What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which guitar should I buy?

Look first.

• Les Paul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Explorer

• KH Eclipse

• KH Sig

• Other

• Total voters
I don't know, the ESP ones weren't too bad. Gibson have left a bitter taste in my mouth after their little legal action for the design.

8)

Not that Gibson are too bad. I believe Hetfield is starting to use them.

He uses just about anything. About 10 years ago his back was starting to give out under the heavier ESP Explorer, so he designed his own lighter ones and took in a Flying V, Les Paul etc. etc.

half

Coach
i have an authentic hondo

my advice would be to look at top guitarists who have a similar style to yourself and see what they play. then go to a music shop and check 'em all out

Ron Jeremy

Coach
depends on what style you wan't??....if you wan't to play soft cock simplistic guitar like Hendrix by a Fender Strat.

If you wan't to play like real guitarists like Eddie Van halen/Satriani by an Ibenez!!

Kirk Hammett is a rip off of Eddie V so i suggest you buy an Ibenez.

Le Rouge

Juniors
=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
Matons are real nice Aussie Guitars, they gotta a nice fat sound and they look awesome.

Ibanez and Paul Reed Smiths are also good too =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

But its all upto what sort of sound you want :p

Jono Russell

Bench
depends on the style of music and sound you want to produce, if your looking for hard rocking heavy metal i would suggest the ibanez rg - 7 a great guitar and has the extra string for thats hardcore heavy sound. great guitarist such as James 'munky' shafer and brian 'head' welch from korn use then as well as wes borland the limp bizkit guitarist.

i dont mind the gibson range either not shore on its exact name the the style of guitar angus young uses just squeals like a baby sounds awsome.

my personal favourite and i am shore alot of punkers would agree, the Fender Stratocaster good old jimmy henrix style yeh baby ;-) not shore how the others go but this guitar goes awsome when connected to the stage amps and sound modifiers (ie.foot pedal,distortion ect ect)

While I'm a huge fan of the Les Paul design and history etc, etc. I don't think it's OK for me to get one. Another friend has one and I reckon it's poor form to buy the same guitar as someone you know.

Is there an etiquette for this situation?

Evilgrowler

First Grade
DCM, there is no etiquette mate.

Simply put, get what makes you feel comfortable. In weight, design and sound.

hrundi99

First Grade
If you want a guitar that looks and sounds sexy, you have to go with a Rickenbacker, but being a Metallica fan, you wouldn't understand.

hrundi99

First Grade
I wasn't knocking your taste, just merely suggesting we're on a different musical wavelength.

If I were you I'd get an SG or a flying V.

My mate just bought an Epiphone SG, and he already owns a Jackson V. The Flying V is an option becoming more and more of a reality. But it isn't the greatest guitar to just play at home on my own.

I like the Rickenbacker range too. I just don't get why I "wouldn't get it". It's a little old school of a look for me.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have something against Fender Strats or Telecasters.

If you want to buy a new axe, assuming money is not an issue. RThen again thewre is second hand units.

Pick up and play as manu as you can.

What ever feels better in your hands will suit you.

Don't worry too much about what other people use or play. Least of all what it looks like or what f**king colour it is.

You should be able to "feel" what suits you best.

You will know immedialetly when you pick it up and start playing, if it is for you.

Here endeth the lesson.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Rickenbackers look like crap IMO!!.....if i wanted to play like Lennon or Mc Cartney i'd buy one!!.

IMO Fenders are overated with the Ibenez the most complete guitar there is.

I like Gibson's aswell....however i was playing one once and for a fast pick tapping sequence it didn't provide much.

The guitar does have to appeal if you wan't t o buy.

hrundi99

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
My mate just bought an Epiphone SG, and he already owns a Jackson V. The Flying V is an option becoming more and more of a reality. But it isn't the greatest guitar to just play at home on my own.

I like the Rickenbacker range too. I just don't get why I "wouldn't get it". It's a little old school of a look for me.

That's exactly my point.

Latest posts