What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who needs a winger?

Drag Queen

Bench
Problem is that our Right winger isn't fast enough to adjust to Aitkens mistakes in defence which makes it even worse ... One try was scored with Nighty about 5 in and Hunt on the wing ... the line was just a mess on that one.
Problem is that our Right winger isn't fast enough to adjust to Aitkens mistakes in defence which makes it even worse ... One try was scored with Nighty about 5 in and Hunt on the wing ... the line was just a mess on that one.
Give it up. Plenty of applauds here for a kid that decided to play touch footy here, yet little to someone that has come back from serious injury? How about getting behind Aitken. He's doing well considering he's still incredibly young.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Agree...But unless the coaching staff fix his weaknesses which have been there for a number of seasons ( Tends to jam in defensively and leave a hole/ Doesn't pass to winger ) opposition teams may have a field day. . Aitken has many positives but a team is only as strong as their weakest link and other coaches will suss this out.

I am of the opinion that our staff should fix this pronto before it becomes our achilles heel. Nothing against Euan, he is a talent.
Yes Aitkens game has lifted this year but as I said last night his timing and positioning particularly when they are near our try line needs a lot of work.....he appears to be super keen at the moment to do well and impress and I wouldnt like to temper his enthusiasm but smart coaches will exploit this weakness in his game....thus is not a criticism but something that needs fixing

Yes Aitkens game has lifted this year but as I said last night his timing and positioning particularly when they are near our try line needs a lot of work.....he appears to be super keen at the moment to do well and impress and I wouldnt like to temper his enthusiasm but smart coaches will exploit this weakness in his game....thus is not a criticism but something that needs fixing

Him and Nighty have largely fixed it from last year, sometimes they do get found out, but it's a crap load better than last year.
Work in progress.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Give it up. Plenty of applauds here for a kid that decided to play touch footy here, yet little to someone that has come back from serious injury? How about getting behind Aitken. He's doing well considering he's still incredibly young.

Not blaming Aitken .. he has improved out of sight .. Blaming Nightingale

Drag Queen

Bench
Blaming Nighty for what exactly? Please don't go down the road of too slow etc. I'm sticking behind this stalwart of a player. A player who still catches the high ball, a player that still inspires his team mates, and most importantly a player who has shown loyalty to our club who have suffered for 7 effing years. Rant over.

Dragsters

First Grade

That's a curious take on it.

Everyone agrees that our right side defence has improved markedly on last year.

The one obvious change is Nene is gone to the left and Gypsy has joined Aitken on the right, the defence is improved and yet you blame the Gypsy???

Smells like an agenda to me...

RufusRex

Post Whore
That's a curious take on it.

Everyone agrees that our right side defence has improved markedly on last year.

The one obvious change is Nene is gone to the left and Gypsy has joined Aitken on the right, the defence is improved and yet you blame the Gypsy???

Smells like an agenda to me...

Yep .. Nighty's inability to score that try is my agenda ...
Anyone that actually thinks Nighty deserves to be in the side now has an agenda too you know.

Ben Hunt is the big difference on the right not Nighty. You can see him talking to Aitken big time .. One try they scored Hunt was having a breather on the wing and the defence in side crumbled ...

RufusRex

Post Whore
Blaming Nighty for what exactly? Please don't go down the road of too slow etc. I'm sticking behind this stalwart of a player. A player who still catches the high ball, a player that still inspires his team mates, and most importantly a player who has shown loyalty to our club who have suffered for 7 effing years. Rant over.

A player too slow to score, a player too slow to defend, A player too weak to get the ball into the field of play gifting the sharks possession from where they scored consecutive tries ... It is ok .. he is a stalwart. Perhaps we should get Johnny Raper to don the boots again - he was a stalwart, albert too ...

Right now, we have a bloke who is the future of the club, ready to debut. There is no better time. The side is travelling well, there is an abundance of on field leadership. The team is well placed to get lomax out there.

Dragsters

First Grade
Flo's two try saving tackles last week when the game was in the balance and a third hit on Inglis 2 metres from the line which jolts the ball free, that Hunt picks up and gives to Dufty to run the length and score.

Sounds like a bloke that deserves to be in the side I reckon...

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Flo's two try saving tackles last week when the game was in the balance and a third hit on Inglis 2 metres from the line which jolts the ball free, that Hunt picks up and gives to Dufty to run the length and score.

Sounds like a bloke that deserves to be in the side I reckon...
Mary likes him that's all that matters.

Drag Queen

Bench
A player too slow to score, a player too slow to defend, A player too weak to get the ball into the field of play gifting the sharks possession from where they scored consecutive tries ... It is ok .. he is a stalwart. Perhaps we should get Johnny Raper to don the boots again - he was a stalwart, albert too ...

Right now, we have a bloke who is the future of the club, ready to debut. There is no better time. The side is travelling well, there is an abundance of on field leadership. The team is well placed to get lomax out there.
He can wait.

Dragsters

First Grade
what makes you think I don't like him ... champion bloke .. just not the best option for the dragons 1st grade right wing anymore. Why is that such a crime.

...and I reckon he is, why is that such a crime?

I like Lomax too. Great young prospect. He only just turned 18 and will get his shot...

Frank Facer

First Grade

I agree that now is the right time to blood Lomax on the wing, but if they do, Aitken won't pass him the ball either.

slippery5

Juniors
I agree that now is the right time to blood Lomax on the wing, but if they do, Aitken won't pass him the ball either.
Will NOT happen until next year when Nighty is gone, Mann will get the jump on him if required this year as McGregor will not put a rookie in, ahead of a experience player, especially a utility player that filled that position so well last year.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Dugan, Moylan, and Holmes. All successful and established fullbacks on the field playing at the same time. A lot of salary cap there! How can Cronulla have this lot in their cap?

Latest posts