What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Words Ro Best Describe Todays Performance at Around the 50mimute Mark.

Redvpassion

Juniors
Doust is an idiot, he can't work anything out. Of we supported can see we are 2 forwards short, WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING ABOUT IT. So many forwards on offer but yet couldn't even sign one. DOUST AND STEVE MUST LEAVE. Makes a good banner.

Gomarchin

Juniors
We identified that we had a small forward pack in the off season but nothing was done to address this...why is anyone surprised when we get steamrolled by bigger packs?!! And our next game is against the dogs...

Dezziedc

Juniors
  • Woeful;
  • Pathetic;
  • Amateurish;
  • Priceless (my Favourite);
  • Heartless;
  • Gutless;
  • Reprehensible;
  • Disgraceful;
  • Embarrassing
................feel free to jump in............

This is what happens when you don't really have a coach!!!!!!!!!!

(apologies about the spelling error in the subject line)

to be honest mate, I reckon the players lost this today. Has nothing to do with the coach. Stupid errors, and not playing to whistle. The game should have been much closer.

Mr Red

First Grade
to be honest mate, I reckon the players lost this today. Has nothing to do with the coach. Stupid errors, and not playing to whistle. The game should have been much closer.

I think a team where the same stupid errors keep getting made for three years has something to do with the coaching, and the inability to identify issues and remedy them

Redvpassion

Juniors

Someone has to take the blame for This. I mean we have had 3 years of utter Bullcrap. How many more years can we possibly take of this. Going off topic abit, MAN UTD a proud club missed out of champions league and euro league, they sack their coach who had signed a 6 year contract.

Why cant our club do the same. Man this is so bloody frustrating. I'm sure we have a proud culture and history to live by.

We need a change from the top and must start NOW.

hazzbeen

Bench
That will do me. Everybody here can see the problem with the coach the pack exept DOust.I have said before really who have we beat and who can we beat? We beat the warriors twice as we did last year.Price has to go hang on lets sign him
for another three years.What a joke!

Last edited:

Dezziedc

Juniors
I think a team where the same stupid errors keep getting made for three years has something to do with the coaching, and the inability to identify issues and remedy them

Are you serious? Have you ever played the game? To me it looks like they are taking the game into their own hands and trying to fabricate something out of nothing. Today, in my opinion, it was the play the ball (as it is every game) - they just can't slow it down enough. Irrespective of the size of the pack, the we just can't slow the play the balls down and get a roll on. Even with the Warriors game, they had more fast play the balls. That is where we are losing games.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I actually enjoyed the Roosters standard of play, reminded me of the 2010 Dragons. Pity tho we played the Rooster back into form today and the ladder positions will probably be reversed.

saints4me

Juniors
This.

They are bigger and faster but we have played dumb.

Too big. Too fast. Too good.
We're going to read that again and again this year. You can't give away big starts and try playing catch up. Won't happen.
We'll win games this year but not against bigger packs and unless something is done to rectify this we're in for more of the same. I'll always follow the Dragons no matter what but it's so bloody obvious where we need better recruitment!!

Mr Red

First Grade
It's not the size of the forwards that's the issue, it's the intimidation and aggression they don't have that's the problem.
For example Sam Moa and Frank Paul are both 105kg, we have forwards that size and bigger, but do they run and tackle with the same purpose... No way in hell...
Size doesn't equal aggression ... Jake friend hits harder in defence than some of our forwards and he isn't that big at all

It's not the size of the forwards that's the issue, it's the intimidation and aggression they don't have that's the problem.
For example Sam Moa and Frank Paul are both 105kg, we have forwards that size and bigger, but do they run and tackle with the same purpose... No way in hell...
Size doesn't equal aggression ... Jake friend hits harder in defence than some of our forwards and he isn't that big at all

You've hit the nail on the head mate.
Remember 8 weeks ago we were fed"hardest off season in the history of the club"
All the other guff we were drip fed counts for zero when you can't take it over the white line.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Spot on mate.....they might be around 105kgs but I bet they have huge hearts.....

Dorsai

Juniors
Seriously, this is shaping up to be another year of mediocre performances. I do not think the size of the pack with these rules makes a big difference, though the bigger forwards do get an advantage in meterage. I do however see this waiting defence pattern as a big issue. Cast back to the first 3 rounds when they looked good not just in attack, but also in defence. The defensive line moved up and took on the opposition forwards. This is what negates the larger pack size. An up in the line defence stops the attack from gaining momentum. They seemed to have confidence in each other and the defensive formation.

That stopped in round 4. I certainly noticed a whole new defensive pattern. This one has stopped moving up except in the oppositions 20 metre zone. This defense waits for the runner and then tries to stop them. Hence, the bigger forward gets a roll with size and weight and makes more impact.

Waiting on the attacker is waiting for even the small opposition players to hit the line and make an impact. I dredd seeing the opposition within our 20 metre zone because unless we are on the ball or they make a mistake we wait from them to waltz up to the tryline and score or break over the line while we stand there and hope to keep the ball off the ground.

That is issue one. Issue two is the lack of ability to tackle players

I do not know about you, but how many missed tackles were there today. fair dinkum missed ones where someone had a grab or we just held on to them and walked another 5 metres before they got tired enough to have to play the ball. There is little to no effective tackling.

Last but not leat is our attack options. Sorry, lack of options. Its back to one out, and hope Dugan or Widdup can do something. Guys, its not working anymore.

Please, if they are serious, sign marshall and pay for Witt to hop a plane back to where he came from because he is just useless.

We need a coach, a defensive coach, an attack coach, and a tackling coach. That would be a start, but unfortunately, we will be here in round 26 still arguing that Price and his half witts need to be removed.

Last edited: