking through kids playing soccer and not watching. Then the ball was kicked at my head and my glasses smashed. Shocking moment that was.

Dogs Of War

Coach
A happy ending to this tale.

The Commonwealth Bank credited my account with $300 sometime this afternoon. A five day turnaround...I'm very impressed.

You f**king beauty!!!

I've done this. But I didn't get the money back. But it was before cctv cameras were everywhere

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Dumb Veg moment Number 2.

When I was about 20, driving home from work, I felt like a smoke so I pushed in the lighter on the dash of the HQ Holden.

Mind you, the ciggie was in my right hand holding the steering wheel and the lighter was to my left. The lighter popped out and I immediately placed the glowing red lighter to my lips, screamed in pain...the smoke was still in my right hand.

Less than a second later....BANG!! I ran up the arse of a Datsun 240K on Forest Road in Bexley. What a goose!!

The most embarrassing part was that I had a neat circular blister which turned into a nasty scab for the next few weeks. My new girlfriend at the time didn't want a bar of me....literally. Bitch.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Had my nose broken pretty bad when I was about 15. Had to have surgery to fix it. After surgery i had to wear a cast on my nose for a week, and during surgery they packed my nose with this tissue/dressing thing so that nose would keep shape (i think, my memory of the time was a bit hazy). Anyways they told me that if i sneezed and some of the tissue came out that i should just push it back up my nostril.the first time i sneezed about 2cm of tissue came out. Even though it was covered in snot and mucus i pushed it back up. This kept going for days, sneeze push up, sneeze push up, and a little more come out each time. After about 4 days i had string of about 10cm of mucus covered tissue coming out of my nostril every 10 minutes so i snapped and decided to pull it out instead of pushing it back in. I figured since 10cm was already out there can't be much more left in my nostril. How wrong i was. After 5 minutes i was still pulling it out!. The Strand of tissue hit the floor before it was completely out of my nostril. Considering I was about 180cm, that means at the very least i pulled a 170cm long piece of mucus covered tissue out of my left nostril. In the end it had to be at least over 2m long. Wasn't exactly a pleasant experience pulling it out either!. I think it also had an effect on my healing, I still have trouble breathing out of that nostril

Last edited:

Eion

First Grade
I lost cards twice in about 5 days in the states, same way. As opposed to here where you get your card befor eyou get your money, over there you got your money before your card. Took cash, walked away, checked wallet later "oh f**k." That was really dumb

Did exactly that in Bangkok about a month ago!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Dumb Veg moment Number 2.

When I was about 20, driving home from work, I felt like a smoke so I pushed in the lighter on the dash of the HQ Holden.

Mind you, the ciggie was in my right hand holding the steering wheel and the lighter was to my left. The lighter popped out and I immediately placed the glowing red lighter to my lips, screamed in pain...the smoke was still in my right hand.

Less than a second later....BANG!! I ran up the arse of a Datsun 240K on Forest Road in Bexley. What a goose!!

The most embarrassing part was that I had a neat circular blister which turned into a nasty scab for the next few weeks. My new girlfriend at the time didn't want a bar of me....literally. Bitch.

Bloody hell. Bet you wished you waited until you were at traffic lights to light up???

Rabbits20

Immortal
Had my nose broken pretty bad when I was about 15. Had to have surgery to fix it. After surgery i had to wear a cast on my nose for a week, and during surgery they packed my nose with this tissue/dressing thing so that nose would keep shape (i think, my memory of the time was a bit hazy). Anyways they told me that if i sneezed and some of the tissue came out that i should just push it back up my nostril.the first time i sneezed about 2cm of tissue came out. Even though it was covered in snot and mucus i pushed it back up. This kept going for days, sneeze push up, sneeze push up, and a little more come out each time. After about 4 days i had string of about 10cm of mucus covered tissue coming out of my nostril every 10 minutes so i snapped and decided to pull it out instead of pushing it back in. I figured since 10cm was already out there can't be much more left in my nostril. How wrong i was. After 5 minutes i was still pulling it out!. The Strand of tissue hit the floor before it was completely out of my nostril. Considering I was about 180cm, that means at the very least i pulled a 170cm long piece of mucus covered tissue out of my left nostril. In the end it had to be at least over 2m long. Wasn't exactly a pleasant experience pulling it out either!. I think it also had an effect on my healing, I still have trouble breathing out of that nostril

Sounds bad.

Interesting story though.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade

Are you sure there isn't more tissue still stuck up there? :lol:

One day when I was in Year 12 I was in my study period putting the finishing touches on my Legal Studies assignment that was due later that afternoon. Whilst doing this I was also checking out the TAB website and writing down what bets I'd like to place for a multi in a separate document. Anyway, the bell goes for the end of the period and I save both documents. I then instantly realised what I had just done, I had saved over my Legal Studies assignment with my multi....

There was about 2 hours left until the assignment was due, I went and found my Legal Studies teacher, made up some bullshit excuse about the file wasn't working or something and asked for an extension, to which she said no. So I skipped my next class and re-did my whole assignment, a 2000 word essay, in that 1 hour period.

Needless to say I failed that assignment and my multi didn't get up.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors

WHAT A DUMB merkin!!!

Don't put yourself down too much, when It comes to cards and money you tend to get a little nervous, I has an an experience where I thought I had lost my card and went through the whole deal of cancelling my cards and then a couple of days later got the call from the Butcher letting me know I'd left it there.
Just a couple of days ago I was at a ATM where I recognised the previous user as a relative of a mate of mine, my mate doesn't think too highly of his Uncle so I was in a bit of a conumdrum!, the ATM kept beeping, do I ignore it or take the card back to the Office, damn these CCTV's, I did the right thing BTW!~.

Latest posts