What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who should be in the Kangaroos Four Nations Squad

no name

Coach
Fifita was suspended for 6 weeks for the Penrith referee thing.
It was very odd that Greenberg brought it up as he has served his punishment for that.

NGR

Juniors
Yes that's exactly what I take from it. The same as you threatening to go into legal precedents lol you wanker.
'threatening' are you serious?

lets break this down keyboard samurai... you say there is no case, i highlight there is based on the FWA and ADA and obviously precedents from these Acts, you highlight you have no legal education, so i point out it would be lost on you trying to explain something that is actually rather complex...

you are the epitome of an internet hero who is probably a little bitch away from your keyboard...

Edwahu

Bench
As i noted above, the rule of law wins out over the 'rules' of a corporation.

You write it like corporations just make rules up as they go along. They write the rules to fit the legislation. It's not like Fifita would not have clauses in his contract relative to his behavior.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If the NRL are going to be bring in quality of character as part of the selection process the Kangaroo squad could look pretty thin!

In terms of workplace law and discrimination it would be an interesting test case (though I suspect their may be similar cases already tested). Rep duties are discretionary and not part of a players work contract so it would be a very hard case to win to say you weren't picked and you have the right to be picked. Sure if the governing body had overtly denied you selection on race or religion but on character and what's best for the team/brand given Fifitas self inflicted poor reputation would be a tricky one to win I suspect.

lockyno1

Post Whore
the only thing fafita is guilty of is being the target of a journos witch hunt

It's incredibly poor taste to support a convicted criminal, that's all that lowlife he's supporting is. Fafita should think before he acts.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fifita was suspended for 6 weeks for the Penrith referee thing.
It was very odd that Greenberg brought it up as he has served his punishment for that.

Lucky to only get 6 weeks for that. Should have been double. Yet Pearce gets longer for doing something silly yes but the act hurt no one.

betcats

Referee
'threatening' are you serious?

lets break this down keyboard samurai... you say there is no case, i highlight there is based on the FWA and ADA and obviously precedents from these Acts, you highlight you have no legal education, so i point out it would be lost on you trying to explain something that is actually rather complex...

you are the epitome of an internet hero who is probably a little bitch away from your keyboard...

You haven't highlighted you clown. You mentioned the Anti discrimination act and fair work act and you mentioned that you could post precedents but never have(ie threatened).

When asked why this would be such an easy case for an industrial lawyer your big answer was "the rules of law trump corporations laws" or some such horseshit. You haven't highlighted anything you f**king numpty, you have just made a claim opposite to mine and expect me to take your word for it because I mentioned im not a legal expert lol f**k off clown.

NGR

Juniors
y
You write it like corporations just make rules up as they go along. They write the rules to fit the legislation. It's not like Fifita would not have clauses in his contract relative to his behavior.
In most cases corporations do, typically they use the policies from the Fair Work Commission etc to shape their internal policies for things like this. But this is the NRL, which has shown time and time again they dont do things like most other organisations.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I fully support the Kangaroos taking in to account recent off-field behaviour and general attitude/demeanor when selecting players. Fifita might be the form prop in the World but if they have genuine concerns his presence may be disruptive to team culture they have every right not to pick him, or any other player in a similar situation.
Obviously he has a bad affect on team culture, it's not like he has just won a premiership and being one of the form players of the final series.

Also bringing up the junior ref thing doesn't quite make sense, hr recieved his punishment for that and has since been picked by the blues. If they thought that was still a big deal in selection then he would have been blacklisted from Origin.

It all comes down to the latest incident. The nrl has really f**ked the pooch on this one. They say he can't win the ccm or play for the kangaroos but he can play in the finals. If he is found guilty of misconduct then the nrl look stupid for letting him play in the finals, if he is found not guilty then they look stupid for the ccm and Kangaroos omission.

Supporting someone doesn't mean you support what they've done, if that was the case then we'd have a different test coach. If Fifita and everyone else who knew the bloke ( and yes he is an evil merkin and what he done can never be excused) deserted him and he necks himself in jail they would have to live with that for the rest of their lives. Some may say he deserves it which is fair enough, but it's a complicated situation.
Some journalist are extremely hypocritical. The only reason the police where concerned was because of a tiny possibility of links to organised crime and match fixing, yet journalists will still defend their relationships with the likes of eddie hayson. The arguement that it's putting the family of the deceased through hell by putting it back on the spotlight doesn't make sense when it's the same journalist splashing the story on the front page of newspapers

NGR

Juniors
You haven't highlighted you clown. You mentioned the Anti discrimination act and fair work act and you mentioned that you could post precedents but never have(ie threatened).

When asked why this would be such an easy case for an industrial lawyer your big answer was "the rules of law trump corporations laws" or some such horseshit. You haven't highlighted anything you f**king numpty, you have just made a claim opposite to mine and expect me to take your word for it because I mentioned im not a legal expert lol f**k off clown.
You sound like a trump supporter...

have you even read the FWA and ADA? instead of slinging insults, maybe you should read about what you are commenting on with such conviction... Just start with the Fair Work Commission website, they have some simplified brochures for lil braindead bitches like you...

jim_57

Staff member
Obviously he has a bad affect on team culture, it's not like he has just won a premiership and being one of the form players of the final series.

Also bringing up the junior ref thing doesn't quite make sense, hr recieved his punishment for that and has since been picked by the blues. If they thought that was still a big deal in selection then he would have been blacklisted from Origin.

It all comes down to the latest incident. The nrl has really f**ked the pooch on this one. They say he can't win the ccm or play for the kangaroos but he can play in the finals. If he is found guilty of misconduct then the nrl look stupid for letting him play in the finals, if he is found not guilty then they look stupid for the ccm and Kangaroos omission.

Supporting someone doesn't mean you support what they've done, if that was the case then we'd have a different test coach. If Fifita and everyone else who knew the bloke ( and yes he is an evil merkin and what he done can never be excused) deserted him and he necks himself in jail they would have to live with that for the rest of their lives. Some may say he deserves it which is fair enough, but it's a complicated situation.
Some journalist are extremely hypocritical. The only reason the police where concerned was because of a tiny possibility of links to organised crime and match fixing, yet journalists will still defend their relationships with the likes of eddie hayson. The arguement that it's putting the family of the deceased through hell by putting it back on the spotlight doesn't make sense when it's the same journalist splashing the story on the front page of newspapers

Club team culture and rep team culture are very different beasts. If the selectors have genuine concerns he or any player could be toxic to the squad culture then they have every right not to select them. Not saying it is necessarily correct but that is their call to make, not mine.

I totally agree with the stance the ARLC have taken but agree they have ballsed it up somewhat with the execution.

betcats

Referee
y

In most cases corporations do, typically they use the policies from the Fair Work Commission etc to shape their internal policies for things like this. But this is the NRL, which has shown time and time again they dont do things like most other organisations.

Another ambiguous answer, thanks for coming Edwahu but you have been schooled by the resident legal expert.

You sound like a trump supporter...

have you even read the FWA and ADA? instead of slinging insults, maybe you should read about what you are commenting on with such conviction... Just start with the Fair Work Commission website, they have some simplified brochures for lil braindead bitches like you...

I doubt you have read them that is for sure.

NGR

Juniors
Another ambiguous answer, thanks for coming Edwahu but you have been schooled by the resident legal expert.

I doubt you have read them that is for sure.
so you want me to write essays on this forum to satisfy you are wrong in your belief that the NRL has a legal right to victimize a player? LOL thats like expecting someone to write a reference for a meme o_O

I dont care that some keyboard dumbshit doesnt think i havent read the FWA or ADA etc... If anyone is actually interested in this topic and line of reasoning, at least i have provided a reference from which to start some fact checking... better than your trump style 'y'all stoopid if you dont agree with me' bs...

no name

Coach
Lucky to only get 6 weeks for that. Should have been double. Yet Pearce gets longer for doing something silly yes but the act hurt no one.
He probably should have got more, but how long can they hang that over his head?

betcats

Referee
so you want me to write essays on this forum to satisfy you are wrong in your belief that the NRL has a legal right to victimize a player? LOL thats like expecting someone to write a reference for a meme o_O

I dont care that some keyboard dumbshit doesnt think i havent read the FWA or ADA etc... If anyone is actually interested in this topic and line of reasoning, at least i have provided a reference from which to start some fact checking... better than your trump style 'y'all stoopid if you dont agree with me' bs...

Is this a joke? First of all I didn't start insulting you until you called me a dickhead and secondly I haven't even called you stupid and you are the one who is acting like I am stupid for not agreeing with you. You actually said most of what you would write would over my head and have refused to elaborate on anything you have said beyond continually mentioning the ADA and FWA so who is the one doing the trump style? Go away you muppet.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think Woods is a marsh mallow.

Bromwich, Taumalolo, JWH, Blair and Taupau will eat him alive.

Australia need more mongrel. Even McGuire would have provided more of that. Boyd will too.

I find woods over rated but to say those last 2 will eat him alive is hilarious. Taupau hasn't had a good game for 18 months and The only time Blair will get one over woods is by pulling his hair after being third man in on a tackle.

NGR

Juniors
Is this a joke? First of all I didn't start insulting you until you called me a dickhead and secondly I haven't even called you stupid and you are the one who is acting like I am stupid for not agreeing with you. You actually said most of what you would write would over my head and have refused to elaborate on anything you have said beyond continually mentioning the ADA and FWA so who is the one doing the trump style? Go away you muppet.
lol f**k off troll, if you can be fcked to scroll back, you will clearly see you didnt like that i used one line to reply to you so you said 'i dont know' what im talking about. Thus, you started the insults... All because i didnt write you an essay on the topic... LOL

call me whatever you want, say whatever you want, idgaf...

Latest posts