What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which guitar should I buy?

Look first.

• Les Paul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Explorer

• KH Eclipse

• KH Sig

• Other

• Total voters
After seeing a few concerts lately I've got the itch to update my tired looking BC Rich Ironbird. It was nice for a few years, but it's time has come.

I've narrowed my choice down to a few specific designs or actual end models that I'll definetely be buying my guitar out of, I'd like to hear what people think of them and reviews/suggestions of what other guitars I could think about. If you know your way around one, I'll listen to the talking to, but if you only like the design then I'm willing to listen to what you think is cool.

The classic Les Paul: http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=734

The Explorer (this one is Dave Grohl style): http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=743

An Eclipse (Kirk Hammett style): http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=508

Kirk Hammett sig from ESP: http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=2117

Now, there's plenty of room to move on the designs of the Explorer and Les Paul, so colours and model suggestions are appreciated. I love the Explorer design, but with ESP losing the right to make them now and the putrid design of the EX series, I'm beginning to feel it'd be a waste to buy one. Are Gibson's any good? Has anyone seen an ESP diamond plate around the traps? Hell, are there any James Hetfield designs around the place?

Post pics of your own guitars too if you have one. I'm all for some guitar perving.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'm a fan of the BC Rich Bitch myself, especially the model that John Christ used when he was in Danzig.

I do like and respect the PRS, but it's just not my style. I will keep it in mind while I'm shopping around though. They are a quality product.

Andy

First Grade
Well then, from the four you've suggested, I'd go the Les Paul, but make sure it's got brass pegs. The plastic/ivory ones are crap and cause the guitar to detune too quickly or they snap.

Andy

First Grade
Let me know when you're in the market for an amp, quad box or head. I know a few people in the game.

I suggest you go with Mesa Boogie or a Peavey 5150. P-P-P-Power!!

Jimbo

Immortal
One of these. Just don't forget your makeup...

zoom-apocalypsesp.jpg
[/url]

If I get a Les Paul, it wouldn't be that one. I'd probably go all black for starters.

Have you been to Muso's Corner lately? There's one of those Eclipse ESPs in there. I'm leaning towards that.

EDIT: Andy, if you can do me a deal on a mesa boogie amp then I might just have to get in touch with you. But that'll probably be a little while from now. A mate of mine would probably be interested in an MB as well.

SP

Bench
Im getting myself an Electric guitar, i'll try to find a similar pic of it on the net somewhere

I was only using Venue as a guide cause I don't know many other Australia guitar shops online. Any others I should look at?

A mate just bought an Epiphone off Venue's online store because of the free shipping and 20% off if ordered online. Can't argue with that.

Green Eye

Juniors
Venue only stock crap. If your experience is in a garage band or less then you will be happy.

If you want a guitar (or any other instrument) I suggest contacting the manufacturer and find out who the Australian supplier is. Not only will you get what you pay for but you will also get it alot cheaper.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
I've owned an Explorer since 1982. All black with gold plated hard ware. However, it is looking a little faded these days. The neck is slimmer than the Les Paul, but it also has a meaty sound. They make a great rock guitar.

I still place the Les Paul at the top of the heap for rock guitars, but the Explorer is sexier and you won't regret it.

Andy

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
If I get a Les Paul, it wouldn't be that one. I'd probably go all black for starters.

Have you been to Muso's Corner lately? There's one of those Eclipse ESPs in there. I'm leaning towards that.

EDIT: Andy, if you can do me a deal on a mesa boogie amp then I might just have to get in touch with you. But that'll probably be a little while from now. A mate of mine would probably be interested in an MB as well.

I can't do you a deal, but I know where you can get one.

There's a guitar place in Parramatta where my bro gets all of his gear. He reckons it heaps better than muso's.

Latest posts