What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will You Still Support Them?

If it's any consolation, there is a certain team up north that must have been doing the same thing for decades.

You're a deadset f**kwit mate. f**king prove it. I have seen you post this sh*t in several threads now and I'm sick of it. Wheres your proof? if you have none then you're just making sh*t up and under the current circumstances, It is a ridiculously stupid thing to say. I would say this would call for a banning from the site. If i was the owner of the LU I would make sure i removed your defamation filled posts ASAP and have you removed from the forum.

LESStar58

Referee
I am hurt, angry and betrayed.

I cannot bring myself to support them anymore and from here on out I cannot bring myself to watch a game of rugby league. I can't bring myself to support any other team thus my 30 year love affair with the game has come to an end. I am disillusioned to the point that I have no desire for the game that has given me so many great years.

I could care less to the extent that the administration rorted the NRL. What I care more about is that we have been betrayed by an administration who have spat in the face of the fans and undone the good work that the team has done on the field and, by doing so, have set the reputation of the game in the state back by 100 years.

roopy

Referee
You're a deadset f**kwit mate. f**king prove it. I have seen you post this sh*t in several threads now and I'm sick of it. Wheres your proof? if you have none then you're just making sh*t up and under the current circumstances, It is a ridiculously stupid thing to say. I would say this would call for a banning from the site. If i was the owner of the LU I would make sure i removed your defamation filled posts ASAP and have you removed from the forum.
we all know what a salary cap buys - we all know it doesn't buy 2/3rds of the Aus side as some clubs have had some years.
The reason you are flying off the handle is that you know it too.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
This is a devastating day for Rugby League.

As a supporter of Melbourne after the Queensland teams, I have to say I am severely disappointed by this situation.

As much as I'd like to see the NRL remain apart of Victoria, I believe it's over for NRL in the state.

As an avid Broncos fan, I have to be honest; let the club die, and let the talent spread out to clubs who need that talent, who haven't been rorting the system.

I know, I know, it's not a fair position for Melbourne, but don't blame me, blame that merkin now (temporarily) leading the Melbourne Super 15 team.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
we all know what a salary cap buys - we all know it doesn't buy 2/3rds of the Aus side as some clubs have had some years.

Making evidence-less accusations against the Broncos doesn't make you look cool, roopy.

I have no idea how you are a moderator on this forum, you have no idea buddy. Where is your proof? Until you provide it, you are merely talking sh*t, under these circumstances, that is really uncalled for. I hope for your sake (and LU's), the Broncos organisation don't read this, you could find yourself in a bit of legal trouble.

philstorm

Juniors
If you're like me, the Storm has played a massive role in your life over the past 10 odd years.

After spending so much time and money in this club, it's just heartwrenching to see those bastards do this to us.

What do we do from here? I just want to curl into a ball when I think about all the good memories that will forever be tarnished by this shame...

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Blame those who should be blamed; the f**king administration.

You're letting your PLAYERS down if you turn your back on THEM.

natheel

Coach
stay strong u melbourne storm supporters, as much as i dislike the club....they seriously need ur support right now, im sure some players would know what was going on but there r alot of people trainers, players, coaches who didnt know and need support to hold the club together. i hate to say it but storm will be knocked down for a few years now. its still unbelievable that a club had to cheat this much to win though. and the fact they got away with it for so long and kept going.....its deceitful not only to the NRL but to their supporters.

stay strong!

mackdadday

Juniors
Im pretty sure the statement said the players were told that if they signed with melbourne they d get this cash incentive under the table..so pretty sure a few of them new what was going on :(

You're kidding if you seriously believe Smith/Slater/Inglis et al didnt have some sort of idea what was going on. Imagine some of the lesser paid players at the club and how they feel. I'd love to be a fly on the wall and see what they have to say to these greedy merkins at training tomorrow.

Knightmare

Coach

Kevin Rudd says the Broncos have always abided by the salary cap...

hindy111

Post Whore
Cheats.Got where you are from cheating.Not the fans fault but and if it was parra id still love them but they have to get rid of anyone who made these choices..
I think the club will fold.Its never been a success and dark days ahead....

joshreading

Staff member
I am gutted. I bought a Jersey even before our very first game against Norths. I have watched players bleed for this team. I have had the most excruciating games feel like they were going to rip my heart out (eg. THAT Brisbane final)

Can I give all that away because SOME people cheated us? The CLUB did not cheat us. The Club is at the end of the day an image, a community of players and fans. I am not sure what this year will bring but I will not stop following because SOME Administrative people cheated us.

Ps. I had not signed on as a member this year (thought the purple patron membership was a rip off) but I signed on tonight.

They are NOT going to steal our team. The past is now gone but the future is ultimately in OUR hands.

joshreading

Staff member
We keep on going.

They will get the cheats, we will regroup and then we will come back.

This pain will become satisfaction slowly as we beat teams FOR PRIDE SAKE. It will turn when we put a team to the sword in 2011 for points again.

Turn the pain into passion. Don't let them steal out team!!!!

Latest posts