What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will storm finish

effnic

Bench
i agree i hate lebanese with a passion i have alot of Mediterranean Descendant friends there ok but by you picking me as a Mediterranean Descendant is about as bad as the team you choose to support both very very wrong choices my name is effnic cause my mate cant pronounce 'th' words like thunder is funder very funny indeed.

MONY

Juniors
Melbourne's depth is much much greater than Manly's..... if you look at the guys who will be playing for Norths then u will see....

Storm to finish last..........blah blah blah......with Manly falling into a heap of sh*t toward the end of last year, I cant see them doing much even if they make the finals.

c_eagle

Juniors
We had an awful halfback last year and still made it to 8th. I suppose that's the benchmark for the 2006 Melbourne Storm.

LESStar58

Referee
Somebody said elsewhere that our outside backs are all class but the halves and forwards need improvement. Scott Hill really needs to step up if we wanna challenge for the finals. Hopefully Hill and Cronk have got a good combination happening in the pre-season. Ben Cross is only gonna have to serve his suspension for 2 games cos the trials count. I'm really looking forward to seeing him perform!

MONY

Juniors
c_eagle said:
We had an awful halfback last year and still made it to 8th. I suppose that's the benchmark for the 2006 Melbourne Storm.

awful halfback.... without Monaghan you would have finished about 12th....

Manly went from 1st to 8th on the back of some sh*thouse performances including a 60 or so point drubbing from the sharks....

this year may be different though for u guys but Orford will go missing against the better halfbacks like he did at Melbourne where he had a better backline to work with.....

If Cronk and Hill fire then we should be pushing for a top 4 spot.

shadow grinder

First Grade
c_eagle said:

thing is cronk isnt a awful halfback, this will be his first full season at halfback. Young, inexperinced...sure..but he isnt awful. His kicking game is already very very good.

Surandy

Bench
LESStar58 said:
Just Start The Season Already!

Sounds like the best idea I've heard or read for a while. :D

I made the mistake of looking at the video highlights on nrl.com tonight and now I want more league!!!

Gotta wait til Saturday for some live stuff.

Genghis Chan

Juniors
Scott Hill and Cameron Smith will take control of the team early in the season, giving Cronk time to settle in.

I see us finishing 1st at best, 5th at worst.

Hey, so I'm biased! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surandy

Bench
Genghis Chan said:
Scott Hill and Cameron Smith will take control of the team early in the season, giving Cronk time to settle in.

I see us finishing 1st at best, 5th at worst.

Hey, so I'm biased! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Totally agree Genghis Chan.

Btw, any word on how Alex is going in France?

Genghis Chan

Juniors
There has been some word, but my best translation is blah blah blah.

I knew that I should have paid more attention when I did French. Wish he went to an English speaking team who's website I could at least half translate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Surandy

Bench
Genghis Chan said:
There has been some word, but my best translation is blah blah blah.

I knew that I should have paid more attention when I did French. Wish he went to an English speaking team who's website I could at least half translate. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got a link?

riccardo

Juniors
I think 6th, may go in the first week of Finals, but will be remembered as a good year considering all the side changes.