What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Schedule Leak

PaulyTom

Juniors
Most of the schedule has been announced or leaked already. Here is a sneak peak.

Group A

England
Australia
Lebanon
France

Group B
NZ
Tonga
Samoa
Scotland

Group C
Fiji
USA
European Qualifier

Group D
PNG
European Qualifier
European Qualifier

Game Break Down
Group A

England vs Australia Etihad Stadium Melbourne
Australia vs Lebanon SFS
England vs Lebanon SFS
France vs England ***** ? Potentially Canberra or a double header with Australia vs Lebanon or a long shot for Perth
Lebanon vs France ****** ? Potential double header with England vs Australia .
Australia vs France Canberra

Group B
NZ vs Tonga Hamilton
Samoa vs Scotland Cairns
NZ vs Samoa Mt Smart Auckland
Tonga vs Scotland Cairns
NZ vs Scotland Christchurch
Tonga vs Samoa Mt Smart Auckland

Group C
Fiji vs USA Townsville
Euro Qualifier 1 vs USA Townsville
Fiji vs Euro Qualifier 1 Townsville

Group D
PNG vs Euro Qualifier 2 Port Moresby
Euro Qualifier 2 vs Euro Qualifier 3 Cairns
PNG vs Euro Qualifier 3 Port Moresby

Cross Pool games C/D
PNG - Port Moresby
2nd Cross over game ???
3rd Cross over game - ???

Quarterfinal 1 - Christchurch
Quarterfinal 2 - Wellington
Quaterfinal 3 - Darwin
Quarterfinal 4 - Canberra

Semi Final 1
- Auckalnd
Semi Final 2 - Brisbane

Final- Brisbane

Thought?

Emu01

Juniors
Why are the holding so many double headers? I thought they had lots of venues all over Australia wanting to host a game.

Sydney gets Australia v Lebanon in a stadium notoriously difficult to fill it doesn't make sense to me.I hope the leak is wrong..

TIM !!!!!!

Juniors
Looks like a crap draw

Quarter Final in Darwin. NT Government must be paying 100 million when 5,000 people will turn up.

jim_57

Staff member
Actually draw looks pretty spot on in my opinion.. venues on the other hand..

Some good selections but some absolutely dumb ones (if true)

undertaker

Coach
Sydney gets Australia v Lebanon in a stadium notoriously difficult to fill it doesn't make sense to me.I hope the leak is wrong..

To put this in perspective:

The last test Allianz hosted was the Australia vs NZ Anzac test in 2014 (two of the big 3), which only got 25,429 (Hunter Stadium outdrew that in 2011 and 2016). The 2008 Australia vs Fiji RLWC semi-final got 15,855.....that's right, for a semi-final.

IMO, the Australia vs Lebanon fixture will be very lucky to get in the high-teens (15-20k), and even then that won't be a good look on tv, given Australia is a co-host (Ch9/News Ltd will be having a field day with those crowd attendances). It definitely won't be getting 30k+ like others have been suggesting. The Australian fans at this game will predominantly be the NRL die-hards who go week in week out to matches. Nevertheless, compared to England vs Lebanon at the same venue, it's going to be a very difficult fixture to promote to Sydneysiders.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Actually draw looks pretty spot on in my opinion.. venues on the other hand..

Some good selections but some absolutely dumb ones (if true)

This is exactly how I feel. The draw actually looks fantastic and is damn well near perfectly set up to maximise crowds. The stadium choices on the other hand are just bizare and will hurt this WC a lot. I'm really hoping its not true because i feel like this WC is going to hold back the international game in Australia.

Can someone explain to me how Ireland vs Romania got 89k to Wembley during the RUWC? Were they cardboard cut outs in seats I was seeing on my TV screen?

PaulyTom

Juniors
Canberra will get a quarterfinal , they will get the Australia vs France game and they will get one other.

PaulyTom

Juniors
I think if promoted right the rlwc2017 should get big crowds for both games that Lebanon are in. Atmosphere could be rocking with the Lebanese community in Sydney. Personally I would have liked to see one of those games played at belmore. Would sellout out in a matter of minutes.

To put this in perspective:

The last test Allianz hosted was the Australia vs NZ Anzac test in 2014 (two of the big 3), which only got 25,429 (Hunter Stadium outdrew that in 2011 and 2016). The 2008 Australia vs Fiji RLWC semi-final got 15,855.....that's right, for a semi-final.

IMO, the Australia vs Lebanon fixture will be very lucky to get in the high-teens (15-20k), and even then that won't be a good look on tv, given Australia is a co-host (Ch9/News Ltd will be having a field day with those crowd attendances). It definitely won't be getting 30k+ like others have been suggesting. The Australian fans at this game will predominantly be the NRL die-hards who go week in week out to matches. Nevertheless, compared to England vs Lebanon at the same venue, it's going to be a very difficult fixture to promote to Sydneysiders.

Pommy

Coach
So much for Canberra getting a quarter final

Sydney didn't get a final of any shape or form so don't feel so bad. Still have no idea why Kangaroos vs England is in Melbourne and not Sydney or Brisbane.
Kangaroos will probably play their 1/4 in Darwin f**king genius.

Official Rugby League World Cup Draw
POOL A
AUS
V
ENG
27/10/17
Melbourne
FRA
V
lebanese
29/10/17
Canberra
AUS
V
FRA
3/11/17
Canberra
ENG
V
lebanese
4/11/17
Sydney
AUS
V
lebanese
11/11/17
Sydney
ENG
V
FRA
12/11/17
Perth
POOL B
NZL
V
SAM
28/10/17
Auckland
SCO
V
TON
29/10/17
Cairns
NZL
V
SCO
4/11/17
Christchurch
SAM
V
TON
4/11/17
Hamilton
SAM
V
SCO
11/11/17
Cairns
NZL
V
TON
11/11/17
Hamilton
POOLS C & D
PNG
V
EQ1
28/10/17
Port Moresby
FIJ
V
USA
28/10/17
Townsville
EQ2
V
EQ3
29/10/17
Cairns
EQ3
V
USA
5/11/17
Townsville
PNG
V
EQ2
5/11/17
Port Moresby
FIJ
V
EQ1
5/11/17
Townsville
FIJ
V
EQ3
10/11/17
Canberra
EQ1
V
EQ2
12/11/17
Perth
PNG
V
USA
12/11/17
Port Moresby
QUARTER FINAL 1
1A
V
3B
17/11/17
Darwin
QUARTER FINAL 4
2B
V
1D
19/11/17
Melbourne
QUARTER FINAL 2
1B
V
3A
18/11/17
Christchurch
QUARTER FINAL 3
2A
V
1C
18/11/17
Wellington
SEMI FINAL 1
QF1
V
QF4
24/11/17
Brisbane
SEMI FINAL 2
QF2
V
QF3
25/11/17
Auckland
FINAL
SF1
V
SF2
02/12/17
Brisbane

http://www.rlwc2017.com/draw/

adamkungl

Immortal
Just infuriating. Rugby League shooting itself in the foot again. Really wants to remain a dumb backwater sport.

Latest posts