What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's going on at Penrith?

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
he seems to be following the scripted path:

young talent told he is the next big thing
believes his own hype, doesn't need no coach
coach tries to coach
young star sulks and threatens to quit
coach is gone in the morning

His problems don't end with the coach.

thorson1987

Coach
Like f**k.

He's our best player. I dont hate any of the players I liked because they left... and enjoy them succeeding except when they play us.

Ideally he would goto the Storm. Bellamy will turn him into the best 6 in the game and he will lead NSW to victory.

I dont see teams like Knights. Tigers or Dragons etc. Being good career moves for him. He will be good anywhere. But to reach his potential he needs to go to a team like Broncos. Roosters or Storm.

No thanks. He is already doing that with Munster.

darkbloom

Juniors
Back to back finals for the first time since 2003-04 and I don't have to boycott next year's games since they made the 8.... We did what Canberra couldn't do....
Why would you boycott your club for not making the 8, isn't that when supporters are most needed?

Don't think this years performance lives up to expectations - it was a good come back after the early season debacle but overall it would have to be considered pretty close to a fail.

In saying that we only need a run of 3 wins to be in the GF

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
You have no idea.

He is offside with about half the playing group. I have been aware of this since the early part of the season but you keep pretending to know what is happening. I have also heard Nathan Cleary has developed an ego the size of the Titanic and struts around Penrith like he owns the joint. It certainly isn't affecting his onfield performances though and I am certainly not hearing that Cleary has any issues with Griffin or other players.

OldPanther

Coach
He is offside with about half the playing group. I have been aware of this since the early part of the season but you keep pretending to know what is happening. I have also heard Nathan Cleary has developed an ego the size of the Titanic and struts around Penrith like he owns the joint. It certainly isn't affecting his onfield performances though and I am certainly not hearing that Cleary has any issues with Griffin or other players.

I didn't mean to sound rude. My point was I doubt anyone of us knows anything behind the scenes.

Tronald Crump

Juniors

WRONG cocko
Anyone that knows Nathan knows he is still a humble kid. He is too afraid to fart loudly in the company of his teammates let alone strut around like he owns the joint.

justdave

Juniors
So under Gus
Jennings --> Moved on --> Wins premiership
Lewis --> Moved on --> Wins premiership
Penrith --> Scraping into finals, won nothing.
Moylan???
Sounds like a younger version of JH without the lifelong dream/s

King hit

Coach
I can't understand why Moylan would be on the outer. He along with Edwards sparked the Panthers and carried them from the cellar to the finals. He had some very good games at five eighth.

davi

Juniors
The first priority is Matt Moylan wellbeing, but Panthers are definitely better with him. Panthers can beat the Broncos if they get into the grind, but if the Broncos start racking up points against the Panthers I'm not sure they can match it with them without Moylan.

MOYLAN’S CRUCIAL MEETING

Fairfax Media reports a counselling session later this week will determine whether or not Penrith star Matt Moylan will be cleared to play in his side’s sudden death semi-final against Brisbane.

Moylan has been given time off away from the game to focus on his mental health and it’s possible he won’t play another match until next season.

The Panthers have been adamant they won’t rush Moylan back despite the enormity of the game.

Young fullback Dylan Edwards made a successful return from a knee injury against Manly, while Tyrone May and Nathan Cleary have both been combining well in the halves.

Meanwhile, former Panthers player Brad Fittler said he’d like to see Moylan feature this weekend.

“I spoke to Matty at the game and he looked like he was in a really good mood,” Fittler told Channel Seven.

“Everything that was written about him pointed differently.

“He’s with the team and training with the team, but given Dylan Edwards did such a fantastic job with that knee he came back from and then Tyrone May and Nathan Cleary’s combination is awesome.

“But I’d have to put him in the team somewhere.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...h/news-story/eaee67d428fc6da95ec1247666af63df

insert.pause

First Grade
not in the squad means they will need an exemption from the NRL for him to be allowed to play, which would be unlikely.

OldPanther

Coach
not in the squad means they will need an exemption from the NRL for him to be allowed to play, which would be unlikely.

Yeah it's unlikely but with mental health issues a possibility it could happen. Player welfare is the big thing at the moment.