What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

William Hopoate - most overrated player ever

Gronk

Staff member
Do you realise that the journalist has the court pleadings?

And that our defence admits that he was sent the offer in wiring, which he signed and sent back the very next day?

And that Hopoate is clearly suing on a substantial difference between that written offer sent on behalf of our club and accepted by him that he is now out of pocket for?

Even allowing for the fact that the claim will be an ambit claim, and that there may be some defences relating to the need to have a contract tregistered and approved by the nrl in this context, there is no factual vaccuum here. There are some very obvious inferences available.

I see your apologist approach is being supported by tweedledum and tweedledumber.

What's even stupider than your head in the sand approach is the mental giant's claim that Hopoate can't sue if he signed another contract. I've never seen anyone be so confident about things but be completely wrong every time. You are in good company with th Apologist Amigos there

Waiting for the facts is not being an apologist. I'm just not going to throw everyone under the bus right now. I'm not taking an unreasonable position, merkin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You never feel the need to question anything anyone with authority ever does, massive follower. Just because you play devils advocate on here doesn't mean you aren't a follower.

Whether or not they have authority (they have none over me) has nothing to do with it. They have better information than you deadshits, plus they have proven even a teensy bit more capability than you.

And anyway I do question them. I ask why they made X decision. That's a question. You saying they're wrong without understanding the decision isn't a question, it's an ignorant statement.

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont think Hop will get his full claim but would you agree that any sort of compensation or damages would make us look dumb or incompetent?

After two dud years to even offer him a contract whilst playing like a sack of potatoes is hard to believe. But one on those $$$.

Keep in mind this is more likely his Manager pushing this. And lawyers will go for the Maximum claim knowing they wont get anywhere near it.

I think he is entitled to whatever the difference is between this years salary from our offer and the dogs.

What he will be paid in years 2 and 3 is irrelevant. Using the arguement no other clubs had money to spare would not work for those years.

strider

Post Whore
Waiting for the facts is not being an apologist. I'm just not going to throw everyone under the bus right now. I'm not taking an unreasonable position, merkin.

Fair enough but i think there are enough known facts to count our club as a complete f**k up for this

Gazzamatta

Coach
After two dud years to even offer him a contract whilst playing like a sack of potatoes is hard to believe. But one on those $$$.

Keep in mind this is more likely his Manager pushing this. And lawyers will go for the Maximum claim knowing they wont get anywhere near it.

I think he is entitled to whatever the difference is between this years salary from our offer and the dogs.

What he will be paid in years 2 and 3 is irrelevant. Using the arguement no other clubs had money to spare would not work for those years.
Makes sense to me. So the difference in year one may be say $400k. Less 1/7th cause Hoppa likes a sleep in on Sundays. Then of cause the arguement remains that he wasnt disadvantaged given Lafai, Roberts and Hiku all centers, signed during the Hoppa Drama. The truth is nobody wanted him except the Dogs and thats only because they got him so damn cheap.
True our club should never have made Hoppa such an offer and the point remains who did Sewyard discuss this with. I would think BA would have to have known but how much license did Sewyard take? Obviously enough to be sacked.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Im probably missing something here but didnt Hoppa play Good Friday Night vrs The Bunnys. Isnt Easter and particularly Good Friday the most sacred days in the Religious calendar?

IFR33K

Coach
Im probably missing something here but didnt Hoppa play Good Friday Night vrs The Bunnys. Isnt Easter and particularly Good Friday the most sacred days in the Religious calendar?

I asked a similar question, but apparently Mormons don't believe in good Friday.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Do Muslim playrrs not eat or drink prior and during the game during Ramadan?
Gotta wait till the sun goes down so hed be ok for night games if they happened during Ramadan. It seems Hoppa picks and chooses which rules to follow.

I fell for that one didnt I. Silly Gazza

It might have been a trap but I suspect yy just asked it in this thread as it's about religion. I could be wrong, yy can be a funny bugger.

Either way, I remember El Masri having to go without drink on the day of a game. Gotta be dangerous. If I don't have at least 6 beers in the fridge I'm likely to kill someone.

yy_cheng

Coach
It might have been a trap but I suspect yy just asked it in this thread as it's about religion. I could be wrong, yy can be a funny bugger.

Either way, I remember El Masri having to go without drink on the day of a game. Gotta be dangerous. If I don't have at least 6 beers in the fridge I'm likely to kill someone.

Nah, it was a serious question. It must affect them physically

Latest posts