What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people call RU, 'rugby'??

joedynamo

Juniors
So the term rugby union was around... its hardly surprising since the name of the governing organisation was the Rugby Football Union.... however it still doesnt make it the name of the game

It was and remains common and as you have stated in a previous post is used to distinguish rugby union from other sports.
I also found the date significant.
Why would i want to burn books??? and why would i care if people use the name "Rugby Union" to describe the game... if you had read the thread from the begining... which its becoming more clear you havent... i previously stated that people can call the game anything they want to.. it doesnt change anything and it doesnt make them right.
If you dont care why are you whinging.
Politeness costs nothing ya know.
No i didnt say that... work on your comprehension. I said it wasnt the preferred name.. otherwise they would have changed it to it... they havent.
So even though the name rugby union has been used for over a century by the various rugby union's, you believe that the correct name to distinguish rugby union from other sports is something else?
Are you a yawnion man or a rugger bugger?
No different than a nic name... doesnt make it a legally valid name... can you get a passport using a nic name? a drivers liceince? no you cant.. you need a birth cert with your legal name on it. The name of the game, in the eyes of the law, is "Rugby Football".
Cool, provide a copy of the rfu’s birth certificate ftw. What did the Old men call the game? In the 1871 ‘Laws’ I mean.
And i didnt answer because its not relevant... but if you feel the need to show you percieved interlect, then feel free to post it.
Is that the fourth or fifth time you’ve avoided answering the question? ~I might have to go look it up
But more often than now the simplest explanation is the correct one, lex parsimoniae.
Lol! An inaccurate description and dodgy application of Occam’s razor won’t help ya. And oh yea, pull your skirt up, your confirmation bias is showing.
That would be Rugby Football... havent you been keeping up???
Not According to the 1871 Laws written by three Old Rugbeians. Facts do get in the way sometimes, don’t they.

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade
RFU is the organisation of a sport that has the key word in it's title: union. Likewise the RFL is an organisation of a sport with a key word in the sports title: League

You are kidding arent you??? you do know what a Union is dont you... that is why its in the title of the organisation. it doenst have anything to do with the name of the game as such.

It's called rugby league
No its not.

Does the IRB regard the NRL as a rugby competition?
I dont know, why dont you ask them... my guess it regards it as a competition of the Rugby League version of Rugby.

Who will be singing "world in union" at this years union word cup
I dont know... but its correct title is the Rugby World Cup... you can even see that on all the advertising.

It was and remains common and as you have stated in a previous post is used to distinguish rugby union from other sports.
Its not used to distinguish the game from other sports... only one. Since there are two codes of Rugby its an easy way to differentiate since the governing bodies of each country are Rugby Unions.

I also found the date significant.
Bully for you.

If you dont care why are you whinging.

Im not whinging... i could care less what you think. Its the off season and if muppets want to post crap, it only takes a few minutes to respond.

Politeness costs nothing ya know.
Good morning mister pot, have you met miss kettle.

So even though the name rugby union has been used for over a century by the various rugby union's, you believe that the correct name to distinguish rugby union from other sports is something else?
Its only used to distinguish from one other sport. and yes the name of the sport IS "Rugby Football" or just "Rugby"

Are you a yawnion man or a rugger bugger?
Im neither... but thanks for asking.

Cool, provide a copy of the rfu's birth certificate ftw. What did the Old men call the game? In the 1871 ‘Laws’ I mean.
Well the deed of incorporation is equivelent to a birth certificate for an organisation or business... and guess what the definition of both the IRB and RFU have for the game... "Game means rugby football played in accordance with the Laws of the Game." now if that is their legal definition for the name of the game its pretty clear what the name is.

Is that the fourth or fifth time you’ve avoided answering the question? ~I might have to go look it up
Why dont you do that.

Lol! An inaccurate description and dodgy application of Occam’s razor won’t help ya. And oh yea, pull your skirt up, your confirmation bias is showing.
yeah polite .. righhhhhhhttttttt.
An its only you saying its " An inaccurate description and dodgy application of Occam’s razor" ... because it doesnt suit your argument.

Not According to the 1871 Laws written by three Old Rugbeians. Facts do get in the way sometimes, don’t they.
Now you are arguing about the semantics of language??? it says that only in the fairly formal language of the day.

joedynamo

Juniors
Te Kaha said:
Im not whinging... i could care less what you think. Its the off season and if muppets want to post crap, it only takes a few minutes to respond.
Wigan 6 Sts 0 at the moment..;-)
Good morning mister pot, have you met miss kettle.
:lol:

Brb.

joedynamo

Juniors
Te Kaha said:
And yet you felt the need to post while watching a game??? do you not have a life???
Nope.

Well the deed of incorporation is equivelent to a birth certificate for an organisation or business... and guess what the definition of both the IRB and RFU have for the game... "Game means rugby football played in accordance with the Laws of the Game." now if that is their legal definition for the name of the game its pretty clear what the name is.
What game did the Laws refer to when those organisations were formed?

Then again, nobody noticed that for over half a century the Scotish Football union had forgotten to add the word rugby to their name.

yeah polite .. righhhhhhhttttttt.
An its only you saying its " An inaccurate description and dodgy application of Occam’s razor" ... because it doesnt suit your argument.
Nah, its definitely because your version is bollocks lad.

Now you are arguing about the semantics of language??? it says that only in the fairly formal language of the day.
Laws of the Game of. yea, I can understand why you'd struggle with that.
Anyone else getting the urge to hum Thaxted?;-)

Its only used to distinguish from one other sport. and yes the name of the sport IS "Rugby Football" or just "Rugby"
And rugby unions use of the name rugby union before 1895?

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Fair enough.. it might help you if you did tho... there is a real world outside the internet.

What game did the Laws refer to when those organisations were formed?
You should know you have typed it several times. its also irrellevant to your claim that the IRF/RFU "prefer" the name "Rugby Union" as the name of the game. Since they only use "Rugby" on all legal documents they publish, and their own constitution they use "Rugby Football". If they "prefered" "Rugby Union" they would have changed the name.... they didnt.. so they dont.... its really rather simple.. if they prefered "Rugby Union", as you claim, they would change the name. So why havent they??

Then again, nobody noticed that for over half a century the Scotish Football union had forgotten to add the word rugby to their name.

Bully for them... whats the relevance to prefering "Rugby Union"?????

Nah, its definitely because your version is bollocks lad.

Rubbish... just because the simplest explanation to the question is that the IBB/RFU believe the game is named "Rugby Football" and thus making your argument wrong, you claim its "bollocks".

Laws of the Game of. yea, I can understand why you'd struggle with that.
Anyone else getting the urge to hum Thaxted?;-)

Why... i have never liked that "World in Union" song... its far too pommy.

And rugby unions use of the name rugby union before 1895?
In their organisation title??? relevance???

joedynamo

Juniors
Te Kaha said:
You should know you have typed it several times.
Only ‘cos its funny to see unionites ignore their own history :lol:
Of course the simplist explaination is that they werent changing the name of the game. It remains, as it always has, as "Rugby Football" or "Rugby".
The Laws of the Game of Football. Yet another pesky historical fact that union would like to change.
If they "prefered" "Rugby Union" they would have changed the name.... they didnt.. so they dont.... its really rather simple..
So simple and yet you fail to grasp it. We’ve already done this via the irb rotg: rugby union handbook et al. My six yr old Niece can read the name on the book. Do you really only have the reading ability of a 5 yr old???
Bully for them... whats the relevance to prefering "Rugby Union"?????
I agree with you, which was prolly why I didn’t use it in that instance, tho the original SFu name was consistent with the name of the game in the Laws at that time..
Rubbish... just because the simplest explanation to the question is that the IBB/RFU believe the game is named "Rugby Football" and thus making your argument wrong, you claim its "bollocks".

Nah, the bollocks comment was in reply to your rather strange interpretation of the principle of parsimony.
If you don’t understand the methodology then god knows where you pulled the conclusions from, tho I could hazard a guess.
Why... i have never liked that "World in Union" song... its far too pommy

:lol: search for British Isles rugby union team choir 1950. Stirring stuff!
In their organisation title??? relevance???
Anywhere pre 1895 and lots!

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Only ‘cos its funny to see unionites ignore their own history :lol:
Clasifying someone as a "unionite" or anything based on internet posting shows a very limited understanding. And i have not ignored anything.

The Laws of the Game of Football. Yet another pesky historical fact that union would like to change.

Yeah.. "the laws of the game of football as played by the Rugby Football Union" couldnt possibly be contracted to the the "game of rugby football"... i mean logic be dammed.

So simple and yet you fail to grasp it. We’ve already done this via the irb rotg: rugby union handbook et al. My six yr old Niece can read the name on the book. Do you really only have the reading ability of a 5 yr old???

And thats all you have got.. the only thing "Offical" is the handbook and website... yet you ignore that the legal name in that some oganisations constitution, the one that makes up its legal "deeds" is "Rugby Football" and you cant explain why, if they thought the name was "Rugby Union", that they havent changed the name to that...

I agree with you, which was prolly why I didn’t use it in that instance, tho the original SFu name was consistent with the name of the game in the Laws at that time..
and still isnt "Rugby Union"... big fail.. next...

Nah, the bollocks comment was in reply to your rather strange interpretation of the principle of parsimony.
If you don’t understand the methodology then god knows where you pulled the conclusions from, tho I could hazard a guess.
The law of parsimony isnt relevant to this... that was a reference so even you could google Occam's razor... which is VERY relevant... the simpliest explanation for why the IRB hasnt changed the name of the game to "Rugby Union" is because thats not its name.

:lol: search for British Isles rugby union team choir 1950. Stirring stuff!

Why would I??? spending time looking up stuff that is of no interest to me sounds like something an idiot would do... how is that working out for you??

Anywhere pre 1895 and lots!
to you maybe... but to the real world.. it doesnt.

joedynamo

Juniors
Clasifying someone as a "unionite" or anything based on internet posting shows a very limited understanding. And i have not ignored anything.
Still funny.
Yeah.. "the laws of the game of football as played by the Rugby Football Union" couldnt possibly be contracted to the the "game of rugby football"... i mean logic be dammed
So why'd they change it? Fact is, you know as well I as do that rugby union was called football in the 1800's. The Rugby Football Rules were already in existence tho, hence the weasel wording in the rfu rules.
The generic term Rugby Football was and is still used for ANY of the 'Handling' codes.
You were right tho, when you said they used the R. U term to differentiate between other codes.

And thats all you have got.. the only thing "Offical" is the handbook and website... yet you ignore that the legal name in that some oganisations constitution, the one that makes up its legal "deeds" is "Rugby Football" and you cant explain why, if they thought the name was "Rugby Union", that they havent changed the name to that...
Other than the continual and increasing use of the name rugby union you mean?
But there are lots of other examples of the irb/ rfu calling itself rugby union. The famous 1924 rfu Rules of Professionalism poster issued to rugby union clubs warning about contact with Rugby League, specifically mentions the playing of Football while the wording of the irFb constitutional clause banning association with RL mentions rugby union clubs and rugby union football.
Both are online at RugbyReloaded - but you knew that, right?

and still isnt "Rugby Union"... big fail.. next...
No it was Football. Next..

The law of parsimony isnt relevant to this... that was a reference so even you could google Occam's razor... which is VERY relevant... the simpliest explanation for why the IRB hasnt changed the name of the game to "Rugby Union" is because thats not its name.
:iwstupid: Yes of course it was. And you butchered the explanation to make yourself seem especially clever. Well done you!

Why would I??? spending time looking up stuff that is of no interest to me sounds like something an idiot would do... how is that working out for you??
Funny, but not in the way you were hoping.

you maybe... but to the real world.. it doesnt.
Thank you for clarifying the fact that rugby union had started to call itself rugby union before 1895..I'll be able to link back to this thread when other unionites with smaller intellects then yours question it.

Last edited:
Next question: Can Rugby and Union co-exist as separate sports for the next 100 years or will Union's insecurity complex finally force them to adopt RL rules and counterfeit the 13 man code?

Te Kaha

First Grade
Still funny.
Im glad it amuses you... i like making the geniused feel better about themselves

So why'd they change it? Fact is, you know as well I as do that rugby union was called football in the 1800's.
And then Rugby was called "Rugby Football" and still is despite your bleating.

The Rugby Football Rules were already in existence tho, hence the weasel wording in the rfu rules.
Different rules were used all over the place until the RFU standardised them for their clubs.

The generic term Rugby Football was and is still used for ANY of the 'Handling' codes.
Of course it is... i have never said anything to the contrary.

You were right tho, when you said they used the R. U term to differentiate between other codes.
no.. again withyour lies... i didnt say that. I said that "Rugby Union" was used to differentiate between it and Rugby League.

Other than the continual and increasing use of the name rugby union you mean?
But there are lots of other examples of the irb/ rfu calling itself rugby union. The famous 1924 rfu Rules of Professionalism poster issued to rugby union clubs warning about contact with Rugby League, specifically mentions the playing of Football while the wording of the irFb constitutional clause banning association with RL mentions rugby union clubs and rugby union football.
Both are online at RugbyReloaded - but you knew that, right?
I dont read "RugbyReloaded" its only you who reads up on things he doesnt like... well you and other losers... and you still cant explain why the IRB hasnt changed its definition of the name of the game to "Rugby Union" if thats the name of the game.

No it was Football. Next..
As i have said all along... NOT "Rugby Union".

:iwstupid: Yes of course it was. And you butchered the explanation to make yourself seem especially clever. Well done you!
If you say so... it still stands tho, the simplest explanation is usually the right one.

Funny, but not in the way you were hoping.

Its funny 'cause its true.

Thank you for clarifying the fact that rugby union had started to call itself rugby union before 1895..I'll be able to link back to this thread when other unionites with smaller intellects then yours question it.
And yet the IRB still calls the game "Rugby Football" and you cant provide a reason why they havent changed the name to "Rugby Union" even to you are saying thats what they prefer to call the game.h

Next question: Can Rugby and Union co-exist as separate sports for the next 100 years or will Union's insecurity complex finally force them to adopt RL rules and counterfeit the 13 man code?
Rugby is doing just fine now... it doesnt need to change its rules to mimic League.

joedynamo

Juniors
Te Kaha said:
Im glad it amuses you... i like making the geniused feel better about themselves
We all need a vocation in life, Im glad you've found your level.

And then Rugby was called "Rugby Football" and still is despite your bleating.
There were a couple of codes using the Rugby Football name back then, sometime after 1888 the term 'rugby union' starts to be used to differentiate between Rugby Football and rugby union. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

no.. again withyour lies... i didnt say that. I said that "Rugby Union" was used to differentiate between it and Rugby League.
You like accusing folk of lying dont ya, do you ever get anything right?
The problem with your hypothesis (do you need a link to a dictionary?) is the term rugby union was in use BEFORE 1895.

Different rules were used all over the place until the RFU standardised them for their clubs.
Are you claiming that ALL rfu teams played under the same 'Laws'? Please provide proof. Oh wait, I've already asked you that a couple of times. Dont bother bud, you'll only BS again.

I dont read "RugbyReloaded" its only you who reads up on things he doesnt like...
Its actually a normal concept to most folk,so I can understand why you struggle with it.
Maybe you should read up on things you want to comment on, it may stop you reacting with lame insults when you are caught out...
well you and other losers...
...or maybe not.

and you still cant explain why the IRB hasnt changed its definition of the name of the game to "Rugby Union" if thats the name of the game.
isnt proving you were spouting BS about rugby union never changing the name of its game and the use of rugby union in the laws enough for one thread?
Did you like the official picture of the 1950 BI rugby union team?

i have said all along... NOT "Rugby Union".

You were also sure the name rugby union had NEVER been used in official irFb documents...

If you say so... it still stands tho, the simplest explanation is usually the right one.
You still dont quite understand the principle behind the razor do you.

And yet the IRB still calls the game "Rugby Football" and you cant provide a reason why they havent changed the name to "Rugby Union" even to you are saying thats what they prefer to call the game.h

You have already accepted that Rugby Football is a generic term.
What name did the rfu and later the irFb use to differentiate thier code?

rugby union.

Te Kaha

First Grade
We all need a vocation in life, Im glad you've found your level.
Its not a vocation... its just something i do in the off season... as a community service... it helps when we have special needs people, such as yourself, posting.

There were a couple of codes using the Rugby Football name back then, sometime after 1888 the term 'rugby union' starts to be used to differentiate between Rugby Football and rugby union. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

And yet, despite your repeated statements that the IRB "prefers" tp use the name "Rugby Union" you cant provide one valid single solitary reason why they havent changed the name to "Rugby Union" in its constitution.

You like accusing folk of lying dont ya, do you ever get anything right?

You said i stated something... I didnt.. it was wrong.. you lied. If you cant comprehend the difference between a truth and a lie then you REALLY need help.

The problem with your hypothesis (do you need a link to a dictionary?) is the term rugby union was in use BEFORE 1895.

Are you claiming that ALL rfu teams played under the same 'Laws'? Please provide proof. Oh wait, I've already asked you that a couple of times. Dont bother bud, you'll only BS again.
Yes they did... not for the entire time since then, but they did when the RFU codified the rules.

isnt proving you were spouting BS about rugby union never changing the name of its game and the use of rugby union in the laws enough for one thread?
Now you lie again... the IRB has NEVER defined the game as "Rugby Union" in its constitution... and as to the laws... what law has the term "Rugby Union" in it... please provide the Law number or retract that statement as yet another lie.

Did you like the official picture of the 1950 BI rugby union team?
I already told you i havent looked it up... your comprehension hasnt improved.

You were also sure the name rugby union had NEVER been used in official irFb documents...
To define the name of the game... no it hasnt... unless you have proof to the contrary.

You still dont quite understand the principle behind the razor do you.
I do.. and its common ussage fits correctly.

You have already accepted that Rugby Football is a generic term.
What name did the rfu and later the irFb use to differentiate thier code?

rugby union.
That they did.... never changed the name to it tho...

Too late its been copying RL since 1895!

Anyway percentage wise how much is your swing towards rah rah? 60-40% To me your are a rah rah troll and should never have been given this forum! You can't run a piss up in a brewery nevermind administer a yawnion forum. Clueless.

Parra

Referee

Anyway percentage wise how much is your swing towards rah rah? 60-40% To me your are a rah rah troll and should never have been given this forum! You can't run a piss up in a brewery nevermind administer a yawnion forum. Clueless.

Are you sure people really call RU rugby?

If you have been talking to people who do call RU rugby then your alter-egos are going to be pissed.

joedynamo

Juniors
Te Kaha said:
Its not a vocation... its just something i do in the off season... as a community service... it helps when we have special needs people, such as yourself, posting.
Lamest yet. At least you got the letters in the right order this time, special needs :lol:

And yet, despite your repeated statements that the IRB "prefers" tp use the name "Rugby Union" you cant provide one valid single solitary reason why they havent changed the name to "Rugby Union" in its constitution.
The irb/ rfu use it a lot and have done for a long time.
Please read the last five pages for examples.

You said i stated something... I didnt.. it was wrong.. you lied. If you cant comprehend the difference between a truth and a lie then you REALLY need help.
I was trying to make you look smarter. Its obvious that the name rugby union was in use before 1895 - therefore couldnt be aimed only at Rugby.
Sorry.

Yes they did... not for the entire time since then, but they did when the RFU codified the rules
So when did they actually codify the game? Serious question.
And when you've answered that, I've some other little irregularities for you to clear up.

Now you lie again... the IRB has NEVER defined the game as "Rugby Union" in its constitution...
I dont believe I suggested they had. Please retract that statement or delete as yet another lie.

and as to the laws... what law has the term "Rugby Union" in it... please provide the Law number or retract that statement as yet another lie.
The 1958 irFb resolution in 1958 clearly states the name rugby union.
You do know what a resolution is, dont you? it's yet more evidence of rugby unions governing bodies using the name rugby union officially - something you say has never happened.
Look under the rules as to professionalism for further reading.

I already told you i havent looked it up... your comprehension hasnt improved.
Nowlt to do with comprehension I just figured you'd lied again.
So you arent interested in the picture of the 1950 BI rugby union team.
Fair enough.

To define the name of the game... no it hasnt... unless you have proof to the contrary
Please READ what I posted and delete your question:
'You were also sure the name rugby union had NEVER been used in official irFb documents...'
..like the 1958 irFb resolution on professionalism for example.

I do.. and its common ussage fits correctly.
Its true, ya cant educate pork.

That they did.... never changed the name to it tho...
As suggested pages ago by Roughyed and EA...

rugby union it is.

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade

Really?? in what way? what rules or laws has it "Copied"? and pretty sooon everyone is going to recognise your posting style and you will be banned... again... at least calaxite stopped posting in here... he ran like a little school girl so he wouldnt be banned... maybe you should as well.

Lamest yet. At least you got the letters in the right order this time, special needs :lol:
And you wear the shoe so well...

The irb/ rfu use it a lot and have done for a long time.
Please read the last five pages for examples.
You deflect so well... BUT, despite your repeated statements that the IRB "prefers" to use the name "Rugby Union" you cant provide one valid single solitary reason why they havent changed the name to "Rugby Union" in its constitution.

I was trying to make you look smarter. Its obvious that the name rugby union was in use before 1895 - therefore couldnt be aimed only at Rugby.
Sorry.
So you admit you are a liar... good.

So when did they actually codify the game? Serious question.
And when you've answered that, I've some other little irregularities for you to clear up.
Comprehension is your issue, not mine... its been stated and restated in this thread plenty of times... go look it up.

I dont believe I suggested they had. Please retract that statement or delete as yet another lie.
Of course you lied... in order for the IRB to change the name of the game to "Rugby Union" it needs to change its constitution, they havent done that.. ever.. therefore they havent ever changed their name to "rugby union" therefore you lied... again.... its not a good habit to get into.

The 1958 irFb resolution in 1958 clearly states the name rugby union.
You do know what a resolution is, dont you? it's yet more evidence of rugby unions governing bodies using the name rugby union officially - something you say has never happened.
Look under the rules as to professionalism for further reading.
Funny.. i didnt read that they changed the definition of the game they run... and you still havent provided which "Law" that states the term "Rugby Union" as a description or definition of the game... not surprising really.. since there isnt one.

Nowlt to do with comprehension I just figured you'd lied again.
So you arent interested in the picture of the 1950 BI rugby union team.
Fair enough.
Sure its not... you keep on showing your lack of comprehension... but hey if it makes you feel better, keep on believing that.

Please READ what I posted and delete your question:
'You were also sure the name rugby union had NEVER been used in official irFb documents...'
..like the 1958 irFb resolution on professionalism for example.
TO DEFINE THE NAME OF THE GAME.... quoting out of context AGAIN... i thought you were passed that... clearly i was wrong.

Its true, ya cant educate pork.
Dont be so hard on yourself... self education is hard.. but im sure you can manage...

As suggested pages ago by Roughyed and EA...
rugby union it is.

To you maybe.. still doesnt make it true.

joedynamo

Juniors
Te Kaha said:
You deflect so well...

...no where near as well as you Te. I’d be impressed, if you didn’t keep such making dumb errors.

BUT, despite your repeated statements that the IRB "prefers" to use the name "Rugby Union" you cant provide one valid single solitary reason why they havent changed the name to "Rugby Union" in its constitution.
Yea, its a funny one. Why have the rfu/ irb used the name rugby union for well over 123 yrs, in official publications, resolutions and its minutes etc. Lets ask a unionite.
Over to you Te Kaha:

So you admit you are a liar... good.
Good lad, cry liar and maybe nobody will notice your dafter posts.
The exchange went:
Te Kaha" said:
me said:
The name rugby union comes into use in the mid 1880’s. Rugby union was used to distinguish between Rugby Football (generic) and rugby union (specific).
Sorry for trying to make you look smarter than you really are.

Comprehension is your issue, not mine... its been stated and restated in this thread plenty of times... go look it up.
I did and I have :D You said:
Yes they did... not for the entire time since then, but they did when the RFU codified the rules
Which contradicts your previous statements:
That didnt happen until 1871 when the RFU was form and the rules were properly codified.
So they were codified then uncodified then codified. Again?pmpl
But which, if any, of your statements are true?
Perhaps you could explain the bolded part.
Of course you lied...
Pmpl see above

Brb.

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Yea, its a funny one. Why have the rfu/ irb used the name rugby union for well over 123 yrs, in official publications, resolutions and its minutes etc. Lets ask a unionite.
Over to you Te Kaha:
"unionite" so very lame.... Its been said before, but since you seem to to comprehend, the use of the term "Rugby Union" is used for differniating the code.. no differnt to a nic name... however the IRB didnt intend for it to be the name otherwise they would have defined the game as "Rugby Union" NOT as "Rugby Football".... get it???? or is that to hard for you?... you still cant explain why that is... its clear the IRB consider the game they run is "Rugby Football" and not "Rugby Union" as you maintain.

Good lad, cry liar and maybe nobody will notice your dafter posts.
No ... i "cried" liar because you lied.

The name rugby union comes into use in the mid 1880’s. Rugby union was used to distinguish between Rugby Football (generic) and rugby union (specific).
And what other "Rugby" codes are in existance today??? Just one... gridion? Touch? neither use "Rugby" so its used to differniate one other code.

So they were codified then uncodified then codified. Again?pmpl
But which, if any, of your statements are true?
Perhaps you could explain the bolded part.
Pmpl see above
Brb.
They codified it in 1871... all clubs agreed to play under those rules. Just because some games since then have been played under variations of those rules doesnt make it "uncodified".... before then all the clubs had their own rules.. afterwards they didnt.. how hard is it to understand???