What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would get you sent off?

RufusRex

Post Whore
Take a look at this ... 10-15 seconds in ..

A high shot - suitably dealt with by a ref .. no real push shove bullshit from the teams they check on the players welfare and are happy that it is dealt with appropriately.

back when refs had balls - and ability

Knight76

Juniors
Take a look at this ... 10-15 seconds in ..

A high shot - suitably dealt with by a ref .. no real push shove bullshit from the teams they check on the players welfare and are happy that it is dealt with appropriately.

back when refs had balls - and ability

Looks like les davidson I believe. He knew he was gone and started walk8ng as soon as he got up.

These days with big money comes big egos. I seriously wonder if we saw that tackle today would he be sent?

perverse

Referee
Looks like les davidson I believe. He knew he was gone and started walk8ng as soon as he got up.

These days with big money comes big egos. I seriously wonder if we saw that tackle today would he be sent?
No, not a chance. He'd be unlucky to get 10 in the bin. On report and dealt with later, because the refs can't make a f**king call on the spot, even an obvious one.

I'm still a bit stunned that you can actually swing elbows at the face, and connect, and not get sent. The sin bin is dying, but the send off is 100% pushing up daisies.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Dan ginnane summed it up well today when he said something along the lines of everyone knows George Burgess should have been sent and suspended for longer then 2 weeks but because it was against Newcastle on Saturday afternoon no one bats an eye lid over it. If that was against the broncos on Friday night he would have been sent and be facing 6-8 weeks

Knight76

Juniors
When it happened I was surprised he wasn't sent, I get them not sending for high shots generally, as a lot of those are accidental.

But this was a deliberate attack using the elbow. Anyway....

I figured the Judiciary would get him and sit him out for a decent period of time given how serious that sort of thing is on the field. It wasn't reckless, careless, accidental, it was intentional......

Thanks NRL for letting the Knights down on both occasions. Maybe fitzdickhead should have whinged in the news about what it takes to be sent off in league and maybe something would have happened.

yobbo84

First Grade
Dan ginnane summed it up well today when he said something along the lines of everyone knows George Burgess should have been sent and suspended for longer then 2 weeks but because it was against Newcastle on Saturday afternoon no one bats an eye lid over it. If that was against the broncos on Friday night he would have been sent and be facing 6-8 weeks
He's right and TBH we used to cop the same rubbish for years.

T-Boon

Coach
In B-League (come and see in the cave), Burgess would have been sent for sure. We take elbowing very seriously in B-League. Its just not a good look.

Iafeta

Referee

There's definitely favouritism verging on outrageous incompetence. Cameron Smith came in fourth man into a held tackle, Sam Lisone was on his feet, so Smith picked up his leg and drove him head first into the ground. Didn't even get a charge levelled at him. Utterly despicable act, I can't believe he still does it and gets away with it because it really wasn't that different than what happened to
Alex McKinnon in terms of dirtiness.

txta2

Bench
Burgess would of been sent if he knocked the other guy out and would of spent a lot longer out of the game.
It just sucks that the Knights don't get any benefit from what happened and it all comes down to the refs not having any balls as sending someone will change the game.

Knight76

Juniors
Practically everybody in the league world stated GB should have been sent. Unfortunately the NRL appears to disagree as their pitiful 2 week suspension indicates that he shouldn't have been sent off!

Iafeta

Referee
Sin bins and or penalty tries are dead. Manly v Bulldogs reserve grade game, Manly winger chip kicks inside, Manly bloke is about to catch the bsll and score, Bulldog backrower elbows him in the head from behind, the only action taken is a penalty. Probably the worst piece of refereeing I've ever seen frankly.

Knight76

Juniors
They keep falling back on the old "Penalty try can only be given if the ref is sure the player was going to score"!

Often it is clear the player would get there and score, if not fouled.

Plenty of rules are dead in RL these days. Offside being one on it's last legs, except when the ref needs to even up the count.

davi

Juniors
Gus Gould was asked this week about the Sia Soliola's high shot on Billy Slater and why players don't get sent off anymore. He stated 20 years ago when a player was sent off the team would make do with what they had and could still be in the contest. But in the modern game now if a player gets sent off you can virtually write off the game for the team who is a man down.

So there you have it.

Scott

Bench
Gus Gould was asked this week about the Sia Soliola's high shot on Billy Slater and why players don't get sent off anymore. He stated 20 years ago when a player was sent off the team would make do with what they had and could still be in the contest. But in the modern game now if a player gets sent off you can virtually write off the game for the team who is a man down.

So there you have it.

I can't cop that. Absolute rubbish.

Manly scored 22 unanswered points last week with a man in the bin.

Latest posts