What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will hopoate

bedlam breakout

Juniors
afraid with so many quality fullbacks around this guy is just not good enough at this level, adds nothing much in attack with ordinary defence, put a morris twin to fullback leaving space in the line up for another decent centre/wing

Spot On

Coach
I can't disagree. A good support playing fullback would have had a couple tries next to his name last night yet he was not to be seen.

Des has a shit ordinary spine again. How that team got to within a few points of winning last night shows they have enough in all the other positions to be competitive week to week but will come up short against the better sides.

Meth

Staff member
afraid with so many quality fullbacks around this guy is just not good enough at this level, adds nothing much in attack with ordinary defence, put a morris twin to fullback leaving space in the line up for another decent centre/wing

Hopoate may not be the best option at fullback, especially with the Morris twins running around out there. But Hopoate still belongs in the 17. He is your better than your 'decent centre/wing'

MilkShark

First Grade
Parra signed him stupidly on top dollars when he was performing well in a great Manly side on the wing. He's been plodder ever since he made that move.

Wingers catch balls and score on the end of easy back line movements. Parra now know that.

Incorrect

Coach
Played his best footy at Parra at right centre.... I'll always remember that game....

Has great hands and ability to set up his winger on that side of the field... just doesn't have what it takes to play fullback in this day and age

gunpk

Juniors
I agree that he's not suited to fullback.
I thought he only looked good in the Manly days because he had G Stewart and Lyon inside setting him up

TheFrog

Coach
How that team got to within a few points of winning last night shows they have enough in all the other positions to be competitive week to week but will come up short against the better sides.
They were within a few points of winning because the opposition wasn't much better, even though they appeared to have the run of the game. This game was 5 tries all. The score was a fair indication I felt. The Roosters are flashy but left gaping holes. A good side is going to punish them.

Tommy Smith

Referee
They were within a few points of winning because the opposition wasn't much better, even though they appeared to have the run of the game. This game was 5 tries all. The score was a fair indication I felt. The Roosters are flashy but left gaping holes. A good side is going to punish them.
Well looking at our draw:

Rnd 3: Panthers
Rnd 4: Rabbits
Rnd 5: Manly
Rnd 6: Broncos

We don't face a good side until rnd 6 so we'll have to wait a while to prove your theory :D

Mikehnz

Juniors
Always preferred BMoz in the fullback role.
Man, did Hopoate take a hit last night or what.. taken to hospital with severe concussion, looked bloody nasty from a head clash.

& just read that Hoppa is now out for 4-6 weeks, fractured eye socket.

soc123_au

Staff member
Well looking at our draw:

Rnd 3: Panthers
Rnd 4: Rabbits
Rnd 5: Manly
Rnd 6: Broncos

We don't face a good side until rnd 6 so we'll have to wait a while to prove your theory :D
I'll be sure to requote this in the upcoming Roosters easy draw thread if you look like a top 4 chance by the end of July.

Danish

Referee
Always preferred BMoz in the fullback role.
Man, did Hopoate take a hit last night or what.. taken to hospital with severe concussion, looked bloody nasty from a head clash.

& just read that Hoppa is now out for 4-6 weeks, fractured eye socket.

And still held onto the ball.

Say what you want about his playing ability not dropping the pill after copping that shot was bloody amazing

julian87

Juniors
Played his best footy at Parra at right centre.... I'll always remember that game....

Has great hands and ability to set up his winger on that side of the field... just doesn't have what it takes to play fullback in this day and age

No he didn't. He was dog shit at Parramatta just like he's been dog shit at Canterbury. He's never been within 60% of what he did at Manly. He was constantly embarrassed when defending in the centres at Parramatta, too slow and weak and it transfers to his attack as well. Just not quite as embarrassing as his defence has been at fullback.

His selection in Origin 14/15, when considering what he was doing in club footy is deadset the all time selection headf**k.

Latest posts