What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who are the players you want us to sign?

I have been thinking and i think a quality centre is needed. With chambers off to the reds, Isa playing terrible, Tomane having up and down weeks, i think we need to import some blood! I think a morris brother could fill the void, and with turner possibly leaving, he would leave a bit wouldent he? even if we sign juniors we should have enough for an underated outside back, thats just how we work!

i think that a junior in the U20 would work wonders, what do you think?

Billythekid

First Grade
I have been thinking and i think a quality centre is needed. With chambers off to the reds, Isa playing terrible, Tomane having up and down weeks, i think we need to import some blood! I think a morris brother could fill the void, and with turner possibly leaving, he would leave a bit wouldent he? even if we sign juniors we should have enough for an underated outside back, thats just how we work!

I think we may need to sign players but i hope you don't mean we should get rid of Tomane. He is a little underdone right now but he looks like a star of the future and i look forward to what he can achieve under Bellamy.

Hes only real weakness is his reading in defense and quite frankly that is probably Bellamy's strongest point, he makes great defenders out of wings and centres.

AILD

Bench
would have been awesome to get lawrence from tigs...but think he re-signed earlier in the year.

we need someone fast, black and tall.

I think we may need to sign players but i hope you don't mean we should get rid of Tomane. He is a little underdone right now but he looks like a star of the future and i look forward to what he can achieve under Bellamy.

Hes only real weakness is his reading in defense and quite frankly that is probably Bellamy's strongest point, he makes great defenders out of wings and centres.

not at all let him go, i meant a year working on some things in lower grades, may u20 if he can. we will see. and yes bellyache can acheive this with kids but he also has to focus on a few other players right now i would say who lack in defence but are awesome in attack.

so who do you think we should sign though?

Noa

First Grade
Tom learoyd-lars would be a nice addition.
Tim Moltzen would be the perfect fit at 5/8.

We definitely need an experienced centre...Matt King or even someone like Ben Pomeroy under Bellamy would do well.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Heres some off contract centres/wingers if anyone is interested:

Daryl Millard - strong defensively and has been solid this year.
Joel Reddy - tall and fast, could be Folau's replacement for those cross field kicks
Maurice Blair - average player but would be cheap and has alright utility value
Geoff Daniela - fast
Beau Champion - big and strong, good prospect
Brett Morris - young and fast and might be a bit hard to get though
Mitch Aubusson - average centre + can play back row

AILD

Bench
Morris would be great to have...but might be too much for us. Reddy and Millard would be good for us too.

StinkyPete

Juniors
Heres some off contract centres/wingers if anyone is interested:

Daryl Millard - strong defensively and has been solid this year.
Joel Reddy - tall and fast, could be Folau's replacement for those cross field kicks
Maurice Blair - average player but would be cheap and has alright utility value
Geoff Daniela - fast
Beau Champion - big and strong, good prospect
Brett Morris - young and fast and might be a bit hard to get though
Mitch Aubusson - average centre + can play back row
where do you find info on when players contracts end?

stormtragic

Juniors
we dont need to sign any backs imo
sam joe still just 20, isa is injured at moment, i really like tomane

little_aza

Juniors
we dont need to sign any backs imo
sam joe still just 20, isa is injured at moment, i really like tomane

totally agree. if anything, we've got too many expensive backs (i'm guessing quinn and turner would be on heaps??).

isn't it blaringly obvious we kinda need a 5-8 next year...? lol

watatank

Coach

I don't get the last line. If Isa and Tomane aren't good enough what makes you think any of the other NYC players will be?

stormtragic

Juniors
totally agree. if anything, we've got too many expensive backs (i'm guessing quinn and turner would be on heaps??).

isn't it blaringly obvious we kinda need a 5-8 next year...? lol

yeh i doubt we can keep Finch, what about Luke Kelly? havent seen been able to see any under 20's anyone know how he is travelling?

Turner is interesting, probably not true but can see him perhaps getting offloaded