What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who replaces Cappy?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Stacey Jones
Geez man you really believe Staceys the man for the job. Your pesistance is admirable. Stacey was my hero back in the day for things he done on the field that are not even on his youtube highlights but coach?...of the WARRIORS?...hes a winner that deserved a premiership so maybe if he coaches the rugby league gods might give him one that way but otherwise it'll be a surprise and a gamble if he got the job IMO.

Matua

Bench
Is Stacey any more of a gamble than Cappy? At least he's a NZer and we're not paying some Oz journeyman player and bumbling coach a salary.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Is Stacey any more of a gamble than Cappy? At least he's a NZer and we're not paying some Oz journeyman player and bumbling coach a salary.

He's probably not the right guy (Stacey) so its irrelevant whether he's better or worse than the fool at the wheel presently.

I see McFudd has again dropped below Elliott in the win percentage stakes as a Warriors coach. Good effort

JJ

Immortal
Dare I even say that Iron Lion would possibly do a better job?
Hmmmm.... nah, Lion would be down there with Kemp... his first decision would be to dump Mannering and Lillyman, for the life of me I can't see how that makes us better unless he can arrange a trade for say, Scott/Taumololo, RCG/Merrin, or Fifita/Gallen

Maybe if Iron Lion replaced the name "Mannering" with "Vatuvei" i'd understand a little. But the dork troll knows the reaction it will bring putting Mr Reliable in hates way

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I want Ivan or Toovey.

Morgan would be okay, but having listened to him I'm too worried he'll just place the previous failures on the (admittedly legit) excuses.

I don't want that. I want someone in and kicking arses. Where's Graeme Henry? How much do I need to pay for a season ticket to get him?

I want Ivan or Toovey.

Morgan would be okay, but having listened to him I'm too worried he'll just place the previous failures on the (admittedly legit) excuses.

I don't want that. I want someone in and kicking arses. Where's Graeme Henry? How much do I need to pay for a season ticket to get him?

I reckon Toovey would get ousted via player power and I rate his hard nose approach. This team will need to be cleaned right out for it to be successful with him. Ivan would be the better option even if its a transitional/caretaker role until he goes as a director, we then get a master coach when next one is available. Hello Madge

Iron Lion

Juniors
He's Tony Veitch or one of his mates. Don't listen.

Dr Crance what is your obsession with me being a celebrity, I can just imagine your warm sweaty fingers as you reply on this forum writing about me, questioning me, probing me..........

Dam straight I could coach this team to success. Yes you are correct I would break up our forward pack. Say goodbye Mannering and Lillyman, I know you guys love these to turtles but no team in the NRL can afford to carry a backrower and a prop that cant make metres through the pack. You are dooming your squad by doing so. Hoffman I think is done because we haven't got the platform for him to play his construct football. We have cap room to invest.

This is my squad and it is based on dominating the middle.

1) Johnson
2) RTS
3) Fusitua
4) Kata
5) Lolohea
6) Hingano
7) Lino or NEW SIGNING
8) Vete
9) Luke
10) Vatuvei
11) Sipley
12) Matulino (Final Warning)
13) Thompson or NEW SIGNING

14) Roach
15) Lisone + 5kg or NEW SIGNING
16) Gavet + 5kg
17) NEW SIGNING

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Madge and Ivan as director would be good. I wouldn't kick up a stink and it would be an acceptable transition.

Would Toovey be patient enough (and have the support) to run a brush right through the club's clacker? We might be Newcastle for a year or two, is that even acceptable in a wider sense?

We need a total cleanout (and I'm getting nervy on Doyle) but I don't think the club could really survive what we need.

I still would have backed Elliot staying with the team as a manager. He's got a great football brain, but it hasn't converted into coaching.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Annoyingly, I do agree with Iron Lying in getting rid of Hoffman and ultimately Mannering.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hoffman and Lillyman are here for their experience on and off the field, physically they're not at a level that warrants whatb they're likely being paid. Take them out along with TL and we have a bunch of kids running around again.

We've backed ourselves into a corner to a certain extent. Most of our players are at the back end of their career or still in the early years. We don't have too many who are in the middle about to run into what should be there peak. Matulino, SJ, Thompson, Luke, Mannering are probably the only guys who you could say are still physically near their peak while also with enough experience to lead the team.

Really, 5 players is nowhere near enough to challenge.

vvvrulz

Coach
Lion is right about one thing, there needs to be a clean out.
His ridiculous team would only above the mighty Knights though.

He's (trolling or not) cleaning out the wrong guys, the first heads to always drop the instant things go sour are the same lot. Lisone and Thompson start missing tackles, Matulino starts phoning it in, and for the first time I'm admitting that Manu is seriously looking past it.

There's your clean-out right there, and we already did it once this year and turned in one of our few spirited performances in the process.

Problem #2 is putting guys out of position, which we've talked to death. It hasn't changed, as soon as Ken is back he's on the wing again. Leuluai, try as he does, isn't a half. Lolohea isn't a fullback.

Hoffman and Mannering aren't the problem, they're frustrated hard working blokes being left high and dry every season because their mates give up. Hoffman has specifically said that in several post-match interviews.

We fix those and suddenly the switch will flick.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Regardless of what some may think, I did some work with the NRL head office this year and I had it on good authority from one of the administrators close friends with Toovey that he would jump at the chance to coach the Warriors.

Iron Lion

Juniors
Lion is right about one thing, there needs to be a clean out.
His ridiculous team would only above the mighty Knights though.

He's (trolling or not) cleaning out the wrong guys, the first heads to always drop the instant things go sour are the same lot. Lisone and Thompson start missing tackles, Matulino starts phoning it in, and for the first time I'm admitting that Manu is seriously looking past it.

Whats ridiculous about my team, its based on power and speed. Your changes wont produce new positive results, any team that has a backrow of Hoffman and Mannering is going to struggle to win against any pack up the middle. Johnson is killing the warriors playing at halfback, he simply is not up to it. HE is a fullback, anyone can see that. Warriors tried to manufacture him into a Half back with him and it has failed miserably. Time to get things right.