What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Gareth widdop returns

ALSGI

Bench
Actually I want McCrone to stay 7.

Hear me out.

I don't wanna risk having Widdop starts a new pairing halfway through the season after an injury. We have already seen they pair quite well and Widdop himself is comfortable with this pair.
Brutal
That's exactly what McAnchor will do.
I'd be going with Mann or Field, maybe a half each rotating from the bench as utilities, no huge difference in the 6 or 7 roles these days.
McCrone is a back up only imo and shouldn't stand in the way of Mann or Field when Widdop's back.

SBD82

Coach
An early swap for bird/hunt/Dugan would be the best case scenario for us.

To go with our forward pack, which is currently the best in the comp, it would give us this backline:

1. Mann
2. Nighty
3. Lafai
4. Milne
5. Macdonald.
6. Widdop
7. Hunt.

There is an awful lot of points in that backline.

BrissyRedV

Bench

To go with our forward pack, which is currently the best in the comp, it would give us this backline:

1. Mann
2. Nighty
3. Lafai
4. Milne
5. Macdonald.
6. Widdop
7. Hunt.

There is no way Wayne would let Hunt go early to us. Having Hunt on board improves our side out of sight even without Dugan and we become even more of a threat to the Broncos chances. Arguably, out of a three way trade, we would get the best deal. It would be nice, but we just have to wait.

SBD82

Coach
There is no way Wayne would let Hunt go early to us. Having Hunt on board improves our side out of sight even without Dugan and we become even more of a threat to the Broncos chances. Arguably, out of a three way trade, we would get the best deal. It would be nice, but we just have to wait.
Ha. In all likelihood you are 100% correct.

But a man can dream :)

possm

Coach

1. Mann
2. Nighty
3. Lafai
4. Milne
5. Macdonald.
6. Widdop
7. Hunt.

Mann at fullback would mean someone at the Cub, maybe the football committee would have to overrule Millward and his wish for Field to be given first crack at fullback. For the record, if we are not going for an international like for like or better fullback to replace Dugan, then Mann should be our first option for testing as his contract is up at the end of 2017. Dufty and Field have already been signed for 2018.