What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the QLD fullback?

Who will be the QLD fullback?

• Rhys Wesser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brent Webb

• Matt Bowen

• Darren Lockyer

• Total voters

Alan Shore

First Grade
Schifcofske. Obviously, Queensland need a goalkicker, and Wesser can play on the wing with Lockyer at 5/8th and Bowen as halfback. There aren't many alternatives for Queensland there with Marsh still out of the game and Cameron Smith is a better hooker.

thuganomics

Coach
Cameron Smith is a good Goal kicker. He can do the job, so can Crocker. I just like Billy Slater, his defence has improved and his support play is top notch. Bown on the bench.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Where's Robbie? :lol:
I think that Shif would be a better pick for a kicker, but I like Wesser better.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think it will be either Slater or Wesser, I voted Slater.
Seymour will get the 7 jersey, Crocker will kick for the Maroons.

Slater
Walker
Hodges
Berrigan
Tate
Lockyer (c)
Seymour
Crocker
Flannery
Price
Cinoniceva
Smith
Webcke

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Wesser hopefully. He does need to perform a bit more but. He did play well yesterday. Everyone does expect too much of him now though.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Crocker is overrated. Smith is a better kicker. Queensland lack wingers and halfbacks. Their only options at half are Bowen, Marsh and C.Smith but we all know Smith has already tied down the hooking role.

Biglance

Bench
clinton schifoske or however u spell it has little chance of making it now with his very average goal kicking over the past few weeks and hasnt set the worl on fire in attack as well

Tigertread

Juniors
Biglance said:
clinton schifoske or however u spell it has little chance of making it now with his very average goal kicking over the past few weeks and hasnt set the worl on fire in attack as well
Schifcofske has again missed out on selection. Not even picked in the 22 man squad.

Paullyboy

Coach
Have you ever seen Slater play Matt23? Hasnt made a tackle yet in his career and he has played for over a season now. Yeh, id trust him at the back :roll: .

I think the fullback will be Wesser now after seeing the rubbish that the selectors have picked, but im hoping for Matty Bowen.

Bowen has been the best fullback in the competition so far this year

Hoggy

Bench
Paullyboy said:
Have you ever seen Slater play Matt23? Hasnt made a tackle yet in his career and he has played for over a season now. Yeh, id trust him at the back :roll: .

I think the fullback will be Wesser now after seeing the rubbish that the selectors have picked, but im hoping for Matty Bowen.

Bowen has been the best fullback in the competition so far this year

Slater 2004 stats (not including last weekend because I don't have the stats yet)
Tackles: 38
Missed Tackles: 11
Efficiency: 77.6%

Schifcofske
Tackles: 24
Missed Tackles: 8
Efficiency: 75.0%

Wesser
Tackles: 55
Missed Tackles: 15
Efficiency: 78.6%

Bowen
Tackles: 14
Missed Tackles: 7
Efficiency: 66.7%

So yeah Slater can't defend, he's only got a better efficiency than Schifcofske and all. :roll:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Slater might still be a bit green.

He may deserve, but its hard not to see Shifkofkse not getting the job.

HE will probably be thier goal kicker as well.

It was not too long ago when Qld lost a SOO game because they had no recognised kicker, and Lockyer will not kick any more.

Latest posts