What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are Storm Fans going to get behind in the finals?

Who are Storm fans going to back in the finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Karlos

Juniors
With no possibility of the Melbourne Storm being in the finals this year who are you going to get behind to win the premiership?

St George Illawarra - I was born in Wollongong and still have family there so the Dragons should be my immediate 2nd team however the long running rivalry between the Storm and the Saints prevents me from backing them. Also the Saints supporters appear to be the most vocal in denigrating the Storm and their fans so personally I hope they choke again this year and the year after that and the year after that.......etc.

Penrith - Wouldn't be displeased if the Panthers got up this year, enjoy watching them play and dont have anything against them personally.

Souths - Lived in Kensington for a couple of years so kind of felt an affiliation there for a bit. Have a strong line-up this year and need to capitalise on this. Would love to see them go all the way.

Manly - Ahhh no.

West Tigers - Apathetic towards this team, by no means do I hate them but dont really enjoy seeing them do well either.

Gold Coast - When they are on they are a good team to watch (they gotta be over the cap!). Biggest problem I have with them? They're from QLD!!

Brisbane - Not a chance, never have, never will.

Parramatta - I used to follow the Eels when I was a kid, used to love watching Sterlo in particular in the eighties. Still had a soft spot for them until I joined this forum and realised what a bunch of wankers (in general) their fans are.

SC Roosters - Enjoyed watching Fittler in his hey day but thats where the love stops. Another team that had to be over the cap at some stage over the last 5 years (yes, yes people in glass houses....)

Canberra - I think for League in general it would be great to see Canberra back as a force in the competition. Then again after seeing the fans carry on at the last game we played there hopefully it is a long, long time before they taste premiership glory.

Warriors - Unlikely to make the finals this year but if they do I wont be displeased to see them go all the way.

Newcastle - Cant see them making the finals and frankly, hope they don't.

Cronulla - Have family in Cronulla and the Sharkies are definately my 2nd team. Hoping that this is the start of a good run in to the finals.

Canterbury - No, cant do it, sorry, have my reasons but would stir up way to much sh*t to write them on this forum. Barely a chance of making the finals anyway.

North QLD - Cowboys? They're from QLD too aren't they?

Conclusion: GO THE SHARKIES....and if they dont make it..........GO THE BUNNIES!!

StormChaser

First Grade
A good friend of mine would be rapt if Soufs got up so I'll go with them. I'd sooner take a rusty razor to my happy place than Support St Merge.

MsStorm

Bench
I voted for Canberra because they are my 2nd team, even though some of their fans carried on like bogans a few weeks ago.

Warriors, Cowboys, Titans, even Souths and Tigers would get a tick from me.

I'm going for the Tits. They represent everything that Sydney clubs are not.

2nd. The sharks - out of pity.

Last edited:

Molly

Juniors
Being a disappointing year as it is, I don't want to hop on a side in the finals that will let me down, so that counts St George Illawarra out and Parramatatta out.

Frankly, I dont really care.....how bout Penrith, they will do.

camsmith

Juniors
Always had a soft spot for the Broncos (except in '06!) so I'll probably go for them.

Although would be fine with any non-NSW teams (except Souths) winning it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a novel idea, why not turn up and support the NSW Cup side. Those young guys started out win 1 win and 6 losses.

Now they're in the top 6 and in the last month they have knocked off the top 2 sides of the comp (Wests and Balmain)

More reason to watch them is because a lot of their players will end playing for the Storm in the NRL within the next year or two at worst.

Furthermore, It's free to go to their games, all of which are played at Olympic Park on a Saturday arvo

I need to get to a NSW comp game...will go to the next home one.

What sort of crowds are they getting to these games ??

Hoggy

Bench
I'm going to Penrith vs Manly, so that should see me get a Penrith soft spot for the remainder of the year.

little_aza

Juniors
Dragons are polling the highest! I guess there's love there between our two teams :p :lol:

Lol @ the Dragons fans voting for us haha :crazy:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of us do.

A good win this afternoon against the Balmain Tigers at OP 30-24.
I'm the bloke who wanders up and down the sideline with the notebook (on the other side of the field to where the reserves sit)

I have full respect to the Storm fans who do go to the NSW Cup games. These people are imo, the best supporters.

The crowds are generally around the 50-75 mark, which in NSW Cup standards, is slightly above average.

Entry is free, and the footy the Storm boys play is very open and fast, it's caught a lot of the top teams unaware.