What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst gigs

bluesbreaker

Bench
I'm really really surprised by people saying they were disappointed with the Jam. What about it was disappointing?

I saw 1,2,3 Sydney 03, 1,2,3, Sydney and Newcastle 06, and they rocked Sydney 3 last tour, the crowd just wasn't in to it for the first two (setlist for 1 was the best). Shame because they're a band who'll play 3 encores and 4 hour shows from Eddie Vedder pre-set to final song if the crowd is really really loud.

Newcastle 06, however, by common consensus amongst the PJ diehards as one of their top 10 shows ever. Probably because Mark Richards picked the list and most of the show was all songs they rarely play live.

Most disappointing band i've seen would probably be Silverchair, NYE 06. $90 and they were awful. Much, much better at Waveaid. Jack Johnson sucked as well.

carcharias

Immortal
I'm really really surprised by people saying they were disappointed with the Jam. What about it was disappointing?

I saw them at Eatern Creek when ever that was.
The stage was pretty bland ( no big screen from memory - I could be wrong).
Musically wise it was fine ....but it was almost like a sound check without all the lights and stuff.
Admittedly it was daylight still.
There was not much banter ......I dunno.
I had seen GnR in the same spot and they really put on a good show.

I think maybe EC was too big a venue for Pearl Jam .
That was probably the biggest problem.

It was also a dry gig....but so was GnR.

Another gig that sucked was Lenny Kravitz.
Man ...what a wanker.
I went expecting a good rock n roll show but got a some poser balladeering chicks in the crowd.

What a let down....I really dug his first couple of records too.

Skinner

Coach
julian87 said:
Saw Steve Kilbey last Saturday night and he is atill an asshole.

As for me, the worst gig I have been to was probably The Strokes at The Hordern last yr. They just looked and sounded exhausted.

Oh.....Steve "we're going to be bigger than the Beatles" Kilby.

Once a wanker, always a wanker :lol:

Skeletor

Juniors
Some band called Rage opening for Audioslave at the Tennis Centre in Melbourne circa 2003. Everyone left the venue and went outside and smoked, or got beers or whatever until the words "This is gonna be our last song" were heard.

Bad local bands I've seen here: Saint Cycle, Trillit and The Black Cigarettes. There's a few more but their names have thankfully been taken from my memory.

bluesbreaker

Bench
carcharias said:
I saw them at Eatern Creek when ever that was.
The stage was pretty bland ( no big screen from memory - I could be wrong).
Musically wise it was fine ....but it was almost like a sound check without all the lights and stuff.
Admittedly it was daylight still.
There was not much banter ......I dunno.
I had seen GnR in the same spot and they really put on a good show.

I think maybe EC was too big a venue for Pearl Jam .
That was probably the biggest problem.

It was also a dry gig....but so was GnR.

Tah for the answer, makes a lot of sense. You lucky focker to see them in a general admission show! Give em a crack nowadays. Play a lot tighter sets, generally pretty heavy in the chatter in Australia.

sportive cupid

Referee
carcharias said:
What is the worst gig you have been to ....When your expectations where quite high.

The Church
3 hours of obscure B sides and adlibbed instrumentals.
No hits
I have to agree with this.I saw the CHurch in the 80's and I thought the same thing.They just did not conecct with their audience at all.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
sportive cupid said:
I have to agree with this.I saw the CHurch in the 80's and I thought the same thing.They just did not conecct with their audience at all.

Sportive, you're a liar:p

fish eel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
:lol: I knew it!!!! Fishy is a closet hair fan, he even went and saw Gunners;-)

and they sucked lol

majorly.

Skid Row were entertaining - though I think they used to have a harder edge than those hair spray bands.

Godz Illa

Coach
Pre-emptive strike: octogenarians (I assume) Bon Jovi are touring and I'm the mandatory handbag for my salivating chick. I think they're good tbh and have plenty of great songs, but the prices are just beyond ridiculous. $255 for a band 10 years (I'm being generous) past their best? I went to see them in 95 or 94 whenever it was at Eastern Creek, quite closer to their peak, and it cost me a quarter of that. The retro rock dollar is apparently at a premium.

Munky

Coach
$255

Holy Crap!!!

Iron Maiden were $150 each (for gold) and they're far more retro than Bon Jovi possibly are.

smeghead

Bench
and far more geriatric.

Seriously I saw an Iron Maiden live from Abbey Road and I thought that the drummer had a life support machine somewhere

carcharias

Immortal
$255 for Bon Jovi!!!!!

fuggen hell .
It is cheaper to get busted talking on a mobile while driving.
..and I should know.

Both leave you with the feeling that you've just been ripped off.

Skid row before GnR ah yes ...now there was some flowing chick hair going on there.

I knew one song of theirs ..the big power ballad.
what a crock of shyte.

Rose tattoo were the highlight of the day by a mile.

Red Bear

Referee
Silverchair at big day out. Holy crap they were aweful. Aweful. I like the album frogstomp, and a few songs on the 2 albums after that, but since then they have been aweful and daniel johns is probly the biggest wanker i have ever seen on stage. Ever. What a dickhead with his fake american accent prancing about playing soft and rubbish music. There's a reason Freak was the only song to get the crowd going

Generalzod

Immortal
Sade back in the late 80's at the entertainment centre, walked out of the place worst concert ever...

HevyDevy

Coach
carcharias said:
$255 for Bon Jovi!!!!!

fuggen hell .
It is cheaper to get busted talking on a mobile while driving.
..and I should know.

Both leave you with the feeling that you've just been ripped off.

Skid row before GnR ah yes ...now there was some flowing chick hair going on there.

I knew one song of theirs ..the big power ballad.
what a crock of shyte.

Rose tattoo were the highlight of the day by a mile.

I Remember You would be the track - brilliant stuff.

Sebastian Bach has a superb voice. Met him a few months ago actually - he thinks it's still 1990.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Oasis at the Entertainment Centre - somewhere between about 1997-97. It was at the time of their plane shenanigans where Liam said that if he ever saw the pioot on the street in Perth he's ram a pick-axe up his arse and he went on to break a fan's nose in Brisbane.

Good times. Not.