What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

kit66

Bench
The Beekeeper
Basically another "The Accountant", "Shooter", "John Wick" indestructible non-super superhero, messed with the wrong guy, out for revenge, type flick. Mindless fun, reasonable action scenes. 6/10
I've never seen an actor look as bored and over it as Jeremy Irons in this film.

Tokyo Drifter 1966
There's a genre of Japanese Yakuza/Crime films from the 1960's that I love called Hard-boiled. Borne out of the 50's French New Wave and 40's American Film Noir but with a uniquely Japanese perspective. I love these films and this is one of my favourite films ever from the master of Japanese Hard-boiled Seijun Suzuki. It's a Yakuza film with a surrealist element with stunning sets and action sequences much copied by directors like John Woo, Tarantino and Scorcese. It's also been labelled one of the coolest films ever made and I tend to agree. 9/10
I re-watch it every 2 years or so.
This is a short trailer from a film festival to give you a taste.

Last edited:

King hit

Coach
Finally have seen all the back to the future movies. One of the best movie trilogy’s for a good reason. Such fun and creative films. Was really good last night watching the 3rd one with dad drinking wild turkey hanging out and enjoying the movie.

mongoose

Coach
The Beekeeper
Basically another "The Accountant", "Shooter", "John Wick" indestructible non-super superhero, messed with the wrong guy, out for revenge, type flick. Mindless fun, reasonable action scenes. 6/10
I've never seen an actor look as bored and over it as Jeremy Irons in this film.

Tokyo Drifter 1966
There's a genre of Japanese Yakuza/Crime films from the 1960's that I love called Hard-boiled. Borne out of the 50's French New Wave and 40's American Film Noir but with a uniquely Japanese perspective. I love these films and this is one of my favourite films ever from the master of Japanese Hard-boiled Seijun Suzuki. It's a Yakuza film with a surrealist element with stunning sets and action sequences much copied by directors like John Woo, Tarantino and Scorcese. It's also been labelled one of the coolest films ever made and I tend to agree. 9/10
I re-watch it every 2 years or so.
This is a short trailer from a film festival to give you a taste.

Haha yeah, Jeremy Irons just collecting a pay cheque in this. Even the Stath looked bored... not terrible though

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Dune 2

brilliant, everything an epic sci-fi book adaption should be. I can’t wait for Villeneuve to finish the entire series so that I can binge the entire thing back to back.

(note that I called it Dune Part 2, not Dune 2, because that exactly what it is, the second part of a larger whole, not a stand alone sequel)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have many screens lately I have been movie free you tube movies, it is auto play, so just moves from movie to movie.

Most are third rate I don't listen, just sub titles, from 1950s drive-in movies, to many that see actors so young, most I have never heard of.

I am currently not really watching Van-damme, with Micky Rourke and Dennis Rodman. Truly crap, yet amusing how bad films can be, yet get made.

You tube has so many the world will end, earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunami, moon crashing, climate changes, meteors, sun flares, hurricanes, tornado's.

All these movies got made somehow, C grade at best most of them.

axl rose

Bench
Moonfall- many consider it the dumbest movie ever made, so quite fitting that Michael Peña is in it. Without the boring subplot though there was some fun here.

Beekeeper- loved every minute of it.

Bricklayer-so boring😴

PJ

First Grade
Dune 2. Visually spectacular but felt hollow to me.

If you are seeing it, it should be at the theatre.

I preferred the first one.

Pugzley

Dune 2

brilliant, everything an epic sci-fi book adaption should be. I can’t wait for Villeneuve to finish the entire series so that I can binge the entire thing back to back.

(note that I called it Dune Part 2, not Dune 2, because that exactly what it is, the second part of a larger whole, not a stand alone sequel)
I thought it was slow and boring and actually preferred the 1st movie

Reactions: PJ

axl rose

Bench
I thought it was slow and boring and actually preferred the 1st movie
Mixed. Slow with all the religious aspects and ceremonies. But has to be there because book nerds. Felt like there is 2 hours in there of one of the better movies ive ever seen. Villeneuve would release a 6 hour cut though if he could.

Matua

Bench
Mixed. Slow with all the religious aspects and ceremonies. But has to be there because book nerds. Felt like there is 2 hours in there of one of the better movies ive ever seen. Villeneuve would release a 6 hour cut though if he could.
The choppy editing suggests he is going to release a 6 hour cut in the future ...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It’s definitely one for the book nerds- I think without any knowledge of the books some of the elements wouldn’t make as much sense. I also think it’ll probably be better viewed in a single session once the sequel comes out. The director has basically said as much.

mongoose

Coach
It’s definitely one for the book nerds- I think without any knowledge of the books some of the elements wouldn’t make as much sense. I also think it’ll probably be better viewed in a single session once the sequel comes out. The director has basically said as much.
yeah I felt it glosses over a lot of things... I still enjoyed it

Zoidberg

First Grade
Dune part 2. Very impressive. Such a big fan of this director. Can’t wait for the next instalment.

kit66

Bench
I have many screens lately I have been movie free you tube movies, it is auto play, so just moves from movie to movie.

Most are third rate I don't listen, just sub titles, from 1950s drive-in movies, to many that see actors so young, most I have never heard of

I am currently not really watching Van-damme, with Micky Rourke and Dennis Rodman. Truly crap, yet amusing how bad films can be, yet get made.

You tube has so many the world will end, earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunami, moon crashing, climate changes, meteors, sun flares, hurricanes, tornado's.

All these movies got made somehow, C grade at best most of them.

Youtube has heaps of great old movies from the 30's - 40's and 50's, lots of sci-fi and b-grade drive in horror. There's also heaps of old crime films like Charlie Chan, Mr Moto, Mr Wong, The Saint, The Falcon, Sherlock Holmes. they're simple but great fun and usually the run time is barely over an hour to 1 hour 30 minutes, easy to watch.

Latest posts