What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Mathews

I keep hearing this sentiment on here.

It's players like Matthews that are good to have as a replacement. Relatively cheap and reliable. If we don't sign some of these fringe first graders, our depth will be well and truely f**ked as some point. They're more important than most people realise.
Well written.

Como Connection

First Grade
I have always liked Matthews, he has never let the team down, even played in the centres and also hooker in his early days.
A must keep I say.
CC

Last edited:

ALSGI

Bench
Yep I've thought that too. Especially considering base next year goes up to 120k from 80k (I'm not certain on the figures), Matthews won't be much above that.

He adds key experience and definitely depth but wouldn't be in my top 20 or even top 25 because I want juniors to get a game first. If we go top 30, Matthews has a squad role to play.

The only question is, are we better off giving that position to another youngster with possibly more upside?
He's been good for us but no room for him next year. ESL would jump all over him.

I feel sorry for Will today first game back at centre and made to look foolish at times.

Mathew Head again puzzles me with his horrible selections.

Seems to have taken a leaf out of Marys playbook from last year.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Yep I've thought that too. Especially considering base next year goes up to 120k from 80k (I'm not certain on the figures), Matthews won't be much above that.

He adds key experience and definitely depth but wouldn't be in my top 20 or even top 25 because I want juniors to get a game first. If we go top 30, Matthews has a squad role to play.

The only question is, are we better off giving that position to another youngster with possibly more upside?
Matthews would be on far more than $120k...