What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will storm finish

sixtynine

Juniors
Next year where do you guys rekon you will finish i rekon you have lost two many players Orfard bell and robbie so I am predicting 9th but what do you guys rekon amongst your selves

shadow grinder

First Grade
top 8 for sure. orford isnt to much or a loss. bell is easily repalced....kearns is a big loss but im confident the forwards will step up.

i reckon 5th or 6th.

ortz18

Juniors
really depends on our halves, i tend to think anywhere between 7 -9. We are no threat to the title unfortunately :(

_dan13_

Juniors
Daza_06 said:
wil be on the brink of the top 8. 8th or ninth im guessin

i agree with you, kearns will be a big blow but ithink you should be pushing for the top 8.

9th or 10th

sheet_ed

Juniors
bell is easily repalced

Cough! Cough! Cough! - Sorry I have too much respect fo Belly to let that one slide.
Although I think Bell's best days are behind him he has been the most consistent back for the Strorm.

Inglis is a freak and will fill the gap and will outpace Bell by the end of 2006. But in the beginning watch Bell shine (and good luck to him).

Orford was always a 50/50 player 50% of the time he could win a game for you the other 50% of the time he was MIA.

I realistically thing we are a 6 to 8th position depending on how Cronk goes.

Poor bastard - imagine if the Storm win they will say it's our forwards and backline, if they lose people will say Cronk has to go. You can smell the comments already.

I am seriously willing to let him be our 1/2 until round 12, win ,lose or lose badly. The guy needs to show what he can do. He has proven he is no idiot he just needs to show he can take command.

shadow grinder

First Grade
sheet_ed said:
Cough! Cough! Cough! - Sorry I have too much respect fo Belly to let that one slide.
Although I think Bell's best days are behind him he has been the most consistent back for the Strorm.

Inglis is a freak and will fill the gap and will outpace Bell by the end of 2006. But in the beginning watch Bell shine (and good luck to him).

Orford was always a 50/50 player 50% of the time he could win a game for you the other 50% of the time he was MIA.

I realistically thing we are a 6 to 8th position depending on how Cronk goes.

Poor bastard - imagine if the Storm win they will say it's our forwards and backline, if they lose people will say Cronk has to go. You can smell the comments already.

I am seriously willing to let him be our 1/2 until round 12, win ,lose or lose badly. The guy needs to show what he can do. He has proven he is no idiot he just needs to show he can take command.

bell is a great player...always been a big fan but i think inglis will do just as good if not better.

and i agree about cronk being blamed if we lose, some supporters arent even throwing their support behind him yet.....they are just waiting for him to stuff up so they can whinge.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
theyve lost most of there good players
there best player is cameron smith
if hes not captain then its a cop out
theyll probably give it to that overated cat slater

melbourne will struggle without these guys, i predict terrible start, an ok finish but still 13th

MONY

Juniors
being a Luke Covell fan you have just demonstrated here that you really are a joke.

Slater (QLD)
Geyer (Ex NSW)
King (NSW & Aus)
Inglis (Junior Aus)
Webster (NZ)
Hill (Ex NSW & Aus)
Smith (QLD)
Crocker (QLD)
Kidwell (NZ)

All these Rep honours must mean something........ 13th your a f**kwit.

Add:
Inglis: Maroons U/19.
Ryan Shortland: Maroons U/19
Steve Anderson: Maroons U/19

Plenty of our juniors with the Devils were rep players this year.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
theyve lost most of there good players
there best player is cameron smith
if hes not captain then its a cop out
theyll probably give it to that overated cat slater
melbourne will struggle without these guys, i predict terrible start, an ok finish but still 13th

LOL @ BBSF.

Stick to Covell tributes :lol:
:lol: Slater a Captain :lol:

Dunno where we will finish up.
Depends on a lot of factors like injuries and wheter we are playing teams on the up or not. :D

LESStar58

Referee
My prediction is AT WORST a 9th or 10th spot finish. But i think we'll just scrape into the top 8.

kearns is THE biggest loss the Storm have had. Robbie is a great player, top bloke and fantatsic leader and will be missed. I think that the likes of Ben Cross and Mick Crocker will give a little bit of extra mongrel to the pack. I mean Crocker is a pest but hes also a rep player and I couldn't helped be impressed by Cross's one man wrecking crew job against manly! :lol:

Ingliss will work wonders as Bell's replacement provided he keeps a level head and doesn't let the hype get to him.

I am concerned about Cronk at halfback but only because I don't think we've seen him play a full game that often. Hill and Cronk are going to have to work extra hard on that combination of their and improve their kicking game....

LESStar58

Referee
I havent seen much of his kicking game to be honest! The last 2 seasons he's been on the fields its usually in a utility role with Orford and Hill and Smith all on the field....

MONY

Juniors
haha I dont think Manly will finish first and i dont think the storm will finish second.