What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Is Faster: Slater or GI

Who Is Faster Billy Slater or Greg Inglis??

• Billy Slater

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Greg Inglis

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters

Dragons1990

Juniors
A Mate and I were having an argument about it the other day so I thought i'd ask some Melbourne Supporters.

Noa

First Grade
Billy would have him over the first 20-30 by 40 GI would be level and by the end of the olympic distance GI would be at least 5m in front.

GI is the closet thing to Usain Bolt we have in this country.

Chook Norris

First Grade
i reckon its Billy over the 100
yes, cronk is fastest (At the Storm) over 40

but i'd rather have Inglis in the open space .... *drools* over fend

Shorty

Staff member
Billy has the acceleration but I've seen him get caught a lot more,his general distance speed isn't as impressive.
It's pretty much curtains when Inglis is in decent space.

nacho_MS

Juniors
i havent seen greg in any real space like billy gets in to but im leaning towards greg just for the stride length

fastest in the club for 40m is cronk

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I know in 2004 Slater was about 5th or 6th fastest in the comp over 40m according to RLW. However, Matt Geyer was apparently faster over 100m.

Personally I doubt either Inglis or Slater are in the top 5 in the comp over either distance.

Geohood

Bench
I reckon you could go through every team's rosters' fastest over 40m and most would be suprises... Pearce is the man for the Roosters... over Minichiello/Roberts etc

Shorty

Staff member
I know in 2004 Slater was about 5th or 6th fastest in the comp over 40m according to RLW. However, Matt Geyer was apparently faster over 100m.

Personally I doubt either Inglis or Slater are in the top 5 in the comp over either distance.
Slater has acceleration but he's more quick than fast if it makes sense.
Someone like Denan Kemp/Chris Lawrence is fast.

They'd be a lot of backrowers in the list for fastest too,the thing with these guys is a think people get their agility mixed up with speed.

cupid

Juniors
Slater has acceleration but he's more quick than fast if it makes sense.
Someone like Denan Kemp/Chris Lawrence is fast.

They'd be a lot of backrowers in the list for fastest too,the thing with these guys is a think people get their agility mixed up with speed.
I think the word your looking for is acceleration, Billy Slater can turn into Lighting in an instant but over a 100 meters Id say GI would have it over him.

Shorty

Staff member
Yep acceleration.
Whereas Jennings and Inglis need to warm up but once they're at full speed they're unstoppable.
Then there is Matt Bowen who can change his gears ridiculously.