What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who misses Benji?

No to Benji,we need to move forward and persist with Brooks,Moses,Cherry and Ted as our spine as they should only get better.ESL for Benji...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brooks was forced the lead the teams attack last year but play in a style that didn't suit him.

Hopefully Taylor's one dimensional boring bullshit died with last season.

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooks was forced the lead the teams attack last year but play in a style that didn't suit him.

Hopefully Taylor's one dimensional boring bullshit died with last season.

Let's hope we never see that crappy game plans from Taylor again. You can't win games regularly playing like that.

Given the style of play we saw on Saturday I'd take a guess that it is dead. Maybe Taylor wasn't actually bullshitting us last year when he said they had the earn the right to play flashy footy.

I have no problem with them throwing the ball about, as long as those 20-30 minute brain fade periods make a quick exit from our game plans, that's been going on since Sheens so if Taylor can coach that out of them he will be a miracle worker to rival that of Jesus himself.

I noticed in the Sharks trial both Brooks and Mosses were combining together on both the left and right sides,which imo is good for both of them as well as the team, hopefully it continues throughout the season.

Tigerm

First Grade
It's inconceivable we would lose both although the appalling decision making we've been subjected to @ WT it wouldn't surprise.

Moses is the real deal.The kid showed last year as the season progressed that he has class, vision & guts defensively where for one so slender he wasn't concerned about taking on forwards twice his size.

Brooks on the other hand is a concern as he stagnated last year when the expectation was he'd improve especially under a coach who was a no. 7.

The trick for Taylor is how do u optimise the value in attack of these 2 when they r both playing coz I really believe Moses is the superior @ guiding the team around.

I'm sure our new GM will have a say in all this.

I think you are being a bit hard on Brooks, I think he will show his pedigree.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Brooks and Moses are allowed to play their natural free flowing game and combining like a traditionally 6 and 7 then we will see some magic this season.

Warriors are warrirors though. Games with them become a try-a-thon. Most other teams would not gift us that much possession to throw the ball around like that. If we continue with this throughout the year we will see games where we look good for 20 minutes then get our asses handed to us.

Wizardman

First Grade
Im soooooo glad we don't have to deal with this wanker anymore. I thank him so much for 2005 but boy he was a wanker towards the end of his tenure at our club. Saints fans are beginning to see that now.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I will always love him for 2005 but some nights I wake up at 3am in a cold sweat thinking he will be back playing for us next year...

Can someone assure me this won't happen?

bjm8

Juniors
I miss Benji. I miss Benji all the time.

I miss him like I'd miss an ex who was a stunner and an absolute demon in the sack, but was absolutely bat sh!t crazy. Sure you miss it but you'd never be stupid enough to take her back.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
When we have wrapped over a million bucks a season in two 20 year olds, I think it's pretty safe to say that Benji ain't coming back.

If he could defend, he'd probably be able to work as a centre, but he's not a half anymore. He needs to be running more than playmaking these days.

Tigerted

Juniors
Benji was once great for us & instrumental in delivering us the 05 premiership.

However he is way past his use by date.

The unfathomable truth is that had moses signed with the Bondi scum it's very likely this moronic club would've signed him for next yr.Its a well known fact that WT were talking with his manager as a contingency to replace either brooks or moses had either one of them elected not to take up the option they had in there favour.

Good luck to Benji with his future endeavours as long as it doesn't involve playing for us !

A lot of time,money and development has gone into the current halves,taking Benji back, i really cant see a reason for it when the current two are our future.