What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has the best young props in the game?

ali

Bench
Leeds. Danny Ward and 19 year old Ryan Bailey. I rate Bailey as the best teenage forward running around anywhere in the world at the moment. Its a shame he's currently serving time, but he will be out on parole in time to serve it up to the Aussies in the Ashes.

JasonE

Bench
Have to agree Ali,
I rate Michael Weymann, Ashton Sims and Tom Learoyd incredibly highly but Ryan Bailey actually took on all of them and killed them, in fact he took on the whole Aussie team which also had the superb Liam Fulton and Ryan Hoffman in the pack.

yappy

Bench
Got to agree about Galloway. By far the best young prop I've seen play against the Maggies. Wanted him signed up in 2002 :cry: He will play for Australia no doubt at all. Awesome.

Sonny Bill? give yourself a triple mate. Why would you waste the best young back rower in your club by playing him at prop? For one whilst he's tall, he ain't built. Yes he sure is strong and solid, but not front row solid. And two he's got too much pace and skill to be wasted on the grunt work. His game is to run at five eights and centres and if he doesn't run through em to put his centre away. It's bloody lovely to watch (unless your supporting the other team), but it sure as hell ain't what your props are for. You should probably get out and see a few games.

Canterbury

Juniors
yappy said:
Got to agree about Galloway. By far the best young prop I've seen play against the Maggies. Wanted him signed up in 2002 :cry: He will play for Australia no doubt at all. Awesome.

Sonny Bill? give yourself a triple mate. Why would you waste the best young back rower in your club by playing him at prop? For one whilst he's tall, he ain't built. Yes he sure is strong and solid, but not front row solid. And two he's got too much pace and skill to be wasted on the grunt work. His game is to run at five eights and centres and if he doesn't run through em to put his centre away. It's bloody lovely to watch (unless your supporting the other team), but it sure as hell ain't what your props are for. You should probably get out and see a few games.

He played there once or twice in the reggies filling in.

He did a great job as well.

When he breaks into first grade for us next season i'd give him a starting lock position though.. Keeping Anasta at 5'8th.