What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willing to travel?

How far do you travel to watch your team on a regular basis?

• Under 10km

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between 10-30km

• 30-50km

• 50-150km

• 150-500km

• Total voters

choc_soldier

Coach
I'll go to all the Panthers games in Sydney, as well as Canberra, Newcastle and Wollongong, and try to save up for another away game every year (i.e. Brisbane, Townsville, Melbourne and Auckland).

I know someone who is aiming to go to EVERY Panthers game this year. Has already been to Auckland, and is going to Brisbane in a few weeks... :shock:

DIEHARD

----
parra_panther said:
I know someone who is aiming to go to EVERY Panthers game this year. Has already been to Auckland, and is going to Brisbane in a few weeks... :shock:

If he pulls that off, the man deserves a medal! :eek:

Surandy

Bench
I've been to 4 away games so far, 1 in 2002 and 3 in 2003. This weekend I'm making my first away trip for 2004.

I go with the MSSC travellers, they do all the organising, I do the paying and the drinking. I aim to go to either Canberra or Wollongong in August this year and any/all finals matches that Storm play (even if it means getting home 2 hours before I have to start work).

Macca

Coach
Do you travel to see your team? Yep, every chance I get.
I saw the Sharks and Melbourne at the MCG in 2001

Do you go with a group? Usually my Old bloke. Sometimes my wife comes.

Do you make contact with the home teams support base? No

Kiwipanther

Juniors
I used to travel from New Zealand to Penrith games on a regular basis over a 10-15 year period. Until this year I have been to every game Penrith has played in New Zealand..including trials. Reason for stopping, I moved here, it's less expensive :D

Jedda

Juniors
I'd love to be able to travel everywhere to support the Knights but the fact that I live in NZ and work full-time kind of stifles any chances of that.

The priority for each season is the Knights/Warriors game at Ericcson and every couple of years I get a part-time job to fund a trip to Newcastle or Sydney to watch another Knights game.

My ulitmate dream is to win the Lotto and spend the footy season in Australia travelling to all Knights games and returning to NZ in the off-season to catch up with family and friends.

*Runs off to buy another Lotto ticket*

Swampdonkey

Juniors
In 1993 when the Tigers won the wooden spoon i went to all 22 of their games, including 2 exhibition games in Melbourne and a game at ANZ stadium in Brisbane (We lost 50-0).
I was only 15, so i didn't have a great deal of responsibility...

Since then with work and money i have reduced the number of games that i go to, but still go to every game at Leichhardt Oval, with the exception of 1 or 2 games every couple of years and i have gone to most games at Campbelltown since the merger.

I have just moved to Brisbane, this year i will be going to all of the games at Leichhardt Oval, only yesterday i booked my flight for the Tigers vs Manly game on Anzac Day, and i will also go to the Tigers game at Suncorp stadium. I may be lucky enough to go to a few more games, but i can't say for sure....

Paullyboy

Coach
I go to every game at Lang Park (to cheer on whoever the broncos are playing :twisted:) that isnt on a Sunday.

Im currently at uni so the only 2 days a week i can work are Saturday and Sunday, that means any sunday arvo games are out - and guess what they all have been so far this year :evil:

Still looking forward to the first night game up here.

But as for the travelling question, ive never been to a stadium outside of Brisbane. The two closest teams are Newcastle and North Qld - neither are anywhere near a day trips driving distance from Brisbane unfortunately.

Latest posts