What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will hopoate

Incorrect

Coach
No he didn't. He was dog shit at Parramatta just like he's been dog shit at Canterbury. He's never been within 60% of what he did at Manly. He was constantly embarrassed when defending in the centres at Parramatta, too slow and weak and it transfers to his attack as well. Just not quite as embarrassing as his defence has been at fullback.

His selection in Origin 14/15, when considering what he was doing in club footy is deadset the all time selection headf**k.

I said he played "his best footy" at right centre for Parra.... "HIS BEST FOOTY"

I didn't say it was world beating, or any good for that matter.... just that he was better in the centres than he was at fullback

julian87

Juniors
Hopoate may not be the best option at fullback, especially with the Morris twins running around out there. But Hopoate still belongs in the 17. He is your better than your 'decent centre/wing'

I think that's debatable. This is a bloke who is on big money and doesn't play on Sunday. You can 100% find better centre/wingers willing to play on less money than Hopoate. Current squad....yeah he's probably better than Holland. But there's no way, if you find a fullback, that he ousts Lee or the Morris boys.

julian87

Juniors
I said he played "his best footy" at right centre for Parra.... "HIS BEST FOOTY"

I didn't say it was world beating, or any good for that matter.... just that he was better in the centres than he was at fullback

To suggest he played his best football for Parramatta and not for Manly is absolutely mind blowing.

Incorrect

Coach
To suggest he played his best football for Parramatta and not for Manly is absolutely mind blowing.
I'm getting the quotation marks out for you one more time...

I posted "Played his best footy at Parra at right centre.... I'll always remember that game...."

It was largely a tougue in cheek comment in any case, given away by the "I'll always remember that game" quip, as in singular entity, not plural...1 good game....

I'm not suggesting he was better at Parra than he was at Manly. He was a 750K per year disappointment for the Eels...

Now that Hoppa is gone for a few weeks, Des should give Brad Abbey a shot. He looks to be a gun.

Des won't though. He'll fluff around with moving one of the Morris twins to fullback and playing a back rower at centre or some such rubbish.

I reckon if Abbey were given 3 or 4 weeks to find his feet in first grade, Hoppa would struggle to get back in the team.

bedlam breakout

Juniors
maybe nrl should have held on to hardaker a bit longer, hes tearing sl apart again and would have made a great addition for the dogs, although I cant see any nrl team matching the Castleford team hes in at the min after the beatings they got in the wcc matches

soc123_au

Staff member
maybe nrl should have held on to hardaker a bit longer, hes tearing sl apart again and would have made a great addition for the dogs, although I cant see any nrl team matching the Castleford team hes in at the min after the beatings they got in the wcc matches
Hardaker is a plodder. Comparing SL to NRL is the equivalent to thinking the fastest Pug of the litter will do well at Wentworth Park.

bedlam breakout

Juniors
Hardaker is a plodder. Comparing SL to NRL is the equivalent to thinking the fastest Pug of the litter will do well at Wentworth Park.
that's why the likes of greg bird (origin player last year) and too many more to mention just become also rans over here and get smashed every other week.

mxlegend99

Referee
The NRL sides see these matchups as a waste of time. Its a waste of time snd energy.

Hardaker was terrible in the NRL. Couldnt tackle. Too weak to break tackles. A complete waste of a jersey. Yet in the super league he looks like a god.

While the super league teams come in match ready. The NRL teams come in with their focus having been split between the All Stars, 9s, trials (these games are glorified trials) and the only thing that actually matters. Being fit and ready for Round 1.

Play these fixtures at the midpoint of the season and the NRL team wins 9 times out of 10.

bedlam breakout

Juniors
The NRL sides see these matchups as a waste of time. Its a waste of time snd energy.

Hardaker was terrible in the NRL. Couldnt tackle. Too weak to break tackles. A complete waste of a jersey. Yet in the super league he looks like a god.

While the super league teams come in match ready. The NRL teams come in with their focus having been split between the All Stars, 9s, trials (these games are glorified trials) and the only thing that actually matters. Being fit and ready for Round 1.

Play these fixtures at the midpoint of the season and the NRL team wins 9 times out of 10.
both the broncos and sharks played a full blooded 100% commited game and came off 2nd best -simple.

mxlegend99

Referee
Keep telling yourself that. Not even the Super League clubs believe that. Its the reason you pay top dollar for blokes no NRL clubs want

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

lol, are you seriously comparing SL to the NRL.

Super League is the Eric the Eel of Football

bedlam breakout

Juniors
al be honest- watched a lot of nrl games this season and not over impressed by the standard- some of it if not a lot of is very dull and predictable

bedlam breakout

Juniors
any coincidence des puts hopoate back in the dogs no1 jersey and they are now dire again? the morris twins were ruling the back line with brett at full back a couple of weeks ago

Lambretta

First Grade
Hopoate was brilliant in the Pacific Islands game, but last night he went missing in that first half
He improved dramatically in the second, but by then it was too late

Latest posts