What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Such a Big Deal about NYE?

Agent Mulder

Bench
Call me strange, But i see nothing at all speical about New Year's Eve, Most people seem to make a Song and Dance about it, Saying how great it is, I have to work real early tomorrow morning and Finish at 8am, I just can't wait to finish work so i can have two days off, I really couldn't give a toss about NYE at all, I think i will be to stuffed to do anything that night anyway.

To me it's just another day, My Finacee's Co-Workers asked her if i was going to take her anywhere on NYE and She said that i don't really care for it, To that she reckons they said was a little Strange, I love Christmas Day but hate NYE and New Years Day, As to me its just another day, Nothing Speical at all.

***MH***

Bench
it's another reason for a public holiday.....

you don't lie on your death bed wishing you had less public holidays now do you!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well Mulder I hate Xmas and the christianity it brings

NYE is an excused to get pissed - very Australian.

Rustay

Juniors
Dont rate New Years at all really. This year will be alright however. Got my sisters wedding on, so have a few there, then got the Perth Cup on New Years Day which is always good for drinking....and women. But yeah, couldn't give a toss that it is the new year

Raider_69

Post Whore
good reason to hit the piss in a big way, and with a public holiday to recover
thats good enough for me, i love NYE!

I'm not looking forward to it this year. Have a bloody wedding to go to (who gets married on NYE anyway?????) :lol:

42 degrees the forecast for tomorrow down here, not looking forward to putting on the suit. I'm going shorts to the church...

Godz Illa

Coach
5 fun ideas to make the miserable Mulder's NYE worth getting excited about:

1. Rent seasons 1-whatever of the X-Files and watch them all back to back
2. Make cocoa
3. Grab a putter and fine-tune your technique on the carpet - from varying distances
4. Write a letter to the clairvoyant of Woman's Day magazine, asking if the insane excitement of your life will finally settle down
5. Start a whiny thread on an internet league forum

I'm sure there are more ideas, hopefully the other LU users will be able to come up with some.

Stranger

Coach
Its the same as the melb cup... its just another reason to have a party and a few drinkies...

jed

First Grade
New Years is a chance for you to make a psychological "fresh start", but just like your birthday every year, nothing really changes.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Never been a huge Christmas or News Year;s fan.

Sure, I like spending X-mas with my family.

But I find they've lost appeal to me.

Having said that, I'm going to a Uni party tomorrow - NYE + alcohol + women = heaven. So I'm not complaining.

God-King Dean

Immortal
People are just celebrating that Armagedon didn't come this year..

LOL, how f*cking stupid would those religious dudes feel in 2000 when they went to Israel for the end of the world.

Anyway, I am spending NYE with the Morrison clan, & we're a rowdy bunch & it's always a good time. Hell, me & my brother & brother-in-law might do another nudie run this year....

GBT2

Juniors
Agent Mulder said:
Call me strange, But i see nothing at all speical about New Year's Eve, Most people seem to make a Song and Dance about it, Saying how great it is, I have to work real early tomorrow morning and Finish at 8am, I just can't wait to finish work so i can have two days off, I really couldn't give a toss about NYE at all, I think i will be to stuffed to do anything that night anyway.

To me it's just another day, My Finacee's Co-Workers asked her if i was going to take her anywhere on NYE and She said that i don't really care for it, To that she reckons they said was a little Strange, I love Christmas Day but hate NYE and New Years Day, As to me its just another day, Nothing Speical at all.

Most People seem to make a song and dance out of just about anything you care to mention - including sport - so why get all cantankerous about just another thing?

Schillaci

Juniors
why do agent mulders posts always mention work and getting up early? Two things in life i dread. work and early starts.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Footballer said:
why do agent mulders posts always mention work and getting up early? Two things in life i dread. work and early starts.

Do they? i've never noticed, They Might, I dunno, I'm just saying, Not Bitching about NYE really, Just a personal view of mine is all.

Agent Mulder

Bench
GBT2 said:
Most People seem to make a song and dance out of just about anything you care to mention - including sport - so why get all cantankerous about just another thing?

Get Over it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Agent Mulder said:
Call me strange
You're strange.
Agent Mulder said:
But i see nothing at all speical about New Year's Eve, Most people seem to make a Song and Dance about it
New Years Eve... party, songs, dancing... yeah I can see how it just doesn't make sense.
Agent Mulder said:
I have to work real early tomorrow morning and Finish at 8am
Diddums.
Agent Mulder said:
I really couldn't give a toss about NYE at all, I think i will be to stuffed to do anything that night anyway.
Well it worked out fine for you then - no celebrations and yet you type like someone who has had an all-nighter. Perhaps if you went out and partied you'd be saying you 'really couldn't give a stuff and are too much of a tosser anyway'.
Agent Mulder said:
As to me its just another day, Nothing Speical at all.
Thanks for repeating it for those who missed it the first time.

Latest posts