What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wants Dylan Walker back?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
You are so right Sara,what a moronic decision it was to get rid of Walker and keep Gray!!Also did you see how good Nathan Brown played for Parra even though they lost,he was awesome.Our retention policy is totally f##ed.FMD

like i said on an earlier thread today walker is 10 times better than gray but manly would never buy gray but we will keep him on fug me .!!!!!.......Shadow...

DiegoNT

First Grade
You are so right Sara,what a moronic decision it was to get rid of Walker and keep Gray!!Also did you see how good Nathan Brown played for Parra even though they lost,he was awesome.Our retention policy is totally f##ed.FMD
Its not always a case of keep one player ditch another. When Gray signed his current contract for 16/17 midway through 2015 Dylan Walker was still contracted to the club for 2016. So it wasn't a case of Gray over Walker

greg jay

Juniors
Dylan Walker is THE ONE cut Maguire should never have agreed to. Maguire is the Head Coach so he should never have consented to it. Sure the boy has had problems but he is very young and is a game changer with PACE that the team sorely lacks now. Further he always played hard for the team and scored many exciting TDs. Watch as Manly Manly Manly reap the benefits of a great young Souths' Junior. Yuukkk!!!

greg jay

Juniors
Inglis should I believe have been cut.He has been pacing himself to secure a final Multi Million Dollar deal. That is bad for Salary Cap space and bad for player cap value. What the heck has he done for Souths in the past two seasons???? The Burgess lads should be next to be severed along with Tyrell, Clark, Neilsen, Kelly, Goodwin, and others. Sam may be held on to but the twins should be cut no question. Such a program would enable the club to go after guys like Jack Bird, Woods, Tedesco, Some Tough Hard Running Forwards etc etc

alien

Referee
Inglis should I believe have been cut.He has been pacing himself to secure a final Multi Million Dollar deal. That is bad for Salary Cap space and bad for player cap value. What the heck has he done for Souths in the past two seasons????
they definitely stuffed up offering him another big contract when he was already having knee problems

CAFPOW

Juniors
Inglis should I believe have been cut.He has been pacing himself to secure a final Multi Million Dollar deal. That is bad for Salary Cap space and bad for player cap value. What the heck has he done for Souths in the past two seasons???? The Burgess lads should be next to be severed along with Tyrell, Clark, Neilsen, Kelly, Goodwin, and others. Sam may be held on to but the twins should be cut no question. Such a program would enable the club to go after guys like Jack Bird, Woods, Tedesco, Some Tough Hard Running Forwards etc etc

Amen to that! The only problem is, Souths will do exactly the opposite. I wouldn't be surprised
if we're upgrading Tyrrell, Nielsen, Clark, Kelly and Goodwin's contract for 2 more seasons right
now.

southsport

First Grade
I have no problem with Souths releasing DW, there were problems and he wanted to play 5/8 which wasn't going to happen, now he may not be able to get back.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I have no problem with Souths releasing DW, there were problems and he wanted to play 5/8 which wasn't going to happen, now he may not be able to get back.

I may be wrong, but I can remember stories at the time saying Maguire really wanted to keep him?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
my mate at souths says- they have lost the plot at board room level even blind freddy knows that lets resign all the duds and lets buy a few more duds that the opposition clubs dont want .!!!!!.....Shadow...

Pommy

Coach
Amen to that! The only problem is, Souths will do exactly the opposite. I wouldn't be surprised
if we're upgrading Tyrrell, Nielsen, Clark, Kelly and Goodwin's contract for 2 more seasons right
now.

We won't upgrade Nielsen the others are all backup players and command backup players wages.
We won't cut those and then get a huge spike in quality coming in. The problem we've had the last few years is GI, twins and even Sam, although I give Sam a bit of an easy ride due to spending most of last season getting back in to the sport.
None of these have performed to the wages they have been paid. If these players perform everything will start to pan out.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I may be wrong, but I can remember stories at the time saying Maguire really wanted to keep him?

Nah you're right. Maguire did want to keep him. It was Souths management that forced him out. They have more power than Maguire thus f**king up our backline.

Rabbits20

Immortal
This guys knows his stuff like myself.

Careful now Cisco, the trolls will be onto you. They don't like the truth!!!!!!!

DiegoNT

First Grade
Nah you're right. Maguire did want to keep him. It was Souths management that forced him out. They have more power than Maguire thus f**king up our backline.
It seems like there a huge gaps between who Maguire wants/likes and how management wants/likes

Rabbits20

Immortal
now.
Goodwin should be given a 1yr extension for 2018 but not a 2yr deal.