What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats gone wrong with BMOZ ???????

The calm one

Juniors
Watching the former Dragon for the grubs on Thursday he didnt appear a happy camper and made several uncharacteristic mistakes.....Why ???
Perhaps Daley might have told him he is struggling to hold his spot in the Origin Blues side or word seeping out of the kennel that twin brother JOSH is on the nose and is being shopped around with several other former stars including Graham , Eastwood and Kasiano...Interesting times ahead at Belmore ......
Who cares

The calm one

Juniors
Watching the former Dragon for the grubs on Thursday he didnt appear a happy camper and made several uncharacteristic mistakes.....Why ???
Perhaps Daley might have told him he is struggling to hold his spot in the Origin Blues side or word seeping out of the kennel that twin brother JOSH is on the nose and is being shopped around with several other former stars including Graham , Eastwood and Kasiano...Interesting times ahead at Belmore ......
Who cares

Gareth67

First Grade
If we took them back , it would be a perfect example of - rubbing salt into the wounds .
They both left our proud club to chase a better pay check , taking with them their skills that we had come to rely upon .

If not for the fact that we had Jason Nightingale , we would had been up shat creek . No , the club has very promising youngsters that will do the job nicely , thank you very much. They can both go and puss in the wind as far as I am concerned . Either that , or give poacher Cleary a phone call , he will probably find a spot for the pair of them .

Minh

First Grade
Simply too expensive for a winger....both getting on a bit now especially Josh who looks like he's slowing down.....

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
If we took them back , it would be a perfect example of - rubbing salt into the wounds .
They both left our proud club to chase a better pay check , taking with them their skills that we had come to rely upon .

If not for the fact that we had Jason Nightingale , we would had been up shat creek . No , the club has very promising youngsters that will do the job nicely , thank you very much. They can both go and puss in the wind as far as I am concerned . Either that , or give poacher Cleary a phone call , he will probably find a spot for the pair of them .

100% bang on.

Belta

Juniors
Both top quality players, and would be okay ONLY if we lose Milne, Mann, and Lafai and Duges. I'm sure we'll retain most, and I do prefer to see loyalty rewarded but in the current climate of player movements loyalty is becoming more and more a thing of the past and at the right price either could only strengthen our roster...also from past experience Mary places a big influence on experience..I personally don't care either way,

Smack

Coach
Honestly I'd rather we worth with Nene, I think he has potential to be a good winger he just needs to read the game a bit better and also we need to make sure we number up at the very least on our line. Not shifting across, the end result is an overlap and he has no choice but to come up from the line. While he might not be a top winger, he has size and strength that he can use as an advantage in both attack and defence.

getsmarty

Immortal
No doubt if Brett would have stayed he would probably still be playing in the Red V. Difference between us and the Dogs is we do generally look after our players...Creagh/Nighty/Timmons/Cooper etc > Reynolds/Rona..Watch this space.I bet they lose a few more players.

Brett chased a few extra dollars and looks like being surplus to requirements...the grass is not always greener on the other side of the pasture..just ask Mitch Rein.

FlameThrower

Bench
Josh played more games for Dogs already. Brett had half a good season at the Dogs and rest of the time has been out injured. Too late, too much time has passed now and in hindsight we were better off letting them go. Let's focus on our best juniors or a young gun like a Gagai.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

This is untrue for a number of reasons:

1. Josh Morris was told by the club BEFORE Wayne Bennett arrived that his services weren't required.

2. Brett Morris left not simply to play with his brother as reported, but because the club (i.e. Doust) reneged on providing him with an increased contract AFTER he had previously accepted a number of pay cuts. I also believe Brett doesn't have a good rapport with McGregor, and that if (ironically) Price had been retained, he might have stayed.

3, I completely disagree with your assertion that Nightingale's presence has prevented the team from being "shat" creek simply because the side hasn't had anyone with (in particular) Brett Morris's awesome try scoring ability since the end of 2014. As the Dragons have been renowned for its impotency in attack for most of this period, his absence is still greatly missed even today.

WA 'S OWN RED V

Juniors

1. Josh Morris was told by the club BEFORE Wayne Bennett arrived that his services weren't required.

2. Brett Morris left not simply to play with his brother as reported, but because the club (i.e. Doust) reneged on providing him with an increased contract AFTER he had previously accepted a number of pay cuts. I also believe Brett doesn't have a good rapport with McGregor, and that if (ironically) Price had been retained, he might have stayed.

3, I completely disagree with your assertion that Nightingale's presence has prevented the team from being "shat" creek simply because the side hasn't had anyone with (in particular) Brett Morris's awesome try scoring ability since the end of 2014. As the Dragons have been renowned for its impotency in attack for most of this period, his absence is still greatly missed even today.

Yes to both for year at mates rates. Our juniors always our boys. Buys us time for our juniors to come on.
nighty for a year at FB 200k will do rather Dugans 1m . Nothing against Duges he is a warrior we can't afford him.
It's a business we have talent in the pipe line let's back it

Gareth67

First Grade

I must confess my ignorance to the first 2 points that you mentioned , it certainly puts a different complexion on things . However as far as point 3 , I am still under the opinion that Nightingale has proved to be a rock that the Dragons could not had done without , after Brett Morris had left us for whatever the reason may had been .

IMO , we would be far better served by looking towards the future by using our juniors , promote them to the top grade , let's not go backwards , but forward .

So many other teams are doing just that now , and they are reaping the dividends by using these young ever so quick players , it would be tremendous if the Dragons could do likewise .

Last edited: