What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do with Tui...

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's not funny this (The NRL) is the real deal. If you want to have fun via social media don't direspect the Warriors club or jersey. It may have been tongue and cheek but it's poor form on his part even if it was indirect.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11720733

What the f**k do these guys think they're up to? This sort of thing counts as funny nowadays? Absolutely unprofessional BS that far too many of our idiots are tipping into. They're much happier to gain likes and f**king followers than they are wins and finals appearances. I may have woken up on the wrong side of the bed today but this made me mad. So indicative of our shithouse culture and the sort of morons that are kicking around on far too much money, giving half their asses while us fans tip in our less substantial pay packets week in, week out to watch them decide when they want to give a shit.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11720733

What the f**k do these guys think they're up to? This sort of thing counts as funny nowadays? Absolutely unprofessional BS that far too many of our idiots are tipping into. They're much happier to gain likes and f**king followers than they are wins and finals appearances. I may have woken up on the wrong side of the bed today but this made me mad. So indicative of our shithouse culture and the sort of morons that are kicking around on far too much money, giving half their asses while us fans tip in our less substantial pay packets week in, week out to watch them decide when they want to give a shit.

No mate, you havn't woke on the wrong side of the bed.
Your point is completely correct.

JJ

Immortal
Not sure why a reserve grader is getting so much media hype TBH

The world is full of players that did well at junior level and couldn't make it in the NRL - he's heading that direction too... he's better off somewhere else IMO, not sure what he thinks will happen at the Broncos though, replacement for Jack Reed perhaps

jaseg

Juniors
Was one of our best in the first half of the year - clearly has what it takes to play at this level. His position is highly debatable though. Would trade for something we need (middle forward, or maybe a better winger).

not sure what he thinks will happen at the Broncos though, replacement for Jack Reed perhaps

All a bit moot now, but say if the Broncos were interested... they were linked with a Radradra<->Hunt swap last week, so I would imagine the thinking would be Lolohea to halves with Milford (lol), Radradra/Oates wings, Mead/Roberts centres.

JJ

Immortal
Was one of our best in the first half of the year - clearly has what it takes to play at this level. His position is highly debatable though. Would trade for something we need (middle forward, or maybe a better winger).

All a bit moot now, but say if the Broncos were interested... they were linked with a Radradra<->Hunt swap last week, so I would imagine the thinking would be Lolohea to halves with Milford (lol), Radradra/Oates wings, Mead/Roberts centres.

Yep, but again history is littered with people that have had half a good season - I was one that strongly suggested McFadden f**ked him over with the 'work ons' etc - but I haven't liked what I've seen of Tui's (and his advisors) reactions since...

Yes, a Tui/Milford halve pairing is funny, as imo would be a SJ/Tui one...

In our set up I still think he competes for a centre position, but he doesn't seem to want to play there, so Houston...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'm no getting the angst over Tui's social media post. Maybe he was in Brisbane for personal reasons and just happened to be near Broncos HQ so he decided to take a photo and put a caption on it? Absolutely nothing in that.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I'm no getting the angst over Tui's social media post. Maybe he was in Brisbane for personal reasons and just happened to be near Broncos HQ so he decided to take a photo and put a caption on it? Absolutely nothing in that.
prt_220x308_1329679722.jpg

Hes a cheeky bugger is young Hong Kong Tui.

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
If he is going to go anywhere I'd like for him to go to the Storm. If anyone can turn him into a player its Bellamy.

And if we get a big bopper out of it then even better

Wow really? It's poor class mate. I'm all for having fun but not at the expense of degrading and disrepecting the Club and jersey. These kids who have their heads up in the hype clouds need to wake up and realize that the supporters and many people who try to run the whole club to success don't deserve that shit. Ship him out let him play funny on Twitter for all I care. I want the 17 men who go out in the Warriors jersey to be 100% focused on restoring the mana back into the whole team.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Entitled to your opinion my man but why did the caption have to be 'what am I doing here'? That's intentionally inflammatory. The sort of which he could send to friends, but unless he's thicker than I already think he is (and on a similar level to some of his team mates) he knows instagram is a public forum (his account is not private). So really, if you're at Red Hill, text it to your friends, family whatever - but when it's on the public forum, try and be professional. I'm pretty sure it's in your contract somewhere to be so. It's a slap across the face of some fans, it makes others angry or sad he might be going, it's one more thing for Jim Doyle to deal with...it's just crap.

Look at all the idiotic uses of social media from our bunch of overpaid, underperforming like-mongers over the past few years. Locke, Johnson and co and their 'Matt Elliott eh' crap when their buddy Iro wasn't appointed. Manu posting an instagram photo of himself as a giraffe on the plane back from being humped by Melbourne. Sam Lisone posting 'f**k the haters' on the same platform last year after a win (probably over a bottom eight side). Konrad Hurrell - too hard to narrow that down to one but we have the public show of disrespect for the coach, constant clowning around etc. Sure I've missed more.

Honestly. I'm only 33 so it's not like I'm a luddite. I think I get social media, as much as someone from my generation can. Guys from 15 other clubs are, generally speaking, not getting it as f**king wrong as we are on a regular basis. Sure, apart from the red bull crew we haven't been too bad in terms of bad stuff made public, but then again our media focus isn't nearly as fearsome either. But we sure make up for it in terms of showing how unprofessional we are through social media.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Great culture we have if Tui has a sook about not being the first choice halves pairing since Foran has signed.

Instead of fighting for a position with hard work he posts this. He can FO now for all i care

Yeah. He should be posting a picture from the weight room, saying '2017 starts here'. Or you know, not post at all.

These guys honestly enjoy likes and followers, and a bit of cash, more than they value success.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Tuis given the Warriors an ultimatum - Foran gets the green light to play, he leaves for the Dragons.

The article below confirms what Ive been saying in the position he prefers to play and also my recommendations of where he should take his career (I been blowing my own trumpet lately and its awkward typing out 'I told you so' lol but hey, Im right a lot. Ill stop it).

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...l/news-story/a4170d06581a30f94e82d2885d7dfda0

Rich102

Staff member
Ridiculous article. No need for Stan to contact Jim. Jim has already said Tui is contracted for 2017 so here is where he will be.
Instead of demanding he be played at 6, Tui should be concentrating on playing a full game without glaring mistakes so he can justify a position in the team. Any position.
Guy reminds me of Joel Moon. Thought he was a natural 6; nobody else did.

Izz

Bench
If that's your attitude, Tui, then naff off. We can do with less prima donnas and more guys who are willing to work hard and do what's best for the team.

Plus, you haven't actually shown anything to warrant this level of arrogance...