What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do you want to play against in Round 1?

Coastbloke

Bench
Knights v Dragons at Newcastle would be most appropriate.

Yep...

Some Rnd 1 matches should speak or themselves..

For maximum Rnd 1 crowds, the NRL would have to think about derbies as well as juicy match ups..

1. Storm vs Manly @ AAMI

2. Brisbane vs Cowgirls (derby match)

3. Knights vs SGI @Ausgrid

4. Souths vs Parramatta @ ANZ (Sandow POV)

Any others possibles...??

>zuzu<

Juniors
Don't care who they give us first up, but if its a potential blockbuster (ala round 1 2011 against the Tigpies), then dont put it on a friggen monday night ffs!

Loudstrat

Coach
i'd stick with the qld derby, round 1 at suncorp is always great. Just wish it was a sat night game to so i could fly down friday nite and start at lunch the next day
Why would you play the Titans at Suncorp????

I want to pump little brother round 1. And if it's with Carney coming up with a man of the match performance to start his Souths career...well that would make it even more sweeter.

Sandow MOM performance against Souffs would start the season nicely.

Seriously, though, it's better for rivalries to be spread throughout the year, rather than on day 1. I thing there should be one game of interest as the season opener, and spread it around the clubs like it's an honour thing to host.

How about the Raiders at home to St Merge? 30 years since Canberra and Illawarra debuted. IMHO these milestones need to be celebrated more than they are.

whall15

Coach
Yep...

Some Rnd 1 matches should speak or themselves..

For maximum Rnd 1 crowds, the NRL would have to think about derbies as well as juicy match ups..

1. Storm vs Manly @ AAMI

2. Brisbane vs Cowgirls (derby match)

3. Knights vs SGI @Ausgrid

4. Souths vs Parramatta @ ANZ (Sandow POV)

Any others possibles...??

I'd go

Friday Night
Roosters vs Rabbitohs - SFS
Broncos vs Cowboys - Suncorp

Saturday Night
Titans vs Eels - Skilled Park
Bulldogs vs Sharks - ANZ
Panthers vs Raiders - Penrith

Sunday Afternoon
Warriors vs Storm - Eden Park [9]
Tigers vs Sea Eagles - ANZ

Monday Night
Knights vs Dragons - Ausgrid

thommo4pm

Coach
Whoever we play, we should be playing at home in the 1st round. Been far too long since we've played Round 1 at home.

Big Pete

Referee
He means the Broncos, but you already knew that.

Lockyer tells better jokes than Misty.

Give us the Cowboys. Always a great way to kick off the season and it's generally an exciting clash.

Although, if I was the Broncos, I'd consider moving it later. The opening game of the season will always draw regardless of who we play.

Inglis#3

Juniors
Would love to play either Manly or the Broncos at home in week one. I always love playing the Broncos and we always seem to get up for their matches, apart from the 06 Grand Final of course. We played Many week one last year too and got up over them. Keen to play at home first though.

roofromoz

First Grade
Storm in Melbourne. With Cleary at the helm, Penrith are a great chance of snapping a losing streak that stretches back to 2005.

Latest posts