What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are Storm Fans going to get behind in the finals?

Who are Storm fans going to back in the finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Born in St. George Hospital 1970. Early days of school at Carlton South Primary (across the road from Jubilee), lived behind the Leagues Club, every 2nd Sunday at Jubilee or SCG, had to walk past Ted Goodwin's house to get to school, left rat-race in December 1979. Dad's best mate at school was Reg Gasnier, they are still mates.

Next question.

Big Norm (near Swan Hill)

And all that third & fourth-hand proximity means something...?

little_aza

Juniors
Born in St. George Hospital 1970. Early days of school at Carlton South Primary (across the road from Jubilee), lived behind the Leagues Club, every 2nd Sunday at Jubilee or SCG, had to walk past Ted Goodwin's house to get to school, left rat-race in December 1979. Dad's best mate at school was Reg Gasnier, they are still mates.

Next question.

Big Norm (near Swan Hill)

That's quite remarkable - it'd be quite an honour growing up with some of the finest players ever as family friends, even though it's St George lol. It certainly sounds like from birth there was no choice other than the Dragqueens :lol:
I know these areas well...Dad grew up in Carringbah, and worked in his younger years in Rockdale and Bexley.

So why Swan Hill now? What brings you from the suburbs in Sydney to the Mallee?
I live in Bendigo, btw.

Sorry to anyone else if this is irrelevant...just figured it was more interesting than the typical "Melbourne sucks" troll rhetoric, and subsequent rebuttal.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
And in walks stupid.
I get why you're a Dragon supporter.

My point has gone over your head obviously. Let me explain...
"if they fell in a black hole who would care..", "this is too easy, dumping sh*t on you muppets" etc, etc, etc.
You think you are the only one that has a history with your club, with the players, current or past? You think you are the only one with loyalty? You think your history with your club gives you the right to "dump sh*t" on others?
My point was your history means sfa except to yourself (as close & as cool as it sounds, by the way) if you haven't got the generosity of spirit to realise others feel how you do BUT about THEIR club.
You are obviously passionate about your club - share some constructive dialogue

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Get off the merry-go-round surfer, you're going no where babbling jibber. Where does it say that I don't have the right to dump sh*t on other fans and clubs, whilst blowing the trumpet for my club. That's football tribalism, it has been going on since 1908.

My stomach turns at the thought of Canterbury, the Chooks, Manly and Brisbane as well, for a variety of reasons. Melbourne is just the icing at the moment. Fake club, cheats, grubs, whingers, grapplers yarda yarda yarda.

Back in the day they changed the rules to bring St. George back to the field, while your stinking lot made up their own rules.

You'll forever support, and I use the word support loosely, a club that is tainted for life and has cheated for the most part of their existance. Not to mention being spoonfeed by the NRL, News Limited and any other clown who wanted a part of your stench.

Enjoy watching your pub team go around for a few seasons, you deserve it.

Big Norm

BigNormProvan

Juniors
That's quite remarkable - it'd be quite an honour growing up with some of the finest players ever as family friends, even though it's St George lol. It certainly sounds like from birth there was no choice other than the Dragqueens :lol:
I know these areas well...Dad grew up in Carringbah, and worked in his younger years in Rockdale and Bexley.

So why Swan Hill now? What brings you from the suburbs in Sydney to the Mallee?
I live in Bendigo, btw.

Sorry to anyone else if this is irrelevant...just figured it was more interesting than the typical "Melbourne sucks" troll rhetoric, and subsequent rebuttal.

I consider Albury my hometown, mate. That's where we moved to from Sydney. My lass and I came up here about 6 years ago as she took up a position with the DPI. We live between Swan Hill and Tooleybuc and love it.

Maybe you should start a Bendigo Storm Supporters Group, from little things, big things grow, as they say.

Good old Bexley, hey!!. My old man played cricket for them after a reasonable career in the St. George 1st XI:cool:

Anyway, how good has this winter rain been!!!

Big Norm

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Albury is a sh*thole, second only to Kogarah.

I used to go there twice every year.

Once to beat three shades of sh*t out of the hopeless footy team and then again in Summer to annihilate them in rep cricket.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Good on ya Unit, well done *sarcastic clap*.

Why was it a sh*thole? I love the place. Big enough, yet not a rat-race like Sydney or Melbourne. Quite central to 3 cities and you only have to drive 5mins and you're in the bush. Each to his own, I like the open spaces you like people on people, driving for an hour to get to another suburb, violent crime, house and land prices that grip your balls.

Big Norm - Sitting in his 3 BR brick house, 35 acres, 85 megs of water, $310,000 in May '04. That'll do me. Oh and cable to watch St. George.

little_aza

Juniors
I consider Albury my hometown, mate. That's where we moved to from Sydney. My lass and I came up here about 6 years ago as she took up a position with the DPI. We live between Swan Hill and Tooleybuc and love it.

Maybe you should start a Bendigo Storm Supporters Group, from little things, big things grow, as they say.

Good old Bexley, hey!!. My old man played cricket for them after a reasonable career in the St. George 1st XI:cool:

Anyway, how good has this winter rain been!!!

Big Norm

Sounds like you've travelled around a bit! I guess in my short time I have too: I was born in the Blue Mountains and lived there until I was 9, and then the family moved to Toowoomba in Queensland. And then about 5 years ago, we moved down here.

It's hard being a league supporter in this place, as you'd know. I managed to get some of my friends slightly interested, and then got them to a few games. But once all that with the cap happened, most lost interest. I guess only us real supporters have still kept going to games, and have still maintained an active interest. And at the end of the day, most people here, as you'd know, are first and foremost AFL fans. If we continue to miss out on FTA and don't get more in the public eye (for the right reasons) this won't change too quickly.

The rain had been very welcome! We've had over 80mm in the last 48hrs, and on top of the last couple of months it's been pretty fantastic. Apparently it's been one of the best winters in 18 years or something - here's hoping the bushfire season won't be too bad this year. You guys would get doing well out of the rain too, a healthy river would contribute a lot to the local economy, wouldn't it? One of my best mates used to have a 3000 acre property up near Swan Hill - a place called Beauchamp, this side of Lake Boga(n). He has a speedboat, so I can't wait til summer when him, myself and a few mates head up to Kangaroo Lake or Torrumbarry to do a bit of waterskiing!

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Yeah I know what you mean about being a league supporter up in Victoria, it aint great. If they want to grow the game, as they say, Channel 9 has to come to the party and put footy on before midnight. Or the NRL will continue to be the little inbred brother of AFL in this state.

Yep, as you said, the salary cap business has demolished the club and the interest of many 'new fans'. I have a mate up here who follows the Storm. Last season he was right up with all that was going on in Purple and the NRL, now he wouldn't have a clue what's going on, he has fallen off the bandwagon and may never return. And this has nothing to do with the amount of sh!t I've thrown at him for the last couple of years!!

If someone at St. George ever did anything like what that proper arsewipe, full of his own self importance, small length of sh!t, criminal that is Brian Waldon, and a few of his pissweak cronies, did. I'd want them in jail, and I'd expect every other football fan to shove it right up our club.

What sh!ts me the most is that Melbourne haven't made a single appology, they've just played the 'we've been hard done by' card. Perfect example was the new boss coming in and saying 'we want a fair go, we want to play for points'. Sorry mate, you forfeited the right by cheating for the last decade. Do your time, make an appology and get on with it....and you never know, you might just get a bit of respect and sympathy from the rest of us livid fans.

Melbourne could have easily been my '2nd team', but after seeing that fat oaf Lazarus doing 'cartwheels' in '99 after playing the worst game of his career, then all the grappling garbage, then the Cap business, the spoon feeding by all and sundry, then the 'we've been hard done by' crap, it aint hard to see why myself and so many others hate everything about the franchise.

At the end of the day I come in here to troll and vent, aza. And I love doing it. But also, at the end of the day the posters in here who I bait are probably decent people who'd, if we got together, without knowing who was who, we'd all probably get on bloody well and enjoy a few frothys. A few pr!cks have ruined it, scammed a few premierships, ripped off other clubs and tainted Melbourne forever. As a bitter and twisted Saints fan, who has seen some horrific train crashed whilst watching my club over the last few decades (and also some stupifying highs), it galls me to the pit when a francise comes in and steals something a sacred as a Premiership.

Anyway mate, when we play in Melbourne next season I should swerve a little detour thru Bendigo and pick you up. I'll then let you drive the rest of the way, whilst I sit in the back sinking p!ss and chewing ya ear.

And yeah, the rain has been magic!!

Big Norm

BigNormProvan

Juniors
just cancelled Foxtel - Rugby League doesn't exist in Melb without Foxtel.

Yep, pretty much on the money there, Sally. Mind you the Melbourne Based Dragon Supporters put on a good night every week down there:cool:. Those guys have done a terrific job. Getting telecasts beamed in from Alice Springs or Darwin TV sometimes!!

Big Norm