What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we beat the Roosters this weekend?

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Coming off such a steller performance against the Ruff, you would have to think that the Tigers would be a show this weekend.

Brett Hodgson is starting to look to run off players alot more effectively, Prince is working out his combinations with players and consistantly kicking well and we have a dynamite forward pack.

The Roosters are about the best defence in the competition, so we will get to really see how our attack is going.

But i think the biggest feature will be that we will match it with the Roosters in the forwards. Should be a huge game in the forwards, regardless of Skando playing 5 minutes on Friday night or 80 minutes, i will be very happy if Sheens takes 4 props into the match.

Tigers by 4.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
I think you can almost garuntee that there will be 4 props in the game, I don't think Darren or Galea will be dropped.

super_coach

First Grade
wings back-ckooks back line-big ask-after last weeks effort,in with a chance==we can match it with anyone in close,but will stuggle in the class dept out wide.need to get a fair crack from the man in the middle.The chooks get most of the close calls in all their games.I just hope the fibro boys smach em.got the gear up front,might be lacking horse power out wide--but if their is a team thats deserves a bit of luck.its our mob---i have gut feeling feeling,we might pull a big one out==didnt see whos the ref-hope haynes and clark,have gone to iceland for holidays

holla4amarshall

Juniors
yea robinson is the reff my prediction after cayless incodent the other day.. Senter will be sent off
but it wont change the game because the roosters will be gooorn by that stage

Tommy Smith

Referee
You will do very well to match it with us in the forwards. Ricko, Fitzy, Crocker, Flannery, Morley, Tupou. Considering we only have two players backing up i think we'll have too much firepower for your mob. It won't be easy though as the Tigers are certainly on the improve.

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
I had a really good feeling about last week.

When ever i get that feeling I am always rewarded.

I got it agaist manly, against penrith, against NQLD, against parra in 2002......

but unfortunatly i dont have it for this week

Please hope that my luck in the past is only coincidence!

Big mob of my mates coming to the game so it should be good!
Cya there!

Gobbso

Juniors
I reckon that's a pretty fair assumption Innsaneo. I reckon they'll be between 4-8 points in it. I hope so anyway.Should be a quality match. Hope they go out there and play with the same amount of enthusiasm they did last week against Penrith. Should be plenty of points scored again. Naturally i'm tipping Wests to win by 4-8 points.

Eddie.

Bench
I fear a let down this week....

Like Cullus i had a really good feeling bout last week but yeah

Roosters by 14

Hope im wrong, The boys deserve some luck

skandofan

Juniors
Yeah it seems like everyone has been saying above it is going to be hard but really it's the same situation as was with the Panthers

Yes they have the players- fittler,wing and co. but so did the panthers-

i think its a matter of doing wat we did against the panthers in from the 35th minute to the 66th minute- defend with alot of grit and determination-
Skando, Graham and Satts topping the list

if we do this then we'll be fine- one of the reasons i think sheens has done such a good job is that 2 years ago a team like the roosters with their current playing strength would run all over us

our [partial] containment of gower and ESPECIALLY campbell last friday proves to me we can hold out and with some good attack through prince,hodgson,halatau, fitzy and SKANDALIS as we saw against manly-
we could be a chance

my early tip for m.o.m. will be skando backing up from city country

also, i was goin to start a new stread bout it but, doesnt anyone think skando deserved some dally m points for his effort against the panthers- he gained like 165 metres compared to "origin-bound" joel clinton who only got 133......

when will real appreciation for big skando start?

innsaneink

Referee
Skando fan....I cant remember who got what points but I thin it was....
3 Gower
2 wests tiger player?
1 panther player???.am I right...at first I though we were dudded...havent thought much about it since....but seeing as theyre the premiers and won...I think a player with 2 pts is fair enough.

White Tiger

Juniors
innsaneink said:
Skando fan....I cant remember who got what points but I thin it was....
3 Gower
2 wests tiger player?
1 panther player???.am I right...at first I though we were dudded...havent thought much about it since....but seeing as theyre the premiers and won...I think a player with 2 pts is fair enough.

Sattler got 2 points!!!

bonstonker

Juniors
fitness levels of a few players is the worry for me,especially against a team like the roosters.senter,payten and even boof are well off their peek and add skando and hodgson backling up and we will probably struggle in the last 20mins.
although i think skando is going to back up and have a big one and make morley his bitch.

we really need to slow the pace of the roosters game and the kicking game of prince will be of huge importance.
would love to see him trying to find the touchline with kicks out of our half and give our forwards as much of a break as possible between plays.

i'm going to bring out the lucky scoreline for this one

roosters 38
tigers 4

brook

First Grade
Its a big ask - I believe the roosters are the team that will win the comp this year and we'll have to be on our game to match them.

I do think we can come away with the win, this could very well be the best side we've had take the park all year and almost certainly has the best blend of experience and youth that we've shown so far (I'm a big fan of all of our young talent but when your entire bench still qualifies for jersey flegg - as has happened in some games this year - you have to worry about experience). If paytons fitness holds up his return is a HUGE advantage 'cause not only will he be up for a big game against easts but he also has the fire we need tempered with a little experience.

My biggest worry rests with our inability to win two games in a row - we tend to relax the week after we put on a good performance and although last week was a loss it was also our best game of the year and I worry the boys might not see it that way.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
I think we can win - Our forwards are very simular to the Roosters pack and with Senter and Payten back I to be honest think we will have the edge in that department.

2 keys for this match is how we go about shutting Fittler down and the 2nd is how our marker defence holds up

tigershaz

Juniors
eer.....geee......I don't know #-o
one minute I think we will win then I don't :?

I agree with Brook that it is possibly our best team so far this season to be on the field....

geez i hope we can beat them, but they wont have to be use, we will beast ourselves, make stupid mistakes. I know we had a couple of hard calls against the penny panthers, but excuses are startin 2 run out, as they say if your aunty had balls she would be your uncle. nearly isnt good enough

john wilson missed tackle on amos roberts, soft try to joe nalavou, soft try to luke swain etc

we have to start takin control of games, we wont be able to give good teams that many chances, we played well last week compared to in the past but we have 21 get stupid mistakes out of our repature

geez i hope we can win

tracietiga

Juniors
The Roosters will be too classy where it counts .But in all honesty this is not a game we would have penciled in as a win .
One thing for certain is the boys will have a go and the Roosters will know they just played in a game .

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Mighty Tiger said:
I think we can win - Our forwards are very simular to the Roosters pack and with Senter and Payten back I to be honest think we will have the edge in that department.

Are you on drugs?

Roosters
Ricketson - Test Player
Flannery - QLD Origin
Crocker - Test Player
Morley - Test Player
Wing - Test Player
Cusack - Country Origin

Webb, Robinson, Catic, Tupou on bench. Don't forget Fitzgibbon is a huge chance to play as well.

Wests
Sattler - QLD Origin
O'Neill
Graham
Skandalis - City Origin
Mears
Lanfranchi

Senter, Payton, Gibbs, Galea on bench.

The Roosters pack is outstanding. Arguably the best in the game. Your guys are good first grade footballers. To say your forwards are similar to the Roosters is laughable.

Latest posts