What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who was better?

Uplifting

Juniors
Gasnier. Not that I saw either of them play, but I was fortunate enough to have lunch with Johnny Raper a few months back, he stated (in no uncertain terms) that Reg was the greatest player to ever play the game, and that he could walk into the NRL today he would dominate the modern era.

Dean Young or Shaun Timmins?
Dean Young
How about theses two emerging players who didn't play FG due to injury. Who was/would've been better:
Rex Terp or Evander Cummins?

SBD82

Coach
So tough, King.

The General or Amos Roberts.
Roberts. For the excitement factor. The bloke could find an intercept.

But if Patten had spent his career in the red v I think he might have become a dragons legend. Great club man.

Girdler or Mary?

Country Dragon

Juniors
Roberts. For the excitement factor. The bloke could find an intercept.

But if Patten had spent his career in the red v I think he might have become a dragons legend. Great club man.

Girdler or Mary?
Mary, but his reputation is suffering the more he sticks around!

Peter Gill or Ian Russell?

Old Timer

Coach
Evander Cummins for me .

Eddie Lumsden and Johnny King .
Lumsden was the Eric Grothe of his day.
Big, strong, fast, long stride, great fend and got down low as the tackler arrived and was able to bump them off and continue on to the line.

King was not so fast but a super professional finisher and he too had a wonderful ability to turn his hip into the tackler to bump them off and not change ,his normal stride. King was the absolute master of crash tackling players often in a cover defensive role on the opposite wing.
Many a time Cleary thought he was going to score only to be smashed over the sideline by King.
Both wonderful players and I was blessed to see both of them and the more I think about them I really think this one is a dead heat.

SBD82

Coach
Stevens. He has God on his side.
Thought you'd be too busy celebrating to be slumming it in here millers.

Congrats on the win mate. Good luck next week.

You know the rules though.., you have to ask a question after you answer. Not even grand finalist teams' fans are exempt.

Thought you'd be too busy celebrating to be slumming it in here millers.

Congrats on the win mate. Good luck next week.

You know the rules though.., you have to ask a question after you answer. Not even grand finalist teams' fans are exempt.
Ahh sorry mate and thanks.

Trouble is I am a massive Billy Smith fan. Idolise him. None are better in my eyes

Latest posts