What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the tears dry up? Ryan James breaks rules to align with NSW.

Broncomum

Juniors
the bloke wont play origin footy anytime soon anyways.
Exactly, so what reason could there be for this NSW Journo to have such an article?

I think if you look back over the history of Origin you will see a trend, and 'Buzz' is trying lamely to keep the tradition going.
Honestly that guy would be better off doing a horoscope column.
:roll:

Joker's Wild

Coach
You're telling me off for poor form when you have that banner JW? Really?

We've had to put up with NSW whinging for years and how they wouldn't break the rules. There it is right there.

Inglis only came up when Tweedy was complaining about the rules. I compared him more to Mead who happened to get quite the thread for just signalling his intention.

Also he admitted his first senior game was in Queensland.

JW - the article was written by Rothfield. Generally I wouldn't post any of his articles...but I saw the direct quote.

The banner is what it is Pete, you and I both know it has little to do with anything

Your poor form is labeling this article as proof that NSW is "cheating" when nothing wrong has been done.

James said he is "probably" eligable for Qld. I doubt he really knows either way

Moron?
:sarcasm:
The erroneous justification you point out is indicative of the intelligence you portray in your posts.
And the likes of posters such as yourself only get one response from me, the one that tells you you're not in my league so run away quietly dear, without weeing on the floor ok?

:roll:

Educational moment for the uneducated trolls: Phil Rothfield is the Executive Sports Editor for the Daily Telegraph, a Sydney based newspaper.

As for you, calling others trolls is the pot calling the kettle black. You only ever appear to throw your fecal matter around and offer nothing of substance then get all pissy when your called out.

BTW, Rothfield is a hack of the highest order. His usual MO is to poke players like James, who have zero idea about the eligability rules, and see what crap falls out for him to build an article around. He represents the NSW media in his geography only.

Big Pete

Referee
The banner is what it is Pete, you and I both know it has little to do with anything
It's a gee up, just like my thread title. But it seems like it's only poor form when I do it...

The way the sentence finish, seems like he knows full well where he played his first senior game.

Broncomum

Juniors
James = Grub. Will fit in with NSW's 'tough' mentality.

Quite possibly right there. It seems to be one of the Blues' criteria for selection. Be damned with talent, they sadly appear to put more worth in a player's ability to be a possible annoyance to others before all else.
Just another aspect of the negative thinking down there.

They really need to go back to 'Coaching 101' and see what they're putting out there as far as vibes are concerned. It's all so negative & not good for the sport at all.

I just keep repeating myself the last few years "they don't 'get it' anymore do they?"
:?

I did read someone's comment a few days ago, I really think their only chance to get 'it' back is to have Bennett coach them.

El Diablo

Post Whore
there is nothing in the article that makes it clear where he played his first senior footy

Broncomum

Juniors
As for you, calling others trolls is the pot calling the kettle black. You only ever appear to throw your fecal matter around and offer nothing of substance then get all pissy when your called out.

BTW, Rothfield is a hack of the highest order. His usual MO is to poke players like James, who have zero idea about the eligability(sic) rules, and see what crap falls out for him to build an article around. He represents the NSW media in his geography only.

Whoa there killer.

Let's back step a bit.

I'm a moron because YOU read this article in a Qld based newspaper and therefore decided it was a Qld based propaganda tactic rather than as I suggested a NSW based one?
Because YOU failed to read the article, who it was written by & the very visible 'Sunday Telegraph' printed beside it?

And now your tack changes?

As for what I post and where I post, I didn't realise there were restrictions.
I have neither thrown any sh!t nor have I been pissy; nor have I been 'called out' on anything. Unlike your major flop up there! lol

You've mistaken me for someone who cares. Just sad I can't find a way to 'ignore all future posts by this member' really.

To someone who may know:
Is this a NSW based forum? Would it be better if I find another?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Whoa there killer.

Let's back step a bit.

I'm a moron because YOU read this article in a Qld based newspaper and therefore decided it was a Qld based propaganda tactic rather than as I suggested a NSW based one?
Because YOU failed to read the article, who it was written by & the very visible 'Sunday Telegraph' printed beside it?

And now your tack changes?

As for what I post and where I post, I didn't realise there were restrictions.
I have neither thrown any sh!t nor have I been pissy; nor have I been 'called out' on anything. Unlike your major flop up there! lol

You've mistaken me for someone who cares. Just sad I can't find a way to 'ignore all future posts by this member' really.

To someone who may know:
Is this a NSW based forum? Would it be better if I find another?

No sweetheart, you are the moron because you think it is propaganda full stop

Its cheap shitty journalism, nothing more. BAU from Mr Rothfield.

You are a troll who cant stay away from the NSW bashing. Most would call it pathetic. Keep pretending otherwise though.

Oh and BTW, there is an "ignore" feature if you dont like what I am saying but finding another forum to post your dribble in would be a more popular choice Im sure

Mr Fourex

Bench

Hutty1986

Immortal
Broncomum.. welcome to the ranks of arrogant qlders.. you'll fit right in with some of the other banjo strummers!

As for James..what a non-event!

ANTiLAG

First Grade
The tears will nto dry until NSW actually win 3 series in a row again... Could be a while...

Knightmare

Coach
But hang on, I thought there was no such thing as a Qlder who followed the Blues? :crazy:

In all seriousness, the border-based competitions are always going to be tricky ones to pick. Although he represented Qld in the U/18's, his footy up to that point had been in NSW and that's where his heart is.

mxlegend99

Referee
He looks like a solid first grader at the moment, but it's hard to see him playing for NSW any time soon. Although I'd take him ahead of Jason King any day of the week.

Garts

Bench
Clearly should play for Qld. He comes from Tweed Heads which is north of Bowraville, must be a qldr.

kwigibo

Juniors
He looks like a solid first grader at the moment, but it's hard to see him playing for NSW any time soon. Although I'd take him ahead of Jason King any day of the week.

To be fair he is only 19 years old, not a lot of props are even close to 1st grade standard at that age.

On topic, before he made his 1st grade debut I met his mum in line for a Titans game. I'm a QLD and Titans supporter, and I'd been watching him tear it up in the u20's in the previous weeks, so I asked her about his eligibility. Even then I knew it was a grey area, because he's from Bilambil but had played/been selected for a QLD junior rep team. She stated flat out that his heart was with the blues, that he wasn't thrilled with being in that QLD team, and all other things being equal, he was a blue, and were it ever to come up, he'd want to play for the blues in Origin. This article seems to back that up. I said to her that I'd have liked to see him play for QLD(i did and still think he'll play a lot of origin), but fair enough, he's a blue.

I don't consider any factor more important than that, especially in this border area; it's who you identify with/want to play for. He says he's a blue, he's a blue. Who would want anyone in their origin team who said otherwise?

Broncomum

Juniors
.... He says he's a blue, he's a blue. Who would want anyone in their origin team who said otherwise?

You know that's the bottom line in all of this. They can't FORCE him to play for a team he has no heart for.

I think the NRL needs an Eligibility Officer so when ANYONE decides they may want to play Origin, if there is any doubt (or maybe ALL players should apply anyway) they send in the paperwork to this Officer who QUICKLY and quietly gathers the evidence & the ruling is made within 24 hours on WHO each person is eligible to play for. NO twisting rules etc.

You hear some say 'it's in plain black & white" etc, well obviously it's not that clear to some; so just clear it up asap and stop all this stupid innuendo & conjecture.
Deadset there are days I am ashamed of the sport and many of the fans.

Thank gawd though in 40 odd years, I've seen enough to know the game's better than a few whiners.
;-)

Latest posts