What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Betting Thread

Macca_

Coach
Still got some going.

I've made a few humby out of the World Cup so far though and getting a free shirt so can't be unhappy with that.

Just on Henry, it's more to do with the system/style the French side play. He doesn't get the chance to drop deep or drift out wide etc in the French system. And I've always maintained he can't play in the same side as Zidane. ZZ fills a lot of the roles Henry does at Arsenal.

willvillain

Juniors
Not having a dig Mac - just reminding you of your early Czech-love.

I laughed at your Czech/Portugal final prediction, but clearly for the wrong bloody reason! I thought Portugal would be the one to fall over early.

Macca_

Coach
Czechs were just a casualty of a tough group in the end. They were awesome against the USA. Then they came up against a red hot Ghana who may have beaten anyone that night, not much going right for the Czechs either. Which made it hard against Italy who they played better than for the first 20 minutes befire conceding a goal. Then before half time they had a man sent off. They tried hard in the second half, but ended up being picked off by a counter attack goal. They weren't that far away from the second round.

Macca_

Coach
I can see the French with an upset tonight. Reckon they are due a real good game...

World Cup - Tournament Top Goal Scorer Head To Head - HENRY v VAN NISTELROOY - HENRY, Thierry (France) Win 2.20 (2-1) won
World Cup - Tournament Top Goal Scorer Head To Head - VIDUKA v YORKE - TIE Win 2.00 (0-0) won
World Cup - Tournament Top Goal Scorer Head To Head - RONALDO v ADRIANO - ADRIANO (Brazil) Win 3.35 (1-2)
$10 on for return of $147.40

World Cup - Tournament Top Goal Scorer Head To Head - HENRY v VAN NISTELROOY - HENRY, Thierry (France) Win 2.20 (2-1) won
World Cup - Tournament Top Goal Scorer Head To Head - VIDUKA v YORKE - TIE Win 2.00 (0-0) won
World Cup - Tournament Top Goal Scorer Head To Head - RONALDO v ADRIANO - ADRIANO (Brazil) Win 3.20 (1-2)
$10 on for return of $140.80

Need Adriano to make up a goal tonight and go into the next one at 2-2. Wouldn't mind to see him get 2 tonight though

Macca_

Coach
I'll take a 3-1 win to France :D

Go you little Frenchies :D And got the roughies -

$2 bet -
LA Dodgers -1.5 won
Raiders won
Broncos won
England/Ecuador under 2.5 won
Switzerland/Ukraine draw won
France won
$290.89

$1 bet -
Raiders/Raiders won
Broncos 1-12 won
Warriors/Warriors won
England won
France won
$227.25

Mr Saab

Referee
F me...you got a 227-1 shot up and a 145-1 shot up?
Macca...thats one of your best.
Shame you dont put a minimum of 10 on ur bets!

Macca_

Coach
:lol: I know.

Only playing around with small ones. Never been a big punter. Putting $20 on something is big enough for me :D

Got a few more of those roughies rolling now. The baseball is looking good to get me down to the WC on the weekend.

I'd have to be up around $700 on the world cup and also to recieve a free WC shirt from the centrebet promo. Going good :D (touch wood)

Tom Shines

First Grade
Macca_ said:
I'll take a 3-1 win to France :D

Go you little Frenchies :D And got the roughies -

$2 bet -
LA Dodgers -1.5 won
Raiders won
Broncos won
England/Ecuador under 2.5 won
France won
$290.89

$1 bet -
Raiders/Raiders won
Broncos 1-12 won
Warriors/Warriors won
England won
France won
$227.25
f**k you Macca!

Tom Shines

First Grade
Turned my measly winnings so far ($45.10) into Italy/Ukraine less than three goals to take the tally up to $64.94.

If the Ukranians get up, I'm in front. Else, I've paid retail for a Socceroos jersey... :-(

Electric_Eels

Juniors
Coleman said:
Turned my measly winnings so far ($45.10) into Italy/Ukraine less than three goals to take the tally up to $64.94.

If the Ukranians get up, I'm in front. Else, I've paid retail for a Socceroos jersey... :-(

I take it youre going to dislike Italy even more now, unless you got something back because it was exactly 3 goals!?

juggalo_strit

Juniors
That's a good price Macca.
Why couldn't the bloody French play like this in there group games.
I would of been a bit more richer.