What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

vvvrulz

Coach
Logan 7/10 - Unexpectedly grim and fierce conclusion to the Wolverine saga, the only standalone movie of that lot that deserves any mention. Jackman and Stewart deliver their morbid character arcs in spades, their performances the real strength of the movie. Let down unfortunately by the lack of a compelling plot, essentially boiling down to one long chase movie with the usual cliched goons.

That's enough of Wolverine thankfully.

I do love Jackman's portrayal but there was far too much of him at the expense of other prominent players. Hope we don't see any more stupid cameos.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Finally saw Wonder Woman last night, thought it was pretty good. Not worth the gushing praise but pretty good none the less.

7/10

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
The BFG, not a very exciting movie, but it was pretty to look at. Maybe more for younger viewers. 5/10

Kubo and the 2 strings. Animated movie which is very different. Very well made with plenty of heart and imagination. 8/10

The last starfighter. As much as I would love to see a remake of this movie (from the 80's) the original holds up so well. Appreciate this more than I did when I was a kid. If you haven't seen it, get into it. 9/10

axl rose

Bench
Finally saw Wonder Woman last night, thought it was pretty good. Not worth the gushing praise but pretty good none the less.

An overrated comic book film:question: I wont hear of it.

Monster House- one of the better animated movies from back in the day 8/10

The Shack- painful to get through 2/10 .

Last edited:
Midnight Special - going in, I knew basic premise but deliberately avoided knowing more. Finally watched it. Loved it. A real slow burner with some really wonderful performances by the core cast. Nice denouement.

A Royal Night Out - old school comedy farce. Reminded me of Adventures in Babysitting. 90 odd minutes and passes the time amenably.

axl rose

Bench
Friday The 13th ( 2009 remake) only vaguely remember the original, if it was Jason slashing campers with numerous topless scenes, well this is it. 6/10

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Logan - Dark and gritty and enjoyable.. thought professor X was great

7.5/10

John Wick 2 - Personally thought it was even better than the first. Can't wait for the the third one... never get sick of headshots

8.5/10

Lemon Squash

First Grade

7/10

Nailed it Hiney

Reminded me of Captain America but with a chick... enjoyable and well written but a few little things annoyed me with it